This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rcs cleaning

backpack battery?
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:36:39 pm »
Not sure if have correct voltage on my backpack battery.  Seems to cut out after an hour and a half of use.  Charge it every night.  Is this the correct voltage?  12v7.6ah?  Anyone else had this problem?

jouk45

Re: backpack battery?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:20 pm »
yes its the correct voltage, how long do you leave it on charge for. also is it new, could be many things,

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 11:30:42 pm »
I found the standard charger that came with the backpack was killing my batteries. I went through two before I bought a decent charger in Argos. No problems since then.

rcs cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:04 pm »
charge is most nights, right through till morn.
will try the new charger

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:51:48 pm »
I found the standard charger that came with the backpack was killing my batteries. I went through two before I bought a decent charger in Argos. No problems since then.

Ditto ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Spursboy1972

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 07:23:37 pm »
I have had no problem with the charger or the battery. Will buy a spare battery at some point though.

One thing I could do wth knowing and that is if there is a hidden filter inside the back pack. I have never filtered the water going into it and wondered if there is something I can clean out. Esp as this is best tool I have in my van.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 04:53:26 pm »
RCS,

I suspect your battery is 'knocking on a bit'; mine need replacing every 6 to 8 months.  I've also never experienced any problem with the charger that was supplied with the UK backpack (the one with the light that turns from red to green when the battery is charged.

Tony,

With regards to your filter question, the UK backpack should be supplied with a filter that fits in the opening, where you pour the water in.  The US e-bay backpacks don't.

If you haven't got one, I believe you used to be able to buy the filter from the Window Cleaning Warehouse (you'll find it on the internet).