This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Helen

'Aving a laugh
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:27:19 am »
Anyone heard of The Professional Window Cleaning Co around North Hants/Surrey?
Just lost a customer to them who was paying £25 for large house and extremely large conservatory to them. Apparently this lot are going to do all this plus the roof panels (which should take a minimum of 2 hours alone) for the grand price of £25.
Personally I'm glad to be rid of her as every job has to be bartered for. So if you're reading this PWC Co, let her know she won't be welcome back.

riz

Re: 'Aving a laugh
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:42:18 am »
Not heard of them, am in Camberley, Surrey.  I think we all know what the outcome will be in a few months!! ::)

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:52:48 am »

Tricky one that. Technically they've not undercut you...just offered to do more work for the same money. I think they've screwed up here and will soon drop her when they suddenly realise they're working for £8 ph.

Expect her phone call in about 4 months time ;D

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:13:19 pm »
theres a company around me called pm contracts. They're constantly undercutting me. Not that my prices are too high, but they seem to be a big company.
Still I am gaining lots of their old customers as they do a rubbish job!

anyone else heard of PM Contracts?

Helen

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 04:39:16 pm »

Tricky one that. Technically they've not undercut you...just offered to do more work for the same money. I think they've screwed up here and will soon drop her when they suddenly realise they're working for £8 ph.

Expect her phone call in about 4 months time ;D

Even if someone had deliberatley undercut I would not be bothered with this one. To be honest she's the sort who would have probably told them our pricing anyway before they priced up.
They certainly have screwed up as the conserv sides are standard height, glass top to bottom, no panels at the bottom just framework.20 panels in total 3ft wide with a recess in the middle. More glass in this than her house and the 2 next door. We were underpriced and I guess she got the vibes that a price increase was on the way. Oh yes and she has a locked gate so phone call needed for access, as she will not have anyone climbing over.

As for her calling in the future, well she can, but our listings will be full ;D

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 05:14:17 pm »

I've got some customers that are hard work. Unfortunately these aren't the ones who can me >:(

Helen

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:22:20 pm »

I've got some customers that are hard work. Unfortunately these aren't the ones who can me >:(

Put their prices up.....they will either cancel or accept and if they accept they become less hard work ;D ;D

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:13 pm »

Big New Year increases in the pipeline for some of 'em ;D

jampot

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:38:47 pm »
Richy  Leeksons ive heard of pm contracts, they do some work down by me in bridgend, they boast that they have over 7000 domestic customers  ??? ???
they havent taken any of my work  ;D

magic1

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:07 pm »
i know of pm. leaflet drop areas i do every 2 years. got a website. www.pmcontractcleaning.co.uk/comm-clean.htm 

based out of blackwood. never lost a customer to them. they do do a crap job sum times. gained a couple of them.

tie there customers into a 12 month contract. heard a story where sum 1 moved and they chased them thru a debt company to pay up   remainder of contract. could be just a begrudged customer mouthing of though.

Richy L

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:51:26 pm »
the only customers i have lost are the type that will do anything to get it cheaper.
I know they have offered to clean windows for 25p less than my clean!! ::)
They've got a bad name around my working area

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 07:56:17 pm »
Apparently this lot work out of Farnborough and are part of the Bin Cleaning Co.
Upset quite A LOT of window cleaners in the area with this daft underpricing lark. Also members of the FWC looking at their leaflet which isn't very ethical for a 'pro set up.'

Anyone heard of The Professional Window Cleaning Co around North Hants/Surrey?
Just lost a customer to them who was paying £25 for large house and extremely large conservatory to them. Apparently this lot are going to do all this plus the roof panels (which should take a minimum of 2 hours alone) for the grand price of £25.