Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

listening to music whilst working
« on: November 08, 2007, 06:22:31 pm »
...brilliant

got a new phone yesterday. one of them sony ericsson walkman ones. and its been great. been working alone today. and the weather was rubbish, but i got my self to houses and carried on

great little motivator...and simple  :)

jeff1

Re: listening to music whilst working
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:30:13 pm »
I give up useing mine, when my custy's bagan to think I was nuts,  ;D  I was know on occasions, to do a little dance or jig in custy's gardens or sing at the top of my voice, when any of my favourite songs came on. ::)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:37:01 pm »
I don't sing but I've deffo got into rythm with music when trad but it's a little difficult with a pole. When not listening to music I'm always whistling. In fact some custies won't open the door after dark unless they hear my whistle.

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:18:36 pm »

Can't listen to music and work at the same time...dunno why ???

Feen

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 07:39:50 pm »
Same for me Simon. It sort of distracts me :( I've tried talking books this week, but I find I haven't heard anything for 5 mins so lose the story. I must just sort of meander through the day, because if I was asked what I thought about whilst working today, I wouldn't have a clue ;D
Feen

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:17:04 pm »
I give up useing mine, when my custy's bagan to think I was nuts,  ;D  I was know on occasions, to do a little dance or jig in custy's gardens or sing at the top of my voice, when any of my favourite songs came on. ::)
get another one jeff, would love to see the jog on youtube  ;D

darren73

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »
got the same phone myself last week lwc-great piece of equipment i take it you got a memory card too,definitely helps get the day in

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:16:20 pm »
get another one jeff, would love to see the jog on youtube  ;D
No thanks  ;D The trouble is you don't realise your doing it, I must have looked a right Gonk  ;D ;D
My Boss used to take the P out of me, she used to say what sort of Dance is that???
I used to tell her it was the 'Window Cleaners Rock' ;D

rugby

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 12:50:22 am »
gave up using mine,for some reason listening to music realy slows me down,you would think a bit of music would make me work faster  ???

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:29:02 am »
i listen to audio books, they seem to have no effect on the way i work.
music does. if i have something quick on i work to that tempo, that goes with slow stuff as well.
listen to massive attack and it addds time on to my work, prodigy i finish quick but am knackered

steve a

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 07:03:40 am »
I've got the w800i and have started listening to Radio 4, how sad is that!.. Never realised there was that much swearing on R4, also some interesting little plays,(no not the archers). fAgs mags and bags was quite funny.
Steve

Spursboy1972

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 07:45:26 am »
Ipod 80gb with about 10000 tunes on and various podcasts form Radio 2. (not fairy vine! ;D).

Wont leave home without it!!
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

gsw

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 07:49:27 am »
pocket DAB, listen to radio 1 mostly although some of the presenters grate on you after a couple of years, DAB reception isnt all its cracked up to be but theradio is great as you plug it in to recharge it every night and it last all day.

i couldn't work with nothing, i would keel over with boredom!

LWC

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 07:54:20 am »
phones got radio too  :)

i just found it helped loads...hmmm goes off to find prodigy, music for the giltered generation. ill definalety get it all done then!

Spursboy1972

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:31 am »
DAB has a great reception if the reciever is in a static position all the time. I had looked at a portable one but was warned off as its reception is poor. They are the same in cars too. Added into that that they eat batteries unless you are constantly recharging them! Thats just my opinion
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

matt

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »
i have a cheap MP3 player and a 2 gig SD card

i change the MP3's on it every few weeks and its great

if i forget it, come 2 my heads down and im plodding along

dudek

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 04:30:46 pm »
i got w800i and i wouldnt be without it but by lunch time the batteries are dead after listening to chris moyles.

I am going to upgrade to a roberts portable with a speaker and rechargable batteries

Happy days 8)

Rob_B

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 04:32:54 pm »
ipodders, get the best of both worlds. This little gadget turns your ipod into a dab radio. It's just what I've been waiting for. I saw an advert for it in the paper today which said available soon.
http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/pages/robi.html