This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Re: Gaining Customers?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »
I have picked up loads of work in the past few weeks from door knocking, leafletting (weekends) and phone calls......this is a good way to get customers at \this time of year. Just open the phone book and start from a, 2 hours evry evening 6-8pm and believe me , you will have plenty of customers/quotes and referrals to keep you going til the spring.

Make sure you are on one of those phone tarriffs that gives you free calls after 6pm

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 05:23:15 pm »
Another way is to ask your customers if any of their friends need a good window cleaner. We have picked up a fair bit with referrals.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 08:13:07 pm »
hi matt , what do you say on the phone to potential custies , i usually door knock but have often wondered how it would work with telesales cheers alan

Hello Alan ,

Just say " Hello this is alan calling from a window CLEANING company called(name of your company) just calling to see if you need a w/c. If yes take their address and go and quote at the weekend , if you do it every night of the week you should have a list of quotes to do on a sat/sun.
Even though this is very much a scatter gun approach i have found it to be really successful , when you get a bite canvass the rest of the road ;D

jimbowash

Re: Gaining new customers at this time of year?
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 06:59:22 pm »
Hi All.

Jim here. I get customers all year round, even in winter. I find that the wording on the leaflet you drop through doors has a big impact on whether you get customers or not. Make the invitation seem urgent that they ring you right away-it works. If I run low on work I usually find guttercleaning goes down well in winter. I'm currently writeing a manual on the subject.
Every success
Jim :-X

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 07:03:24 pm »
Hi All.

Jim here. I get customers all year round, even in winter. I find that the wording on the leaflet you drop through doors has a big impact on whether you get customers or not. Make the invitation seem urgent that they ring you right away-it works. If I run low on work I usually find guttercleaning goes down well in winter. I'm currently writeing a manual on the subject.Every success
Jim :-X
??????????

Dale Smith

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 07:22:11 pm »
I have tried both, and the door knocking is much more succesful. We are picking up about 3/4 a day at the moment, and quoting a number of others which hopefully will contact us in Jan.
Leaflets are worth doing, but following it up with door knocking works a treat.
Swindon, Wiltshire.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 07:27:41 pm »
Leaflets work best if you can find an estate that doesn't have a window cleaner or a very bad one and then post the leaflets through on a really sunny Saturday or Sunday late afternoon when the winter sun is highlighting the dirty windows.  You do get more from door knocking though.

Simon.
agree that sat, sunday late morning early afternoon is best time to leaflet, giving the letter box a little extra help closing so they come to the door for the leaflet.

Ian

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 07:59:35 pm »
i found that local shops  are a great place to put up a leaflet you know newsagents hairdressers etc. one leaflet goes a long way worked a treat for me got to the point that i had to go back and ask for them to be taken down in some areas

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 09:29:05 pm »
i posted about 600 flyers today- took all day - lets see what happens

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 03:00:14 am »
I used to door knock but you never know if the side gate is padlocked when you do that (obviously you can't try it before you knock).  So I drop leaflets instead these days.  On the back of the leaflet I have the following:-

r  we acknowledge that a good, reliable customer
deserves a quality, reliable service. Some
customers have been with us since the early
1990s. Let our record speak for itself.
 the cleaning would normally take place at
approximately six weekly intervals
 there would need to be reasonable access
around the outside of the property without
needing to make an appointment
 it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that
payment is made within fourteen days of the
clean as we do not return to make doorstep
collections
 in order to supply the service in a reliable
manner, it is sometimes necessary to clean in
inclement weather
 we take our responsibilities seriously and
endeavour to work in a manner that is safe for
both ourselves, the customer, and the public.
We also carry a public liability insurance
policy in the unlikely event that a problem
occurs.

The "r"s are bullet points on the flyer but it hasn't translated very well onto here.  Note the third item down regarding access.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 07:29:38 pm »
Couldn't you sleep Shiner?
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 10:53:05 pm »
Couldn't you sleep Shiner?

Woke up really early.  Pottered around for an hour or so.  Went back to sleep OK afterwards though.  I find my sleep pattern can be quite erratic when I'm under stress - which I have been lately.  It settles down again when I'm more relaxed.

xxmattyxx

Re: Gaining new customers at this time of year? New
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 09:45:15 am »

The "r"s are bullet points on the flyer but it hasn't translated very well onto here.  Note the third item down regarding access.

Oh, right I see, I fort u woz troin to zound wezt counttree loike  ;D

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 05:28:28 pm »
i posted about 600 flyers today- took all day - lets see what happens

1 new customer so far through posting these flyers in 2 days - they used my flyer by going through my website to get a quote.