This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev R

How much?
« on: November 26, 2007, 08:04:24 pm »
Ok these lovely people would like a quarterly clean outside and a twice yearly clean inside

All the small windows inside are all secondary double glazed internally but the panels are quick and easy to remove

The first picture of the front includes the glass stair way on the left but not the one on the right as this is the next door business.

There is a rear to the building which is Identical to the side but without the front glass stairway.

How much would you charge?

(Its also 30 mins from my nearest job)

davids3511

Re: How much?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:30 pm »
I don't see any pictures ???

Kev R

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:32:57 pm »
Sorry should be there now

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:08 pm »
I would reckon about 35quid
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

alanwilson

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:31 pm »
sorry 35 for the outside and 50 for the inside.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:56 pm »
£35 LOL,what then off down the pub. ;D ;D ;D ;D

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 10:25:47 pm »
I clean 4 blocks identical to this, takes 30-40mins per block.

Thats what I charge, takes me approx 2.5hrs to do the lot (outsides) for £120. As it is commercial you can start at 6am and easily have it done before 9.

NWH don't compare me to the beer brigade - I work hard, make good money and if you reckon its more than £35 then fair play to you but either you are expensive and/or very slow.

BTW the insides take me on average 6 to 7 hrs (I book the 4 lots in together), so for a max of 9hrs work I'm making £320

Thats not bad money.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 10:32:05 pm »
That`s cheap anywhere in the country,i couldn`t do it for that.

alanwilson

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37:42 pm »
so you couldn't do a days work for £320??

seriously, thats as much as most people make in a week!

How could you not work for that?

Can you honestly tell me you earn more than that every day?

Kev R

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 10:47:37 pm »
£50 for the insides and they are secondary double glazed?

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 10:48:13 pm »
No i`m saying that, the job in the picture above is worth more than £35 allday long,i don`t know anyone that would do it for that.If you have 4 jobs like that in the same area then that`s all well and good but i don`t price work like that,i price jobs on there individual value not just because i have 1 similar round the corner.Pricing work like that i`ve found in the past is bad business,it sounds like your working on numbers of jobs,i work on quality jobs and less of them why run when you can walk and earn more.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 10:49:23 pm »
And on top of that it`s only quarterly. ::) ::) ::) ::)

alanwilson

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:59:39 pm »
fair point about them being quarterly, I do them every 2 months - I price by the job, what the job is worth, £35 for half an hours work, can't ask any more than that.  As regards quality of job, I check up on my work from time to time, always spotless.  I never use water above 001ppm and use a high flow rate (about 3ltr/min). 

If I could get more than £35 for each of them I would certainly charge it but I know for a fact that I can't, I have seen quotes from other wc's and some of them were lower.

I am fairly fast though, I would normally average £240 a day on domestic (charging £6 for 3 bed semi's as a guide).

Richy L

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 11:06:25 pm »
i wouldnt do all this for £80!!

If its secondry glazing for the little windows it'll take longer to do than it seems and a lot of faffing around with the panes!
The Stairwell inside would take a long time too and it would be awkward.
Where do you clean alanwilson? ....   because I hope its not by me with those prices or I'll be out of business!

Kev R

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 11:12:38 pm »
i wouldnt do all this for £80!!

If its secondry glazing for the little windows it'll take longer to do than it seems and a lot of faffing around with the panes!
The Stairwell inside would take a long time too and it would be awkward.
Where do you clean alanwilson? ....   because I hope its not by me with those prices or I'll be out of business!

I agree with you about the secondary double glazing and the stairs. What would you charge for the job please

alanwilson

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:35 pm »
I'm in Glasgow.

Richy L

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 11:23:21 pm »
i would say about £70 for the outs,
and £200 for in and out.

with the secondry glazing you actually have, in effect, four panes of glass for every window in and out. and the stairs are tricky. I would say you can make a good job of it and it should take about 3/4 of a day. being as your travelling 30mins each way as well.

You have to make it worth your while or there's no point in doing it.
What do you think about those prices? do you have a price in mind?

Kev R

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 12:07:50 am »
Dont really have a price in mind. Confused about the time it will take to do the secondary double glazing. I was thinking about £130-£150 for inside and out as I was thinking about 4 hours but I maybe wrong with the time. Outside  £70 about right to do a really good job. 

Thanks for the advise Ritchie

Kev

gary evans

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 05:52:14 am »
Kev

I cant understand what parts your are showing.(i do a lot of similar buildings)

Your first picture shows 2 rows of stairwell glass, you say not the large left hand one, but, your side picture is of the one you say is not included. Then you say the back is same as the side ,which it cant be, otherwise there would be another complete stairwell.

I think you have got your pictures & info mixed up.

Also Alan Wilson is very correct in his pricing for these buildings, i am of a very similar price if the info was correct. Some prices on here are ridiculous, if true then i better start travelling to richer areas.

By me they could be done for as low as £20 - £25. I am not joking, i am looked on to be to dear compared to some, One company i tendered against at 25p per window to see what happened & guess what i didnt get any.

Gary

Ian_Giles

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:13:22 am »
Kev

By me they could be done for as low as £20 - £25. I am not joking, i am looked on to be to dear compared to some, One company i tendered against at 25p per window to see what happened & guess what i didnt get any.

Gary

25p a window??? I was charging that 25 years ago :o Honestly, that was my starting point when I first began.

I care not a jot for those that are stupid enough and totally lacking in business savvy to go in at ridiculously low prices (not a dig at you Gary, I do understand the point you are making, more a point at those you priced against)

My own price would be somewhere around £40-45 for the outside, and only that because I am WFP.
Inside difficult to judge without being there, can a small ladder with safety devices be used? Would it have to be done with trad & pole?

The secondary double glazing part is easy enough to work out...providing you can easily remove the glazing, and after a few years that is never guaranteed, then the inside for me is 4 times the cost you would normally charge for an internal window.
It's it's 3 sides, not one (of course) and you also have to allow for taking out, turning to clean each side and putting them back in.

So depending on how difficult it would be to get that stairwell done My price for the inside would be approx twice what I would charge for the outside.

Total price would possibly be around the £140 mark.

Time wise the outside (done WFP) would be 30 minutes or so (on a repeat clean that is) and off a ladder a darn sight longer.
And yes, I would absolutely expect to be able to earn £45 in 30 minutes  on commercial offices like these, at a minimum to be honest.

If whoever is concerned with getting prices in at those offices wants to get lots of quotes in and chose the cheapest, then it will get done for pennies, because there is always someone out there that will do it cheaper than the last person.
Don't get drawn into seeing how cheap you can do it.

Imagine you are still working off ladders and price accordingly.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES