This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: builders clean
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 05:20:05 pm »
Squeaky Clean.

do you do many b/c

in my opinion you can not price b/c on a day rate

jerry
Never price on day rate, unless its triple time

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 05:22:34 pm »
well said ian ww

Helen

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:15 pm »
yes helen we do and they r a nightmare too

B/Cs r a pain in the bum

jerry

Not half...especially when you put a bit of pressure on gutters and they come down, because they have not been fixed correctly......we don't take them on anymore ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 08:03:38 am »

if it was me. if there is 10 window on the house, i would usually charge £10. builders clean i would charge for outs, £10, then in another £10 and another £10 for the time youll be there. £30 a house. £540 for the lot

I dont get that.

Im not saying you havent done your fair share of builders cleans, but your saying essentially, apart from the extra tenner for being there, you'll still charge the same rate per pane for builders cleans as you would for normal maintenance cleans, £1.00 a throw??

Surely thats not right?

Anyway, for me as a guide for a builders clean Id put a price in at somewhere around £8.00 a window for inside and out. IMO and experience they take time, they need to be done carefully and considerately to save damage etc. Scraping cement, mastic, window stickers off takes time.

I did a clean for a builder this week, not a builders clean as such, but for a building company anyway, a problem propert, custys wernt happy. It was just an outside clean, wipe frames over too, quick dry-wipe of gutters and some of the fascia (not all, but to be seen to be making an effort): 8 windows anyway in total ......£65.00.

The contracts manager said 'Is that all?'

Matt

Dean Aspects

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 12:19:15 pm »
I have just done one this morning havent done one for ages forgot how time consuming they are i thought i had over priced it before i did it ...how wrong i was i charged £60 should have been £100 lesson learned  >:(

Dean

LWC

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 03:39:28 pm »

if it was me. if there is 10 window on the house, i would usually charge £10. builders clean i would charge for outs, £10, then in another £10 and another £10 for the time youll be there. £30 a house. £540 for the lot

I dont get that.

Im not saying you havent done your fair share of builders cleans, but your saying essentially, apart from the extra tenner for being there, you'll still charge the same rate per pane for builders cleans as you would for normal maintenance cleans, £1.00 a throw??

Surely thats not right?

to be fair i do usually get the wrong price on builders cleans, and i do alot of them!

for me though if they weren't horrendous, there 18 houses, i would take around 3 days to do them. ok £550 is cheap. the most id charge is, i dunno £700 - £800, about £40 - £50 a house.

but for me, be in the same place for 3 days, if i came out with £600 for 3 days and havent had to drive round all day...i see that as good...but thats just me. if i got £800 id take the rest of the month off...lol  :P joke  ::)