Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Re: Getting dark...
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 06:46:46 pm »
Trailing a hose in the dark would not be safe for you or a customer someone could end up having an accident
I have worked a little later than i should sometimes but never when its totally dark to great a chance of doing a poor job

Dean

jdemarco

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 06:54:20 pm »
I got to a customers house the other day @ 7:25am... Yes i was there early. but i was planning to eat mcd's breakfast there and start at 8:00am

The customer comes out in his dressing gown and waves me over...

When i get to the door he tells me 'i dont want it done 2day'  i ask 'whys that'

He said 'your to early'  just b4 i could say 'well i will do you later in the day' He slams the door...  £10.00 off that days earnings....

Should i dump him or bite my lip and keep him?
Bite your lip and learn for next time. there are some that wont mind you starting that early. just find out which ones.

supernova77

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:16 pm »
Trailing a hose in the dark would not be safe for you or a customer someone could end up having an accident
I have worked a little later than i should sometimes but never when its totally dark to great a chance of doing a poor job

Dean

Yeah but jdemarco is a pro!

He can see straight in the dark with a blind fold on after he's been spun around 3 times and still make £80 an hour 30 hours a day!

Andy

Neil_A

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 06:56:35 pm »
I got to a customers house the other day @ 7:25am... Yes i was there early. but i was planning to eat mcd's breakfast there and start at 8:00am

When i get to the door he tells me 'i dont want it done 2day'  i ask 'whys that'

He said 'your to early'  just b4 i could say 'well i will do you later in the day' He slams the door...  £10.00 off that days earnings....

Bite your lip and learn for next time. there are some that wont mind you starting that early. just find out which ones.

Thats what i thought, but he is one of these guys that has a face you could slap  :D

Thanks
GRADE 'A'

Dean Aspects

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 07:02:18 pm »

Dean

Yeah but jdemarco is a pro!

He can see straight in the dark with a blind fold on after he's been spun around 3 times and still make £80 an hour 30 hours a day!

Andy

:o ;D

simon knight

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 07:10:58 pm »

8.30 start  3.30 finish  indoors and having a brew by 4  ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 07:15:21 pm »

8.30 start  3.30 finish  indoors and having a brew by 4  ;D
same here, like to be done by 3-30 but today i worked overtime until 4pm
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 07:16:47 pm »

Don't get there that early I would say, wait till hes at work, if hes in his dressing gown, you may have caught him at it, I start at 9, 8 on some that i know are not there. but 9am everyone that works should be there (well most anyway)

matt

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 08:00:49 pm »
ive got a little lazy in the last few weeks, lack of sleep with the new baby means im not giving it 100 %, so im finished by about 3.30

still earn what i aim for though, so cannot complain

pingu

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 08:39:03 pm »
Aim to be finished by 15:30 most days and this enough for me....trouble is there are too many days where I am finished earlier.....always have a few hundred leaflets ...so left, right...left right...

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 08:45:08 pm »

From now and over winter i finish at 5 or just after i keep certain houses till last that i know wont mind me cleaning if it gets a bit dark or some i know wont be back from work till 5.30. still starting at 7.30am thats not leaving my house thats cleaning my first customers house which is usually a farm or a customer whos up early, its usefull to know whos up and whos not, thats if you want to make the most of your day, which i do.

Jdemarco:

I agree with you it's easy enough to clean windows in the dark if you just go through the motions even though you can't see if there is any dirt (bird poo or whatever on the glass) :)

However;  if you were to buy one of them hand held 13 million candle power torches from B&Q that you recharge overnight you could work at least 2hours longer every evening and vastly increase your earning potential just to be sued from some nutter who puts in a claim against you for tripping over your hose which they can't see in the dark ;D

(Jdemarco, no offence intended, just having a laugh if you have a SOH :))

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 09:03:40 pm »
jdemarco,

I don't think it's very pro to be cleaning windows in the dark.

Andy

If the inside light is on, you get a better view of the window in the dark than when it's light.  If no light on it's trickyt though.  I've found that WFP can be done in worse light than trad.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 09:05:57 pm »

Depends on your work situation really.  As a £10er, it sounds very dumpable though.  Maybe do it on a Sunday next time to REALLY p him off.

gary999

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »
had a customer insist i clean her house yesterday just as was getting dark
6 bed detached house near the old pebble mill site in birmingham.got spotlights
on every corner of building never seen so much light.not a problem cleaning :)

by the time id finished was proper dark nearly broke my flaming neck tripping
over my microbore when packing up

wont be doing that again >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 05:51:24 am »
i really think some people talk sh*t ::)

And of course you never do, do you?

ronnie paton

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 12:13:04 pm »
not on here no! y would i?? im here to give and recieve help not give people false hope or make my self seem bigger or better than i actually am.

my feet are firmly on the ground and has you will see shiner my business info is there for all to see!!

jdemarco

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 12:17:12 pm »
not on here no! y would i?? im here to give and recieve help not give people false hope or make my self seem bigger or better than i actually am.

my feet are firmly on the ground and has you will see shiner my business info is there for all to see!!
No false hope here my friend! All the time ive been on here ive never made out that im something im not.
I am what i am. So get used to it!