This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ag

builders clean
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:09:43 pm »
Hi all

Normally dont come ito the widow cleaning section as my area is more the commercial and carpet side of things, but I am hoping to get some advice from you.

A builder rang me yesterday - he has 18 3 bed houses, the windows have the usual stuff on  them plaster, adhesive etc and wants them cleaned - I havent got a clue what to charge for windows alone?We normally do fully inc. builders cleans.
I was thinking about 5 quid per window. Im going to see them tomorrow morning.
Do you think I might be better off subcontracting this out ot prof. window cleaners?
Pricing advice really welcome.
Many thanks
Agnes

LWC

Re: builders clean
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:57:49 pm »
its time consuming mate. if your not confident get someone who is.

windows are easily scratched when cement is present. dont scraper off cement, try and wet it off as much as you can and be careful. get some sticky label remover Tygris do a good one.

CHECK ALL THE WINDOWS FIRST BEFORE YOU START FOR SCRATCHES so YOU are not liable.

as far as money goes. you may get 3 - 4 done a day. your looking at around 3 - 4 days work in my opinion. (depending on the state theyre in)

if it was me. if there is 10 window on the house, i would usually charge £10. builders clean i would charge for outs, £10, then in another £10 and another £10 for the time youll be there. £30 a house. £540 for the lot

£550 for you trouble  ;)

hope this helps

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:03 pm »
i would charge between 4 and 6 times the clean so if one house has 8 medium size windows it would be between £32-£48 thats just outside.

They can be hard work and a pain but if you have the time then why not have a try thats wot i did, i would get a waiver signed and satisfaction recipt when finished signed.

LWC

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:33:29 pm »
it would be between £32-£48 thats just outside.

so almost £100 a house?  :o

no chance im sorry, especially when theres so many of them. could just imagine the builders reaction no

"yes the price will be £1800"

"*?@*?%* off"

my price is low end i suppose, i reakon you could scrape £700 tops...but that pricing is ridiculous, im sory but i dont usually tell someone theyre ridicuolous...but that is

ronnie paton

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 04:25:11 pm »
lwc do you reckon, i know that i would and can get theses prices cause i have done.
There hard work and can take longer than expected so you need to get good money for them.

Doubt me all you want but i can send a purchase order of e reciept one if you would like :-X

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »
if you ask most would say 4-6 times a normal clean so how is my price ridiculous
?? it would be between £64-£96 per house if they had 8 medium sized windows.

your rididculous with your CRAP pricing, were you from?? i could proberly sub some out to you and still get a very good return 8)

LWC

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 05:44:58 am »
im not meaning to fall out with you buddy. but i do alot of builders cleans and dont charge the prices you do. maybe im doing something wrong...but i cant see almost £100 a house for a first clean. i charged that for a new shop and their windows were huge in and out. about 25 of them

barry woodward

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 08:56:01 am »
We finished a builders clean a few weeks ago, they only wanted the outside done and i got £50 per house they were all 3 bed detached with 11 windows per house, the insides had a film cover on all windows to protect them which they removed themselfs, we are based in Buckinghamshire.

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »
no harm done LWC just thought being called ridiculous was trying to doubt what i was saying, its obvious that we all price differently has when someone one ask for help with a quote prices can have such a massive range!

LWC

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:45:44 am »
 ;)

think im gonna have to move where your you live lol!

no sorry if i came across like that, but not you being ridiculous just impressed with the prices you guys get...think im gonna have to up mine lol!

id be happy with £50 a house inside and out

maddog

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 10:32:29 am »
3 times regular price for a cleaning company, 4 times regular price for a builder. Don't undercut yourself. If somebody will do it cheaper, he will realise once he has started that he has made a mistake, Don't let that be you.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 05:42:35 pm »
What area are you in south/north different rates in ?.Here £40 per plot would be about average(S.yorks)
Spit and polish

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 08:32:11 pm »
b/c £60.00 in/out

sparkle clean £30.00 in /out

regular clean outs only £12.00

jerry

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 08:55:19 pm »
Oh, for god's sake. ::)

You can't price these accurately.
Neither Ronnie or LWC may be right.
You could get caught out or look ridiculously OTT.

Just give them a really rough guide, then price it per day.
If you want £150 a day and it takes 2 1/2 days, then charge £425.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 09:04:18 pm »
Squeaky Clean.

do you do many b/c

in my opinion you can not price b/c on a day rate

jerry

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 09:34:35 pm »
No, I hate them.
They're never right, and they're too fiddly and knackering.

Why not price per day?
That's the most accurate way.

You know what you want per day, so charge that.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 09:47:20 pm »
Squeaky Clean.

because when you go on site to do plot 1/2/3/4/ b/c

the paint  and decorator is still in there  :'( :'( :'(

i have been there so many times and i absolutely pucking hate it

jerry

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 10:52:59 pm »
builders cleans are a nightmare if you dont get the pricing right if you have been caught out once you will always remember it and if smart LEARN from it .They always take a lot longer than you think i price like this ;outside x3.5 inside x2.5(usually they are not as bad) plus 10% in case. So a £10 house is charged at £66 so £1188 for the lot this may sound steep to some but buildcleans are NOT regular window cleaning they can be a right womans wee thing and anyway the builder can afford it so dont sell yourself short

Helen

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 10:26:12 am »
you all seem to be talking windows only, do you not get asked to do gutters/fascia and soffits, porchways etc? All the builders cleans we have done were inclusive of these items and priced accordingly. Have never known a builder yet clean these items.
We don't take a lot on now as the builders leadtimes were getting ridiculous and as already said, we were catching up the other tradesmen still working on them :)

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 05:16:09 pm »
yes helen we do and they r a nightmare too

B/Cs r a pain in the bum

jerry