This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

ro prob
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:47:47 pm »
just been out to my storage tank and it only has a few liters in it i put the ro on about 6pm last night and there is only about 10 liters in it is there a prob with my ro as it worked fine last week its a 100 gpd with di atached to it any advise guys

LWC

Re: ro prob
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52:21 pm »
have you changed or moved aything?

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »
have you changed or moved aything?
no nothink only put a sub pump in the tank put have changed nothink on the ro or di or moved it i just looked again and my sub pump is not even covered with pure water yet and its been on for 24 hours it usualy produces 250 liters in this time am running desperate only 125 liters left in van help

LWC

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:38:52 pm »
take the pipe off your ro to the DI is it still coming out at a good rate?

tonylee

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:44:55 pm »
hi
i had the same problem last year. one of my pre-filters was blocking and had to be replaced. this said the tds did shoot up with the lack of production water
tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:56:56 pm »
yes same as usual

m.b.s.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 04:57:37 pm »
hi
i had the same problem last year. one of my pre-filters was blocking and had to be replaced. this said the tds did shoot up with the lack of production water
tony
pre filters seam fine as preasure is good at membrain

LWC

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »
yes same as usual

it should be a real good rate coming out other end but i suppose you know that.

how long is the pipe from membrane to tank?

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 05:05:18 pm »
yes same as usual

it should be a real good rate coming out other end but i suppose you know that.

how long is the pipe from membrane to tank?
about 1 meter

LWC

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:43 pm »
hmmm, im just going through the things i went through last month as i had the same thing. in the end i had a massive airlock in the membranes

but your saying the pressure is still good after the membranes? so im clueless sorry

looks like new membrane perhaps? how old is it?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:42 pm »
My immediate thought is that you have a blockage somewhere in your RO System.  The only way to check for this is to check it methodically, removing one item after the other. 

Another thought that comes to mind is that you have a leak in your holding tank?

m.b.s.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 05:14:50 pm »
My immediate thought is that you have a blockage somewhere in your RO System.  The only way to check for this is to check it methodically, removing one item after the other. 

Another thought that comes to mind is that you have a leak in your holding tank?
i thought i had a leak but no water any were near it
it hasent been cold enought on a night to freez the di cylinder up as it an taken all day to though out  as it i have one of those it looks like a membrain holder di cylinders

rah

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 06:45:31 pm »
Have you back flushed the system recently?

I have only once had this problem and it turned out that a good back flushing cleared everything.

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 07:06:59 pm »
yes same as usual

If processed water is still coming out of the membrane at the same rate as usual, but the tank is not filling up, then there must be a blockage in the DI stopping the water getting through.  The only other possibility is a grain of DI resin has found its way to the inlet fitting in the skin of the holding tank and is blocking the water from entering the tank.  I had this happen once, but when I took the pipe off the DI cylinder the pressure blew the fitting apart, so there was no doubt I had a blockage before the tank.

m.b.s.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 08:11:39 pm »
just had the ro to pices couldent find any thing also cleaned the di cylinder and replaced it with new resin also blow through the pipe to the tank and all seams fine water is coming out in to the tank now see what happens in the morning managed to get about 40 liters out of the tank so all in all i have 165 liters of water in my van for work tommorrow looks like i will be finishing early or just do the tops wfp

LWC

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:48:35 pm »
or just do the tops wfp

i beg your pardon!

m.b.s.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
or just do the tops wfp

i beg your pardon!
well looks like an early day then thats what i thought ;D
i guess you wouldent do tops only then lwc

LWC

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 09:06:39 pm »
i used to do half and half with someone over a year ago

ridiculous way of working...in my opinion

and then your customers will be like, oh i liked it when you did it the "proper" way last month, can you do it this month

m.b.s.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 09:10:19 pm »
i used to do half and half with someone over a year ago

ridiculous way of working...in my opinion

and then your customers will be like, oh i liked it when you did it the "proper" way last month, can you do it this month
yes your right early day then ;)

m.b.s.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 08:30:41 pm »
i have been out and checked it has produced only 100 liters of water in 24 hours it usually produces 250 liters in this time. what now??? good job i dont need it in the morning as i am doing my weekly shop round and its all trad