This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jamie007

Im starting up but need some help pls
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:28 am »
Hiya Im based in Hampton near Kingston and am looking to start up in window cleaning very shortly using i was a hoping a backpack with wfps.

Can anyone offer me a training maybe a day or two out with them show me the way to traditionally clean windows.

Cheers

Jon-scwindows

Re: Im starting up but need some help pls
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:54:11 am »
a backpack alone with wfp will not be sufficient, youl be endlessly filling it up again and again, and it will take forever. You need a complete system with a tank in your vehicle. Do you have any equipment yet?

practice on your own house and look at the results, keep practicing with the squeegee etc, and youl pick it up quickly.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »
a backpack alone with wfp will not be sufficient

Who says it isnt, I use a van mount but Jeff Brimble and the LWC both use backpacks, both are succesful with their businesses. There are no set rules as to what is sufficent or not. Myself I like my vanmount but would like to add a trolley or backpack to supliment my system. The most ideal way of using a backpack is having a large tank in your van and a sub pump to pump the water in but that sort of defeats the object because you might as well have a vanmount instead. Some people are finding backpacks much quicker than their vanmounts, take the LWC for instance, he has a full vanmount but now only uses a backpack!!! Myself, I would suggest going vanmount first!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 01:34:40 pm »
hi , if you want a look first hand i,m in tunbridge wells , not a million miles from you give me a call 07791964204 alan

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 02:41:30 pm »
a backpack alone with wfp will not be sufficient, youl be endlessly filling it up again and again, and it will take forever. You need a complete system with a tank in your vehicle. Do you have any equipment yet?

practice on your own house and look at the results, keep practicing with the squeegee etc, and youl pick it up quickly.

That's simply not correct. I service about 200 customers monthly with only a backpack. It isn't perfect but does the job. Don't forget, it is an easy and cheap way to get started. If, down the line, he decides he needs a van system at least by then he will have the custom to afford the setup.

Richy L

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 04:06:57 pm »
i use a backpack for all my wfp. I have a static sytem too now, but i havnt got around to setting it up. theres no need the backpack has more advantages in my opinion

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:05:43 pm »
You can certainly use a backpack to get started. If in time you outgrow it, well thats all to the good.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:17:11 pm »
i didnt realise so many of you use backpacks for most work... i simply thought it would be awkward filling up all the time, and carrying it on your back- 12.5 kilos or so of water...

your choice

Stevie G

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:47 pm »
i dont think that many us carry them on our backs jonrob.

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:56:35 pm »
i hardly ever carry it on my back.

... i find its easier than a static with a long hose as theres nothing to get caught on things
... and for commercial its safer - no hoses to trip over.
... you dont have to park outside every job, which can be difficult sometimes.

ok so you have to fill it up now and again, but when you get used to it, you know when to fill up so you waste as little amount of time as possible.

We may be wasting time filling up all the time, but we dont have to worry about reeling in our hose pipe all the time either!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 06:01:55 pm »
i hardly ever carry it on my back.

... i find its easier than a static with a long hose as theres nothing to get caught on things
... and for commercial its safer - no hoses to trip over.
... you dont have to park outside every job, which can be difficult sometimes.

ok so you have to fill it up now and again, but when you get used to it, you know when to fill up so you waste as little amount of time as possible.

We may be wasting time filling up all the time, but we dont have to worry about reeling in our hose pipe all the time either!
I am guessing you are talking about a backpack here, for commercial work for a shop window maybe ok, do a big commercial job say over three hours straight a pack pack is a waste of time.

Back packs are good for smallest of jobs (sry they are made for sraying weedkiller ect), van mounts are made for big jobs, trolloys are for small jobs.

To the person that started the post, a pack pack is a good way to test out wfp as it is the cheapest option, if money if no object then a van mount is top of the league  ;)

pingu

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
I have to admit, I have a van mount, trolly and backpack and they all have their place as does the trad gear....the right tool for the job....

Start with a back pack....of course you can .... but in time I would guess that you will find a van mount will be helpfull.

Dave.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 06:18:37 pm »
I have a trolley system and am well chuffed with it.
Now my round has grown I am finding that storage of water is a prob.

A van mount is the next step.

As you get quicker you can do more work in a day hence more water needed.

To start I found I could carry all the water needed. I did not go down the back pack route
as I knew that a van mount would be my next move. I can use the trolley system instead of
purchasing a new pump, controller etc.