This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev R

One man - Two hoses - Time saver?
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:57:45 pm »
Prior to Monday I worked from one microbore hose set up in the rear of my van. Then I had  two microbore hose reels set on Monday. I always have had two reels but never set up to work at the same time except for on commercial jobs where I removed them from the van first and then connected them up.

I have been doing a round of fairly large detached houses today. This round usually starts at 9am and Im finished by about 2pm. I always get a bit frustrated at pulling the hoses from front to rear and back again on these houses due to lots of steps and obstacles to snag on.
Well today I did things differently, I pulled one hose around the back of each property and one to the front. I did the tops on the rear disconnected and the walked to the front (no hose to drag or snag) the I did the tops on the front, disconnect then back to the bottoms at the rear of the properties. I then pulled the hose back towards the van, disconnected the did the front bottom windows then reeled away both hoses.

I finished the round at 1 pm. So some how I saved an hour. I didn't feel I was working faster and nothing was different except I was less stressed, (same houses) etc.

Does using two hoses save time? Has anybody had a similar experience?

trevor perry

Re: One man - Two hoses - Time saver?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:25:26 pm »
it obviously worked for you , but my thoughts would be that winding two hoses out would be more hassle and take longer but i may be wrong, just a thought wouldnt it be easier to have a joint in the middle of the one hose and just split the one hose where needed and fix pole to the split end, hope that makes sense.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Kev R

Re: One man - Two hoses - Time saver?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »
When thinking about it. I could not see it saving any time at all, but for some reason I has, I am surprised it has to be said.