This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: for those of you looking to employ
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 05:54:05 pm »
I sacked a guy on Christmas eve  ::)
I take a view if you think you can get away with taking the p out of me think again, this certain person overstepped the mark, I am a fair boss, I show respect and they should show it back. be disrepectful and I to will be the same if not worse.

This guy owes you an apology.

He did overstep the mark and yes an apology would have been nice. We feel we are fair (probably too fair at times) and the reason he hasn't been given marching orders today is that this is out of character. If this was a regular occurence we wouldn't stand for it and he would have been long gone, as it is he has blotted his copybook now and spoilt it for himself.
Even if you are the hardest of the hard, sacking someone before Xmas, is not nice, but if it has to be done so be it  >:(
I didnt want to sack the person, then laying in bed telling his mum to tell me to go away (which I could hear IMO is taking the P---, I gave his mum his wages for the whole week. (he didnt work xmas eve but still paid him for it) that was it. I moved on, had a cracking day aswell that day  ;)

Helen

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 06:02:09 pm »
Off to pour the first brandy of the evening and forget about the issues of the day! As I said don't be put off by this if you want to employ, it is just an example of what can happen. We have faced far worse than this (won't go into this) and come out the other side laughing ;D ;D ;D
No doubt we will be laughing (hic hic) later ;)

stevekennedy

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 10:35:48 am »
Maybe the problem here is the 24k.

He thinks he is indispensible.

As my dad always said,

"the graveyards are full of indispensible people"

I would have suspended him for the day, take it out of his bonus and have a chat about his future the next morning. His attitude next day would decide whether he stays or goes. If the other guys see him getting away wioth that kind of stuff, they will soon lose respect too. You are the boss, they are the worker. If they forget their place then that is a problem IMO

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 10:37:58 am »

As my dad always said,

I would have suspended him for the day, take it out of his bonus and have a chat about his future the next morning. His attitude next day would decide whether he stays or goes. If the other guys see him getting away wioth that kind of stuff, they will soon lose respect too. You are the boss, they are the worker. If they forget their place then that is a problem IMO
Oh so true that one  ;)

Helen

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 01:50:13 pm »

As my dad always said,

I know what you are saying, but the £24k is not a straight wage.....it is made up of hourly rate and incentives. So the incentives are there to be lost!!! AS i said before this was out of character for this guy and that is why he still has a job, this morning he is still quiet, but should he act in this way ever again he will not survive with us! As for the other guys we schedule so that not everyone works with someone every day, so they either single man or double man, so that no one gets complacent or whatever. He was single manning, but should he have been in a 2 man team, and this had happened in front of someone else, he would not have been allowed to continue the days schedule to his own detrement ;)

eddie d

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 02:37:05 pm »
helen /how many wc do you employ ?

Helen

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 03:32:18 pm »
helen /how many wc do you employ ?

Initial gut reaction to that  question is too many ;D ;D

3 of the little pampered darlings ;D

supernova77

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 04:24:59 pm »
Helen,

Could you please email me (andy@scs.uk.com)... Just wanted to ask you a couple of quesions off forum?

Thanks,
Andy

Helen

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 06:21:19 pm »
Helen,

Could you please email me (andy@scs.uk.com)... Just wanted to ask you a couple of quesions off forum?

Thanks,
Andy

you have mail