This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: i hate ladders
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 04:42:23 pm »

So what will you do when wfp gets banned in the spring?
Simon are you wfp or trad ?

And can you tell me where you got the facts about wfp being banned in spring.

Relax I'm having a laugh...bit like when the wfp guys were banging on about ladders being banned last summer.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »
Patios are so slippery this time of year - I will never clean windows from a ladder again. And I certainly wouldn't ask an employee to do so either.

WFP banned in spring? Not round here me old China!

It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 04:46:39 pm »

Relax I'm having a laugh...bit like when the wfp guys were banging on about ladders being banned last summer.
I am guessing your trad then m8, good on you if your getting your own back, I heard that ladders where getting banned a few years ago when wfp was up and coming (I recon that was started by a supplier)

I did get told by a customer the other day that she was please that I am now wfp as the ban on ladders coming in on march or april meant I could not clean her windows anymore, now I have not heard this, but she upped my price and said thank you, who am I to tell her different.

simon knight

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 04:53:13 pm »

I am guessing your trad then m8, good on you if your getting your own back, I heard that ladders where getting banned a few years ago when wfp was up and coming (I recon that was started by a supplier)

I did get told by a customer the other day that she was please that I am now wfp as the ban on ladders coming in on march or april meant I could not clean her windows anymore, now I have not heard this, but she upped my price and said thank you, who am I to tell her different.

I'm trad because where i work wfp isn't an option....believe me if it was I'd switch over tomorrow.

Anyway wfp ain't gonna be banned and neither are ladders.

I don't know why people start these silly rumours...as we didn't have enough to worry about.

eddie d

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 04:56:57 pm »
i heard that a ban is imminent

Pole2pole

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04:06 pm »
Simon.....If WFP goes, i go.........Sell up and ship out.......to another area where WFP is still allowed  ;D

simon knight

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 05:09:48 pm »
Simon.....If WFP goes, i go.........Sell up and ship out.......to another area where WFP is still allowed  ;D

I don't know how many wfpers there are nationwide but it must run into many 10s of thousands...they're not gonna want all these w/cs signing onto the old rock and roll. Besides the wfp manufacturers will grease the right palms if the water companies start making threatening noises ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 05:30:38 pm »
i wasnt there but got told the ground was a bit wet. thats all i know.

As a responsible employer you should have gone and inspected the accident site as soon as possible after the incident.  If there is a claim or an inquiry, someone is going to want to know what action you took afterward.

Not only that, you could take photographs to use as warnings when training other employees.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 09:03:57 pm »
hi ian,
 No offence but i was more concered getting to hospital to see him than going to inspect where he fell off. maybe wrong of me.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 09:06:26 pm »
i heard that a ban is imminent
Where did you here this ? was it in a pub from a trad cleaner ?

If not please feel free to let us all have the website address so we can all have a look

Ian W

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 09:36:31 pm »
Crystal Clear, I know what you mean. Your concern is for the immediate welfare of your employee.
However, being the target of some bureaucrats (not in window cleaning, some voluntary work) I now detest them. Face to face they seemed quite satisfied, after they had left they produced a report that nearly had the place closed down. We held on by the skin of our teeth...
Just beware, because they make judgements without good reason IMHO, and they may become involved in this unfortunate incident.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

poleman

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 11:12:52 pm »
I hope your employee gets well soon

Not sure if you are aware of RIDDOR!

Andy

Jago

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 10:14:00 am »
Crystal,
How is the Lad getting on?