This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kwackers

Gaining new customers at this time of year?
« on: November 28, 2007, 06:08:08 pm »
Hello,

Just wondered what peoples experiences are this time of year.

I've done a couple of Leaflet drops that i didn't really get much from to be honest, so thinking of laying off it untill end of january.

I've got a part time job to cover expenses etc.

Thanks

Kev R

Re: Gaining Customers?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:26:55 pm »
The phone is dead, the weather is bad, not much hope of new custom until march in my experience. People have more pressing financial pressures like xmas and then In January/ february paying back the credit card. When the sun sits low in the sky at he end of march/april then they will notice the state their windows are in and then the phone will ring and of course canvassing is more than worth it.  Thats for residential work commercial work seems to come whenever no rhyme or reason.

Thats my experience of course.  ;)

pingu

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:32:34 pm »
Leaflets and canvassing can be done anytime of year.....IMHO.....I will be out tommorow putting out leaflets...aprox 200...

The thing about leaflets is that you never know who or when they will call...

Leaflets\word of mouth have brought me 104 new customers this year alone (I do not canvass)...I suppose the quick answer is ...leaflet and canvass all year long.

Dave.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:38:41 pm »
we still put them out aswell at this time of year I pick up loads of new work,

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43:44 pm »
Delivered 200 leaflets last week, cos the weather was too cold to be out...

Got 4 new customers and have had another 5 call me from word of mouth in the past week.

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:47:33 pm »
In my experience there are customers out there all year round!

Doorknock, don't just leaflet!

Andy

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 06:49:11 pm »
In my experience there are customers out there all year round!

Doorknock, don't just leaflet!

Andy
Andy I do very well from leaflet alone, dont have time to doorknock

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »
Andy I do very well from leaflet alone, dont have time to doorknock

We probably all have our favourite methods... I built my entire round by doorknocking.

Andy

nat

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:19 pm »
door knocking is definatly the quickest way to build up but i always have a steady trickle of work coming in from other various media.

always found it ok this time of year for canvassing just becareful of the one off clean brigade just before christmas ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 07:05:35 pm »
I also think door knocking is the quickest way to get custom (not always good custom) leaflets are slower than doorknocking but gives good results IMO.

I also get work from my websites, word of mouth ect etc.

Xmas brigade always get charged more this time of year regardless if I think they will cancel after christmas or not, if people do not pay the premium at this time of year they can wait 5 weeks and pay standard rates I do give them the choice, either way is fine with me.

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 07:20:39 pm »
Last year when I hadn't long started I was putting out leaflets  this time of year and got these new customers
Oct   19 new
Nov  18 new
Dec    9 new
Jan   17 new
Feb   14 new

Just around the Christmas week it dried up a bit but this was leaflets only, if you knock then you'll certainly get more but I prefered to just leaflet, don't even leaflet now and they still come in.

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 10:45:39 pm »
i'm in my 4th year and the winter time has seemed the best time each year for me to pick up new work.
I do probably get more work the rest of year but the winter customers have been dedicated and better quality jobs.

Mr.G

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 01:15:22 am »
I've always found december's the worst time for new customers, I'd wait till january if I was you, otherwise you'll have to go back and target the same people again...

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 08:35:54 am »
Leaflets work best if you can find an estate that doesn't have a window cleaner or a very bad one and then post the leaflets through on a really sunny Saturday or Sunday late afternoon when the winter sun is highlighting the dirty windows.  You do get more from door knocking though.

Simon.

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 09:54:16 am »
You never know how things will go with leaflets. Thats why I prefer them to door knocking. You can deliver a load of leaflets now and get a response weeks, months or even years later.
The best approach with leaflets is to deliver constantly a certain number every week say 250 or 300 and just keep banging away week after week. Don't worry about results, that will come.
Leaflets don't have to be flashy of expensive. I think they are better if they are not.

I find with door knocking you get more customers who say yes initially but a lot of them are air heads who lose interest or lack the commitment or the money and mess you about later.

geefree

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:32:46 am »
doing pretty good at this time of year with leaflets, as all the dole boys shiver and hibernate until spring, so i get and keep all their customers.  ;D

Rogue Trader

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:43:27 am »
I have picked up loads of work in the past few weeks from door knocking, leafletting (weekends) and phone calls......this is a good way to get customers at \this time of year. Just open the phone book and start from a, 2 hours evry evening 6-8pm and believe me , you will have plenty of customers/quotes and referrals to keep you going til the spring.

MSTAV

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:14 am »
lol gazza

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 11:47:01 am »
just put out about 30 flyers without canvassing around my road this morning and got 1 so far- the guys says he doesnt know what to get his mother as a present, so he wants me to do her windows for a year or so.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:25:50 pm »
hi matt , what do you say on the phone to potential custies , i usually door knock but have often wondered how it would work with telesales cheers alan