Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Skyglide

Need more ro water
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:36:58 pm »
Hi Everyone
Currently using a Merlin, changed all the filters, got four IBCs storage, but need more production to cope with increased business.
Ruled out rainwater harvesting.
What do you recommend?
(using 2,000 ltrs a day a lot of the time now)
I'm not made of money, but need to buy the right kit to cope with this and future demand. Not against DIY.
Chris

NWH

Re: Need more ro water
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:46:07 pm »
2x40x40 RO units i`ve been told will make you 3ltrs of water a minute,if your using that much water you must be doing the work so why is cost the problem.How much water does your merlin make over the course of about 7-8 hours,i`m thinking about a merlin.

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:57:18 pm »
2x40x40 RO units i`ve been told will make you 3ltrs of water a minute,if your using that much water you must be doing the work so why is cost the problem.How much water does your merlin make over the course of about 7-8 hours,i`m thinking about a merlin.

I hope ur not on a water meter NWH.  The waste on a Merlin is HORRENDOUS!!! :(

If ur in anything like a hard water area make sure u get an extra sediment prefilter as well. I think the Melin's only redeeming factor is that it will make a decent amount of product water at pretty low pressures but TDS reduction can be cr+p so u will use a lot of resin.

For Christie:  Go for a 40 inch RO set up with 2 x pre filters and a softener if ur in a high calcium area (Furred up kettles n stuff)

£600 (Ish) but make sure u flush regularly. It's dead easy to do on a 40 inch RO  :)

Skyglide

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:00:53 pm »
Hi NWH
Where do I get the 40x40 units from? Agree, doing the work, but feeding the monster at the same time! 2 vans, 2 employees with relevant costs.
Merlin I have found to be good for what it is. If you are a one man band I think it is excellent. Found after 9 months the tds has risen to 65ppm despite changing prefilters. 7 -8 hrs when I first got it would give me over 500 ltrs, now down to around 300. Hard water area and decent mains pressure.
Chris

Skyglide

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:04:54 pm »
Totally agree with brightnclean on the Merlin waste. VERY alarming.
OK, where do I get the kit? Is it the RO Man setup? Alex Gardiner? or what?
Chris

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:09:05 pm »
Why has the reading changed if you`ve changed the filters etc.

Skyglide

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:18:42 pm »
NWH Don't know, but I've changed resin in DIs in vans as a belt and braces move. Water production is crisis now, hoping weekend will catch up a bit, but need to buy new kit asap - where?
Probably need to use tapwater through DI before weekend.
Chris

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:01:10 pm »
What you got atm NWH?

RO man are the cheapest but there service on there things ive heard isnt great, ive never had any problems with them with smaller items

but for that amount of water, the 40 40 is a good deal, i would like one, £665 ex VAT from Gardiners

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:47 pm »
Hi Christies,Gaps water treatment is what you need,tell them how much water you need a day and they will sell you the relevent kit.They do a 40x40 Ro with 2 pre-filters up to kit that produces something like 25000ltrs a day or something stupid,there prices are very competitive aswell,the kit comes with all fittings and diagrams,they will talk you through it over the phone if you have any problems.

Skyglide

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 07:53:55 am »
NWH many thanks. Gaps it is then.
Off to spend some money!
Chris

Davew

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 04:12:48 pm »
Why has the reading changed if you`ve changed the filters etc.

would this mean the membranes are getting past it?

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 04:16:53 pm »
An ipc eagle kicks out 8 litres a minute, and is mobile, so you can run four poles from it out of a tap. Or just produce loads of water....

jikwan

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:25:43 pm »
take a look

http://www.solar-electric-car.com/watercap.htm

this can deal with ro wastewater
if youre paying £30+ month for water this is a cheap alternative
look at the small videoclip
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing