Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D.Salkeld_Ltd

How do you cope with V.A.T. on domestic work?
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:06:09 pm »
Hi All,

This is a question for you guys who have a couple of vans working on Domestic work.
You must be over the V.A.T. threshold?
Do you charge a price + V.A.T. or do you include the V.A.T. in the price?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Re: How do you cope with V.A.T. on domestic work?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:09:14 pm »
Hi All,

This is a question for you guys who have a couple of vans working on Domestic work.
You must be over the V.A.T. threshold?
Do you charge a price + V.A.T. or do you include the V.A.T. in the price?

David
I missed vat, but you cant say that say £10 + £1.75 please.  IMO add it in the price

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:51:57 am »
do i have to pay tax / vat to the council people or whoever? being 17  for my window cleaning business?
id rather start now if i have too rather than get a lump sum charge

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:12:20 am »
Just include it in your price

creweexcel

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 07:59:31 am »
remember that you can only charge v.a.t. if you are registered.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:25 am »
do i have to pay tax / vat to the council people or whoever? being 17  for my window cleaning business?
id rather start now if i have too rather than get a lump sum charge
Jon,  Have you registered yourself as a business yet as you have to do this by law ? call businesslink and get a meeting with them , they can tell what you need to do, or call inland revenue direct they can send someone to see you. you have to pay tax on your earning over a certain personal allowance about £5000 also national insurance. You more than likely not have to pay VAT for at least the first year as you have to earn quite alot, you can register for VAT if you want to but I would not recommend you do that just yet unless you are going to earn well over 60k.

This may sound a little daunting but there is nothing to worry about, just call either than I have just said and get it sorted out asap.

where you are 17 I am unsure if you have to pay tax yet but you get your national insurance number as far as I am aware at 16 so this will be payable (just trying to remember that far back  :-[), better to be safe than sry matey  ;)

Helen

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:36 am »
at time of quote state the price £XXX.00 including vat.
we price as we have always done then add on vat and round up to nearest 50p, thats the figure you tell the customer. eg £22.00nett plus £3.85 vat = £25.85= price to custie £26.00 including vat. On larger amounts would leave the final figure as the workings out total :)