This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Breakfast meetings - Anyone do them?
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:52:02 am »
There is one advertised in a local magazine where local business's meet up every Thurs morning between 7:30-9:00am for breakfast. It is basically a networking meeting where you introduce yourself to other members and help each other to get more business. There are also guest speakers that discuss marketing, lemployment aws or other business issues.
My brother runs a E-procurement company in Ireland and goes to these on a weekly basis and he swears by them.
The members in my local area are all Solicitors, Estate Agents, Accountants etc.

Has anyone here ever tried them?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Re: Breakfast meetings - Anyone do them?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:55:22 am »
There is one advertised in a local magazine where local business's meet up every Thurs morning between 7:30-9:00am for breakfast. It is basically a networking meeting where you introduce yourself to other members and help each other to get more business. There are also guest speakers that discuss marketing, lemployment aws or other business issues.
My brother runs a E-procurement company in Ireland and goes to these on a weekly basis and he swears by them.
The members in my local area are all Solicitors, Estate Agents, Accountants etc.

Has anyone here ever tried them?
good for networking if you can get in on one do it  ;)

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:02:59 am »
Cheers WW,
Forgot to mention, It costs £12 to attend each meeting so even if I only get one regular customer I'm quids in!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:17 am »
Cheers WW,
Forgot to mention, It costs £12 to attend each meeting so even if I only get one regular customer I'm quids in!
thing with these meetings is they all refer each other, as long as there is only you as the window cleaner you will have many business owners talking about your business for you and that has to be a good thing, and you get coffee  ;D

Dave JP

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:31:20 am »
RO-Sheen,

I've attended a few of these and they are definately good for networking.
The old saying "it's not what you know but who you know", certainly rings true.

I've picked up several quotes, one commercial and three residential jobs from these, as well as meeting the guy who now does my books for me.

Though there's normally a lot of salespeople there trying to sell you products you don't really need - a few of the MD types who attend don't bother speaking or acknowleging when they know you are a W/C...... :-\  I recommend you attend one as a taster, if there's no business to be done, leave it a few months before going back.

Breakfast is normally pretty good too - But with the dark nights coming in I prefer to make an early start on the windows - no time for breakfast meetings..... ;D
"Everywhere is in walking distance, if you have the time."

need a cleaner

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:16 am »
We are part of our local BNI chapter, i belive is that you are talking about and yes it thus work we joined in Feb and so far just in 1off's we have already recovered our fees plus we have got contract work worth £10,462.00 :)

bluez

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:10 am »
As a w/c you should be the easiest referal in the meeting and if this is BNI then you will do ok because you are supposed to give at l;east one referal each week. I have gone to some of them and find that they are good value for a period of time but run their course. I now try to go to a different one each week so I am in about 5 now but only works if they do not have joining fees. I don't do the w/c myself anymore I just try to keep it coming in so I have the time to devote to it, may not be as useful if you are going to breakfast meetings instead of cleaning windows.
hi

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:39:44 pm »
MMMMM Seems quite Masonic! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

LSB

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 04:33:54 pm »
i have been invited to quite a few of these over the years , but never been !
it just doesnt appeal to me !

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 04:58:51 pm »
Ive just joined the cannock branch of BNI, hopefully it is as good as it looks, i,ve already had interest on qoutes for prop. developer to do hand over clean.

gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 06:01:38 pm »
MMMMM Seems quite Masonic! Luke

Although I didn't stick around, it did have the feel of being a cross between the Masons and Amway to me.
It was a bit embarrassing really.  I was invited by someone and turned up OK.  Although I was told that there was a joining fee (no need to pay that until my third meeting), no-one told me that there was a cost to get into each meeting as well.  Of course I had very little money on me so I made some excuse and left as it was too embarrassing to own up to that.  I really think that the guy who invited me should have warned me.  Mind you, I felt very uncomfortable with it the moment I walked in there anyway.

barry woodward

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 06:22:51 pm »
If its BNI it will cost £400 per year + vat to be a member, £12 seems alot for brekkie i was paying £30 a month.
It works if you can devote time to it because you have to go every week, and then you have to attend courses, then getting referals.

You will be the only window cleaner in the group and you will get work.

I just could'nt devote my time to it

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 07:02:12 pm »
for those interested here's the site
http://www.bni-europe.com/
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

need a cleaner

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 07:29:18 pm »
This is the uk site http://www.bni-europe.com/uk/

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 02:11:51 pm »
I go to one called the BOB club, they are cheaper than the BNI and less formal that the BNI (IMO) www.bobclubs.com. It only runs every other week so not as time consuming. Not been going long but received some good information and help so far.

Kwackers

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 03:51:20 pm »
Same as BNI they only let one of each catorgory Join?

Your a member of my Local BOB group CWC

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 05:13:20 pm »
Yes, I am a member of the Coventry club joined about 2 months ago.

Yes only one per group  but if the member is happy there are no over lapping issues they will allow another member from the business to join.

Kwackers

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:28 pm »
No worries, there's one starting up by the NEC, that's actually closer, i'll have a look at that

mike richardson

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48:21 pm »
i was offered the chance obout 2 yr ago turned itdown as i cudent c the point in sittin on my arse when i cud av been out earning.

but the lad who got asked after me seems to get loads of work from it

as someone said its who you know not wot u know,

get ur foot in the door

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 10:59:08 pm »
i'm going to my 1st breakfast meeting on weds,
will let you all know how i get on
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk