Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Getting dark...
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »
The last 3 days I've found myself finishing off my last house of the day just before it gets dark! In fact yesterday I was still cleaning a conservatory roof at 4:45pm.

It's a nightmare! I'm gonna have to get up 30 mins earlier I think  :'(

Andy

Re: Getting dark...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:41:42 pm »
What time do you start Andy?

I never start later than 8 am.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:46:18 pm »
I also finished at 4.45pm today. I don't normally push it this late but my custies didn't seem to mind.

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:38 pm »
Finished at 4pm today.  Gonna start earlier myself...

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:50:52 pm »
I've been starting at 9am... I did have my cousin working with me up until last Friday, so I've now got it all to do on my own.

I think that if I start by 8:30 am I should be done by 4ish.

Andy

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 05:53:05 pm »
iv been starting bout 7 30, getting busy now theres less hours its not fair :'(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:55:36 pm »
I finished at just gone 4 today. :o

Latest for months!

jdemarco

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 05:59:11 pm »
I've been starting at 9am... I did have my cousin working with me up until last Friday, so I've now got it all to do on my own.

I think that if I start by 8:30 am I should be done by 4ish.

Andy
From now and over winter i finish at 5 or just after i keep certain houses till last that i know wont mind me cleaning if it gets a bit dark or some i know wont be back from work till 5.30. still starting at 7.30am thats not leaving my house thats cleaning my first customers house which is usually a farm or a customer whos up early, its usefull to know whos up and whos not, thats if you want to make the most of your day, which i do.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 06:03:15 pm »
From now and over winter i finish at 5 or just after i keep certain houses till last that i know wont mind me cleaning if it gets a bit dark or some i know wont be back from work till 5.30. still starting at 7.30am thats not leaving my house thats cleaning my first customers house which is usually a farm or a customer whos up early, its usefull to know whos up and whos not, thats if you want to make the most of your day, which i do.

Soon it will be pitch black by 5pm so you'll have to start finishing earlier.

Andy

dai

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
I am starting earlier too. The first hour seems to be the most productive of the day.
Other tradesmen start at 8am so why not us?
Wet bristles on glass makes for silent cleaning, so I'm not disturbing anyone.
The trouble with 4 pm finishes, is that I leave for home before most of my customers finish work. I have a hell of a lot of collecting to do tomorrow night. Dai

jdemarco

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:09:02 pm »

Soon it will be pitch black by 5pm so you'll have to start finishing earlier.

Andy
Not unless i have houses that i can do ie if customers arent back till 5.30. its not as if you can do a bad job cos you cant see the top windows properly when your wfp any way. not from the ground.

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:44 pm »
jdmarco are you seriously saying youll clean in the pitch black and be happy??

jdemarco

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »
I am starting earlier too. The first hour seems to be the most productive of the day.
Other tradesmen start at 8am so why not us?
Wet bristles on glass makes for silent cleaning, so I'm not disturbing anyone.
The trouble with 4 pm finishes, is that I leave for home before most of my customers finish work. I have a hell of a lot of collecting to do tomorrow night. Dai
Dont collect then let your customers know you wont be calling round so can you send a cheque or just keep it for next time. Ive never collected in 4 years of window cleaning. Train your customers well. They wont send it to you cos they know youll be coming round if you dont theyll send it you. otherwise your hourly rate decreases.

jdemarco

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 06:16:04 pm »
jdmarco are you seriously saying youll clean in the pitch black and be happy??

Yeh, i could clean windows with my eyes shut.

supernova77

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:23 pm »
jdemarco,

I don't think it's very pro to be cleaning windows in the dark.

Andy

jdemarco

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 06:29:16 pm »
jdemarco,

I don't think it's very pro to be cleaning windows in the dark.

Andy
Im not really fussed what you think. when you have a busy schedule like mine you have no choice. You can clean a window when its dark at 5 just as good as you could if it was light.... if your a pro!

Neil_A

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 06:30:08 pm »
I got to a customers house the other day @ 7:25am... Yes i was there early. but i was planning to eat mcd's breakfast there and start at 8:00am

The customer comes out in his dressing gown and waves me over...

When i get to the door he tells me 'i dont want it done 2day'  i ask 'whys that'

He said 'your to early'  just b4 i could say 'well i will do you later in the day' He slams the door...  £10.00 off that days earnings....

Should i dump him or bite my lip and keep him?
GRADE 'A'

dai

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 06:31:58 pm »
I like to be able to see what I'm standing in, or what I'm dragging my hose through. Dai

supernova77

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 06:35:29 pm »
Im not really fussed what you think. when you have a busy schedule like mine you have no choice. You can clean a window when its dark at 5 just as good as you could if it was light.... if your a pro!

Fair enough!