This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

pressure problems
« on: November 26, 2007, 06:26:16 pm »
hi guys iv put this post on here a week ago took the advice but no joy.
the problem is iv screwed my hose reel on top of my water tank and now it takes a long time for the water to flow as i want it to.
I know the problem is on the pump hose going to the DI bottle it seems to air lock(i know this because if you disconnect the hose,run the pump until water is there reconnect no problems).

So any idears on how to get by this??
please help as i get wet if i keep takeing the hose off :P.

cheers joe

Londoner

Re: pressure problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:32:49 pm »
I take it you can't just move something? Air always rises to the highest point so it might be an idea to create a deliberate high spot and put a tap there so you can bleed off the air.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:17:21 pm »
If you are using Hoselock fittings can you put one with an end stop in it? It looks similar to an ordinary one but has a one way valve in it that would stop your water syphoning back to the tank.

peekeclean

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:19:47 pm »
hi dave the end stop only works when disconnected to stop water flow.

thanks joe

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:27:11 pm »
take the di out of the van, di it as you fill up, saves loads of hassle

Davew

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:28:17 pm »
Is the air lock in your strainer? I've seen one guy on here with his reels mounted on the roof - don't know if he got trouble. Are you pumping before di or after?

peekeclean

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:49:55 pm »
hi dave my system gose tank to pump to di to reel
hope this helps.
i have fitted a tap between the tank and pump to try and trap the water but no joy.

i have the di in van to make sure the water is pure when it hits the glass, maybe im to fussy?but iv had no complaints so far. do most of you di befor filling?

thanks joe

Davew

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:57:10 pm »
Is your pump nice and low? I used to get similar problems but like i said i put a stop end on the hose where i connect my reel outside the van and also found a leaky joint on my di bottle. Sorry i'm not much help.

peekeclean

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 02:14:21 pm »
hi dave yes its about 2 inch from floor of van.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:19:20 pm »
Hi Joe,

I, like you have the DI canister in  the van to make sure the water is pure and recently had similiar problems as you and after spending £500+ trying to sort out the pressure problems it turned out it was the inner vessel of the DI canister that was knackered at a cost of £6  ???

What DI canister do you have?

AL

peekeclean

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »
hi alistair i have a 11l di,how did you find out about the  inner vessel?and where did you get the new one?

they are crap made for what you pay i had loads of trouble with mine in the first place as it was not water tight and leaked?
in the end i put some plumbers mate in the black bits you screw in(they have a little notch out of them)and loads of ptfe tape.

thanks joe

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 08:08:00 pm »
Hi Joe,

I found out it was the inner  vessel because I have a two man setup (2 of everything pumps, DI, varistreams etc) and as the problem was only on one side of the system I started to swap the components over one by one until I isolated the problem to the DI canister inner vessel.

I dont have any experience of the 11 litre canister as I use two 700ml canisters but I found that they have/had a thick compressed cardboard filter ring on them which had failed although the replacement part that I ordered has been redesigned and no longer has this.

I got mine through Gardiners but they orginally come from RO-Man

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php/cPath/33?osCsid=494d773e6429a7bede31280ab0dd71c9

AL

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:23 pm »
Your pump could be at fault.

Peter

peekeclean

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 09:12:53 pm »
thanks for the replys guys

peter how will i know? befor i had my reel on my tank i use to disconnect the hose that gose from the pump to my di(because the reel was outside the van)so i know it is between the pump and di.

thanks joe

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 09:22:15 pm »
thanks for the replys guys

peter how will i know? befor i had my reel on my tank i use to disconnect the hose that gose from the pump to my di(because the reel was outside the van)so i know it is between the pump and di.

thanks joe

You could try bypassing the DI and see if the helps.  What kind of pump do you have?

You could try connecting the hose reel straight into the pump outlet and see if that works.

You could also just have a bit of hose attached straight onto the outlet of the pump and see if it can pump the water out the hose.  Also try putting it under a bit of pressure by narrowing the hose and even clamping the hose by bending it over, and see what happens.

Peter

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:16 pm »
I had the same problem and figured it out today. My pump was taking ages to prime after re-filling the tank, and I was begining to think it was faulty. In my messing about, I disconnected the reel, and connected the pole hose direct. The air was pushed out in seconds and the pump primed. It seems the back pressure from the reel was too much for a dry pump!

Davew

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
That's pretty much my thinking - you want to try and keep the pump full of water even when it's off so you have to stop the water syphoning back. My theory is that pumps arn't very good at shifting air and idealy would start up better if primed.I would guess that the pump would be fine as once you get it full of water it runs ok?

peekeclean

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 05:49:13 pm »
thanks guy a few thing to try there.

peekeclean

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 06:43:58 pm »
think iv got to the bottem of it today,i disconnected my pump and strainer then ptfe tape all the joints.
now my vairstrem takes ages to turn off any help for that now or though its not a problem at the moment?

thanks joe

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53:11 pm »
Hi Joe,

Just unscrew the face plate of the varistream and on the reverse is a circuit board with a small blue dial, using an electrical (or any small) cross head screwdriver turn it anticlockwise by one letter at a time testing the varistream between each turn until your varistream cuts off correctly.

Regards

AL