This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

Re: cheeky little t**t
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 06:29:12 pm »
2 years ago I could have been that lad that you mention.
I was in his position, worked flat out somedays for an hourly wage, really started getting me down and was getting home exhausted. I had enough of that grey matter to realise I could do better on my own, now if there had been bonuses, incentives for working harder, I may not have quit and gone self employed as it was hard starting from scratch but 2 years on I'm smiling, well most of the time :D
Is he that cheeky? well only you can really decide that or know if your paying him a decent wage for what he does. In my case I got no sick pay other than statutory after 3 days, bank holidays came out of my 20 days annual leave and if I could'nt work due to the weather or a lack of work recieved no pay. On top of all that I did quotes and debt collected and fixed equipment/vehicle so in the end it was a no brainer!
I'm not wishing to sound critical of others here just pointing out that the minds of an employer and an employee will always have different perspectives and I can see where the lads coming from and having been there can sympathise with him to an extent.
Simon

NWH

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 06:40:48 pm »
It makes me laugh how these lads think,your getting all the money and your only paying me X,go out on your own then.I`ve got absolutly no time for this way of thinking,if it`s that bad leave making comments to me like that would only get him sacked,they only seem to think like this in our job you hear of people thinking these things but to come out and say it i would have been boiling,that`s it now he`s shown his colours and what type of a person he is start looking.At the end of the day he working for your business under your name as an employee,he knows the score what he gets at the end of the week and i would say if he`s not happy give him a swift kick up th A*** down the road,sack him and he`ll be delivering your post next month or dropping your spares  off for DHL LOL.

Adam Boss

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 07:33:31 pm »
Got to say, good for him and he will go far ;D ;D. he realises his worth to you and you know he is honest and does a good job. If he was crap then he should be gone.
EST: 1988

NWH

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 07:40:41 pm »
It dosen`t mean he will go far,he`s just a jealous resentfull idiot.

jdemarco

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 09:13:27 pm »
Ive read all these posts but no ones asked....Everclean how much do you pay the lad a day and for how many hours? and on an average day how much does this cheeky tw@t earn for you?

NWH

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 09:18:04 pm »
What right does that give him to come out with that kind of comment to his employer.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 09:20:57 pm »
faster you clean faster you ern  ;D plus faster you clean cheaper then the next wc ;D ::) confushur snatch the squeegee from my hand ;D master
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

tonyoliver

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 09:25:08 pm »
like john lenon said  let it be let it be

i say let it be but mark his card.......................

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 09:29:20 pm »
 ;D be one step ahead ::) ;) ;D move forward
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 09:35:13 pm »
I would never see that lad in the same eyes again.

Davo

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2007, 05:58:45 am »
Obviously the mans not happy, he may well be greedy or a man with a hard luck story that thinks hes owed a living. Only you know what type of man he is.

However a fact of life is that your business and its continued success is dependent on  the quality of the work you produce for the money you charge. A man has to feel valued at his job for you to get the best from him.

You cannot expect a man to work that bit harder or do those extra jobs to earn you more if he is no better off financially. And if hes on a basic wage with no incentive I THINK THE FAULT WITH THIS SITUATION LIES WITH THE EMPLOYER.

Provided hes good at his job and looks after your customers well then he should be rewarded for his commitment to your business and the value HE adds to it. HIs value is directly related to the ammount of revenue he generates for you from HAPPY customers.

If he is a man who cares about nothing then he shouldnt be working for you in the first place.

Mark

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2007, 07:31:42 am »
i think minimum wage equals minimum effort, certain big companies agree with this and provide decent wages and better conditions for their staff. it has been proved that this increases productivity, less sick days and more empoyee pride in the company.
many people have had enough of making thier boss richer and gone alone, some have failed some do very well. look after staff good ones are hard to get keeping them may be harder