This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

SUPER-LITE BRUSH REVIEW
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:57:51 am »
Well I've always used monofilament brushes before and i never liked the Vikan flocked so I thought I might not like the Super-lite brush but I was very suprised. Firstly it extremely light and most importantly is cleans well but also the positioning of the jets seems brilliant to get a good rinse. As brushes go it seems very good, infact I think I might prefer it to my monofilament vikans which seem extremely hard to get to splay even just 20ft up. I do think that this industry needs more brushes to choose from that will fit german d type ( vikan style ) threads. Another thing that is really needed is a strong swivel attachment or swivel brush that is very light. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Davew

Re: SUPER-LITE BRUSH REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
Swivels are already out there just need to look hard - vast supplies might do them. Plenty of cheap brushes about too, just get yourself a cheap drillstand, some jets and start experimenting.
http://www.vastsupplies.co.uk/product.php?productid=3883&cat=0&page=1

macmac

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:38:48 pm »
Luke
you can modify the MKII swivel by drilling & inserting a pin/nail etc about 3mm dia straight through the ball & cup. the difference is mega when done. ;)

tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:15:44 pm »
Well I've got my Superlite 2 out twice now to use on windows.  A bit fiddly setting it up but what a relief to use.  Both the jobs I have used it on have very awkward windows that have been a real struggle with other (heavier) poles due to the difficult angles.  I manages these difficult windows using the S2 without even flinching.  It's a pole that I will only be getting out for certain jobs.  I don't know if anyone has done anything similar but I would find it easier if I could identify the sections more quickly.  I know they have a number on the end but I don't always wear my specs to work in.  What I intend to do is to use different coloured sticky tape (not near the joints of course).  Naturally, the top section holding the brush I keep separately on a pole rack in the van.  It's the sections in the bag that I intend to tape.  Starting from number 2 section I intend to go yellow - green - brown - blue - pink (no need for black as that's the pole colour  :)   ).  Those of you who know a bit about snooker will instantly recognise my colour selections.  The value of the snooker balls exactly mirrors the section numbers and can be identified straight away.  Does this sound a good idea or am I cracking up?   :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 06:29:08 pm »
Sounds great!

I might nick it.

Davew

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:32:48 pm »
If you tape them just right they will fit inside each other in the right order ready for action - no need to colour code them and the thirty five footer still fits in the bag with the base section alongside.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 06:33:24 pm »
I can put it together without looking at the numbers now! it does sound like a good idea but it adds weight to the pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 07:00:03 pm »
Learn to do it in the dark, it comes in handy this time of the year.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »
I can put it together without looking at the numbers now! it does sound like a good idea but it adds weight to the pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luke

Well I suppose I could use dabs of gloss paint instead of tape  :)  .  Luminous of course due to time of year.