This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

I hate customers!
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:12:54 pm »
Why can't all customers have a concience, pay on time, open their gates when requested and just let me get on with providing a service every five weeks or whatever instead of - not today or - phone me back in two weeks time. How do you guys manage to keep it up for twenty five years or more?

Spruce

Re: I hate customers!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 05:18:16 pm »
Drink ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:19:28 pm »
then drink so more

i have found most of my customers pay, those that are home pay on the day, but those that arent, i think its down to using prepaid envelopes, i just get 1st class stamps - i know it all adds up, but its a little incentive, so all they have to do is post the cheque...
i havent had any missed payments so far this way..

as for opening the gates, i dont know- they just do think or remember, im starting to use a a frame ladder to get over gates now.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 05:20:27 pm »
Get rid of all the "not today" timewasters

nat

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 05:20:43 pm »
just drop the s**t ones. i have just dropped one today, it is the third notable time this year she has made an excuse. keep going you will weed them out but its unfortunatly the nature of our business.

No point dwelling on it, just leave the dissapointment and frustration at where you spoke to the customer last and replace them.

Helen

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:43 pm »
Why can't all customers have a concience, pay on time, open their gates when requested and just let me get on with providing a service every five weeks or whatever instead of - not today or - phone me back in two weeks time. How do you guys manage to keep it up for twenty five years or more?
Don't go back to the "not today" merchants
Don't phone back to the phone me in 2 week merchants
and so on.
Meanwhile go out and get people who do appreciate you services ;D

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:26:55 pm »

We all seem a bit bitter and twisted about our customers today.

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:24 pm »
its hell
but what i do is tell them that i come round  every 5 .2 .6  weeks,and any one who says not todaygoes on my dodgy list .
then if they do the same again. they are off my list. as for promt payment ,well thats a hard one, you just have to persavere?
 i have been a wc for nearly 27 years now??
i find a good holiday helps, prefrably surfing on the north devon or cornish coast
hope this helps
regards mike

jampot

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:27 pm »
ive had same sort of thing today,  >:(
went to 1 house knocked the door,
   "hello its the window cleaner" she said "ok"
i said "we are doing your windows today and you owe for two previous cleans"
she reply,
       " no i dnt and i havent had your slip saying that theyve been cleaned (i know for a fact that she had)
she payed up in the end tho. pis sed me rite off.
i just hate trying to explain that people owe for previous cleans, they look at you as if you ripping them off and all you want is the money that they owe  >:( >:(
anyway rant over >:(       

elite mike

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:32:50 pm »

Davew

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:33:21 pm »
Yes i know exactly what to do but i'm not exactly over-run with work. Four hours today and finished. I'm just not in a position yet to dump too many. Got rid of one who just can't remember to unlock the gate even after a phone call the night before (for the third time)  ::)
 I think there is an advantage in working away from home because they know you won't be in their area for another five weeks. Then i've got some really really crap payers, i have one where the husband always answers the door and says his wife has the money but she's out (happens every time). Leave stamped adressed envelopes for others.........and nothing.

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 05:41:46 pm »
take the bolt cutters with you,

pingu

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 05:42:19 pm »
And some nut-crackers :o

elite mike

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 05:45:23 pm »
im,e with you m8

johnny_h

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 05:47:11 pm »
i've been telling the not todayers that i will have to remove them from the regular list and go onto my now and again list which i do as and when i have time to fit them in some are still waiting from the summer
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 05:54:26 pm »
Yes i know exactly what to do but i'm not exactly over-run with work. Four hours today and finished. I'm just not in a position yet to dump too many. Got rid of one who just can't remember to unlock the gate even after a phone call the night before (for the third time)  ::)
 I think there is an advantage in working away from home because they know you won't be in their area for another five weeks. Then i've got some really really crap payers, i have one where the husband always answers the door and says his wife has the money but she's out (happens every time). Leave stamped adressed envelopes for others.........and nothing.
Tip there dont leave a stamped address envelope, leave terms and conditions stating that late payment incur a late payment fee of £££ they soon send payment trust me on that one

Ian

Helen

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 06:20:23 pm »
Yes i know exactly what to do but i'm not exactly over-run with work.
If they are turning you away or asking you to phone in 2 weeks then you don't have their custom anyway.  ;)

pingu

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 06:23:28 pm »
Davew I see your point re: no being in a position to turn away custom...am in that position myself...give them a little leeway and in the time being find some other customers in the same area and then you'll have no problems dumping them.

Cheers
Dave.

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 06:30:21 pm »
These are people who just want them doing a bit nearer to Xmas when the family descends...I've had several this week like that. The better customers are getting told: I've a full diary for December but if I can possibly squeeze you in I will.

The not so good custys are being told "Yes"...but it won't happen. They get done in the New Year if i can be bothered.

Not taking on any new custies from 1st Dec as most of them are just wanting them done for Xmas and I'll not see them again.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:06 pm »
Dont talk to me about customers, can this day get any worse (shouldnt say that)
god I would love to work in macdonalds frying chips right now.

I am having a mare of a day started at 8pm last night and aint stoppped since,
A customer I cleaned 3 weeks ago phones tonight saying there is a smear on the window and as she quoted "not happy" no phone number only a road that I clean 9 houses on, I guarentee my cleaning for 48 hours, three weeks shes is off her head, I know from voice who she is. GOD I AM SO SO ANNOYED.
I think today is throw everything at Ian day and see if he cracks, well I am getting that way right now, blood has been boiling at top of head all day, one more call and I swear I will blow, i'm sticking the answer machine on as I have had a gut full in the last 24 hours, if you do need to call me be nice on the message and I may pick up.

this is the downside of running a company  >:(

Tomorrow is another day and it will be brighter  ;)