This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sanity

Do these figures sound correct, and ...
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:39:04 pm »
Ok, I just bought myself a Merlin, 11ltr DI vessel and assorted other bits inc trolley and I have a functioning portable WFP setup.

Now, my water TDS starts off from the outside tap at 356 , and after going through the Merlin becomes 053, then 000 after going through the DI vessel.

Is there a way to reduce the TDS further before it goes to my resin, as I feel this is very high to be going through the resin.

All parts are brand new and just today been setup.

Do these figures sound about right?

cleantech.co.uk

Re: Do these figures sound correct, and ...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:42:18 pm »
the reading does indeed sound a little high

what sort of pressure do you have going into the merlin?
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

Rob.Hall

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:51:15 pm »
Just a thought.

I had a high tds on a new set up. Ran the system for 1/2 hour and the tds came down.

My tds from tap ranges from 260 to 310.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:52:01 pm »
The merlin should have a pre filter on it,the membranes will last longer.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »
see what happens after 10 minutes or an hour or so and flush the system while your waiting too.. at first my tds was 23 after ro and then after 10 minutes went down to 6/7 .   my tap tds was about 320 then went down to 250

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 04:59:07 pm »
Jonrob are you saying that after merlin your water is 6-7ppm.

Sanity

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »
I am only getting about 2 bar pressure according to the Merlin, but it is only a outside tap kit.  Ill try it again when I have a full pressure tap...  It does indeed have a pre-filter (it came ready, assembled by Sureclean Systems (highly recommended btw))

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:28:09 pm »
I spoke to him a couple of days ago,very helpful.Did you have it with hoselock or j.guest fittings.

brightnclean

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 07:02:16 pm »
When.. oh when will ppl realise that the merlin is cr+p for our use UNLESS you don't care about waste or live in a pretty soft water area.?

That reading is a bit high though. It may improve a bit with time and better water pressure.

By the time uve got the merlin..  prefilter if u stick another £100 quid or so u can have a PROPER ro set up that will have MUCH less waste and give u a lot more output at a better TDS.

JM123

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 12:49:37 am »
if you know how to set your merlin up correctly they are in fact a brilliant piece of kit.

we have only 45psi @ tap but get 75ltrs/hr @7ppm down from inlet tds of 160ppm.  The merlin is nearly 2 yrs old too but we do have a prefilter installed (20inch) and I have played about with flow restrictors for the waste.

waste:pure ratio is 3:1  which isn't too bad.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 05:33:40 am »
Ok, I just bought myself a Merlin, 11ltr DI vessel and assorted other bits inc trolley and I have a functioning portable WFP setup.

Now, my water TDS starts off from the outside tap at 356 , and after going through the Merlin becomes 053, then 000 after going through the DI vessel.

Is there a way to reduce the TDS further before it goes to my resin, as I feel this is very high to be going through the resin.

All parts are brand new and just today been setup.

Do these figures sound about right?

As others have stated, check it again when it's been running a while.  I get 006/007 from tap TDS of 250.  I get about 45 litres of pure water per hour but I am running it at 30-40 PSI so it's unlikely to be optimum performance.  Still a lot better than my old 300 GPD though.

Sanity

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 08:23:28 am »
I get about 45 ltrs an hour (i manage to fill one and 4/5ths of 25ltr barrels) the waste is about the same.

It came with hoselock fittings. :)

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 08:37:47 am »
I am only getting about 2 bar pressure according to the Merlin, but it is only a outside tap kit.  Ill try it again when I have a full pressure tap...  It does indeed have a pre-filter (it came ready, assembled by Sureclean Systems (highly recommended btw))

is that tap kit from b&b the one you screw in the copper pipe? if it is change it they are not good enough m8, i did the same a few weeks back then changed it for 15mm copper, and used the hose on tap kit to go to tap.

Sanity

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 12:51:45 pm »
Yup, the screw on tap kit.

Will change it this weekend for a T-bar 15mm on the main cold feed and see if the pressure rises any...

aztec

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 03:46:04 pm »
a water softener before any ro unit helps mate

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 05:01:19 pm »
I get about 45 ltrs an hour (i manage to fill one and 4/5ths of 25ltr barrels) the waste is about the same.

I can fill my 400 ltr tank in 3 absulute max with my merlin
P&R Window Cleaning

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 05:51:16 pm »

I can fill my 400 ltr tank in 3 absulute max with my merlin

Sounds like you probably have decent water pressure.  I run mine at between 30 and 40 PSI (it seemsa to vary) when Merlins are really meant to run at >40 PSI.  Is your pressure OK.  I understand that can make a lot of difference.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 06:36:23 pm »
how long does it take most people to fill up there tanks with a merlin
P&R Window Cleaning