This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

Yellow pages any good?
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:31:56 pm »
keep getting hasselled by yellow pages to have an advert since i went onto yell.com what are your views on it. I want to pick up some more large domestic and maybe some commercial is it worth the £150-£200??????

Moderator David@stives

Re: Yellow pages any good?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
£150 - £200 mine is £1500

was going to be £4k but had a change of heart at the last moment

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:17:26 pm »
My add is about £200 and i get a steady trickle of work from it not fantastic but ok and it pays for itself over the year

Dean

Ravensford

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:51 pm »
Yellow pages any good?

No!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:12 pm »
keep getting hasselled by yellow pages to have an advert since i went onto yell.com what are your views on it. I want to pick up some more large domestic and maybe some commercial is it worth the £150-£200??????
smae advert with a webiste address on it is the best option unless you have money to burn

eddie d

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:35:37 pm »
imo its worth a punt .i have an add every year and always get a return .
and if your not in it you have no chance .

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08:01 pm »
smae advert with a webiste address on it is the best option unless you have money to burn

Window Washers grammar spelling is getting worse. Perhaps the 100 hour week trying to build his empire is getting too much for him. A few more hours kip perhaps ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 10:34:47 pm »
I've found YP reasaonably OK for the bits of work I get from it.  Not fantastic but more than pays for the ad.  I'm getting a bigger one next year and hope to get a bigger return from it.  The problem I have is that I can't be sure if I would have got the same return with a one line freebie.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:21 pm »
Hi All,

I paid £360 for a year 2 years ago and got 1 job from it ???

I now only have the free line, got several jobs from that ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

eddie d

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:02:31 am »
yes thats true.a m8 of mine also has a free add and often gwts the same calls as me on domestic .however i tend to get the comercial calls where he doesnt.

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 08:44:48 am »

Window Washers grammar spelling is getting worse. Perhaps the 100 hour week trying to build his empire is getting too much for him. A few more hours kip perhaps ;D
To Much for me "Never" Need more sleep for sure  ;)
Maybe you can be my English teacher Wayne Thomas  ;)

007 or what

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:18:46 pm »
Decided to take an out £700  :o
Was really worried it wasnt going to bring me anymore work, But in 4 days it had paid for itself I've got £600 worth of work to do before 22nd of dec, plus all my other work as well ;D  ;D
Wish i'd done this 18months ago  ;D

cvdewsbury

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:21 pm »
all depends on which area you advertise in and how many other w/c,s advertise initially mine paid for the advertisement later i wasn,t getting business from it at all so stopped it....i,d say theres more than 3 times the no of cleaners advertising than there was 10 yrs ago..wakefield book

007 or what

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 08:45:05 pm »
I agree but most of it is for comercial

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 09:01:07 pm »
if you are doing an advert in YP you have to make it stand out, to stand out it costs money. If anyone goes in yp please just make sure you have a website address on it, we are in 2007 not the 90's anymore.

I am not trying to sell sites here just stating a fact that some many forget, pick up a yp and look for yourself, i dont have one as it goes staight in the bin, the reason being it takes to long to look at to find what you want and Intenet is far quicker.

colley614

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 10:06:48 pm »
I paid £200ish for mine 2 color, half business card size. However last years book had a few other window cleaners and this years has something near 11 companies full color double the size of mine. :(

I doubt I will get any work from this one, but who know?

Stevie G

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 05:20:21 pm »
ian everyone's got a yellow pages handy, plenty havent  got access to the net.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 05:26:53 pm »
If i want something , i normally ask someone failing that i pick up the yellow pages.

I have never used the net to find a service, i have bought loads of goods but never a service. 

You have to think what would you do if you wanted to find a gardener or cleaner etc, how did you look for a window cleaner before you was one yourself, chances are you used the guy who cleaned most of the street.

Most of my commercial was gained through being in the right place at the right time.

Dave

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 05:46:43 pm »
ian everyone's got a yellow pages handy, plenty havent  got access to the net.

I do agree with you a little bit on that, but not everyone has a yellow pages but plenty that have internet   ;)