Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

Window cleaning; Occupation or BUSINESS choice?
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:26:18 am »
Window cleaning is not just an occupation. It is a business. I would encourage every single person on this forum to remember this.

You can do this for a living for a great cash flow and you can proceed on with a plan for a career and retirement.

I do not mean to make it sound easy; it is a lot of work. But it is a wonderful occupation that will prosper as much as you push it. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface as far as potential, and I am considered "successful".  :o

I am thrilled that my 27 year old son is now proceeding with a serious plan for a window cleaning/pressure washing business. He has helped me occasionally for 14 years; thought window cleaning was not for him.   

He and his wife now work as a team cleaning windows 4 days a week. It is paying the bills. Now I know I can pass on to him all my accounts; everything.   I was concerned as to what would happen to my business when I am gone or retire for real one day.

It is awesome that you can be self employed cleaning windows! It is as serious as you want it to be. :o  If you really like it; develop it !

Window cleaners are an awesome breed! (My small advice regarding what I know.) ;D What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Texas Girl   :-*
Debbie

Re: Window cleaning; Occupation or BUSINESS choice?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:29:22 am »
I think you are spot on with your comments, and they make sence  ;D, Any business can stay small or grow, it is the work and dedication you put in determines this IMO.

saying that, I have just noticed the time, time to stop designing now and go to bed, up in 4 hours for work  ::)

creweexcel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:49:45 am »
when will we see more calenders , texas girl?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:54:12 am »
I couldn't agree more Debbie this the best job ive ever had in all of my 40 yrs, I think i'll encourage my son & daughter to be self employed when the time comes

Ps .... have not seen much of the calenders lately ???

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:00:11 am »
You Guys  ;) One thing on ya mind. Calenders  ;D I got a job loads of 2008 calenders from Millets if you really can't wait  ;D

gary evans

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:01:04 am »
Definately  a business, i,m small, but have high ambitions. Put  a lot of time/ money/effort & training into business, & hopefully next yearit will reap rewards. Most new business,s dont last, but, most people should be able to improve & ahve areasonable business.

Gary

texas girl

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
Window Cleaning is definitely a great business. It is a needed service and you can add other services to what you offer as well.

Over the years I have learned so much about the business aspect. That is as important as the labor part of it. I am still learning.

You guys have almost talked me into new calendar posts. I was getting a bit shy about it but my calendar creator has said it is time for new pages. ???

Cheers ;D

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:37 pm »
Window Cleaning is definitely a great business. It is a needed service and you can add other services to what you offer as well.

Over the years I have learned so much about the business aspect. That is as important as the labor part of it. I am still learning.

You guys have almost talked me into new calendar posts. I was getting a bit shy about it but my calendar creator has said it is time for new pages. ???

Cheers ;D

Hi Debbie were have you been hiding  ;)

Great idea about the calander, but one request from me and probably every other guy on this forum, can you leave the Numbers off   :o ;D ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:01 pm »
Where the bloody heck have you been.

Its been like........you've dumped us Debbie :-[

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:23 pm »

Cheers ;D

Hi Debbie were have you been hiding  ;)

Great idea about the calander, but one request from me and probably every other guy on this forum, can you leave the Numbers off   :o ;D ;D

I will second that  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:19 pm »
Hey debbie?
Will you hurry up and send my activation link, from your forum ;)

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:01:54 pm »
Hey debbie?
what Forum jeff ???? let me see let me see  :)

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:03:28 pm »
Hey debbie?
what Forum jeff ???? let me see let me see  :)
go to the academy and I'll tell you by pm. or look under links, I have added it to our forum.

texas girl

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:51:13 pm »
Hey Jeff,

I am still here; doing same thing. Just took a break from forums for a while.

You guys are the best. Thanks for all warm replies.  8)

We have been staying busy. I am doing pressure washing now also and I am amazed at the demand. This area (Central Texas) is growing really fast so I hope to expand my business also.

Management has turned into a full time job for me.

I had better get my bootie in gear while the rest of this area is growing or I may miss the opportunity.

Timing is everything. Maybe it is time to get some warm window cleaning pics on some new calendar pages.  ;)

Cheers,
Texas Girl
 :-*
Debbie