This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jampot

trolley as van system
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:10:29 pm »
hi guys ive got a trolley system but i got a bit of a problem

its a right pain in the arsse trying to pull it around the houses, steps, pots in the way, all the usual stuff.

i was thinking of buying a 100m hose and reel. would this be ok? ???

but also i thought of fixing say like 25m hose and reel to the trolley instead ???

what you think????
i would rather the van type?

DASERVICES

Re: trolley as van system
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:27:18 pm »
Yes, I know someone who used his trolley system as a van mount then, then had hoses coming out of his barrels into the trolley system.

jampot

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:42:34 pm »
i was thinking of

trolley - hose - then out of the van.
ive got the auto brush so i dont need to be near the trolley

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 05:55:29 pm »
Stick 10 to 15 metres x 6mm (Microbore) on ur trolley. That's what I have on mine and it works great.  :)

It's usually plenty to just place the trolley down and get the house done in 1.

It's dead easy to hook it up to a big reel as well if u want to. I've got a van mount and since getting the trolley I use it probably 50 to 60% of the time rather than drag loads of hose out round the houses to catch on everything it can.

jampot

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:45 pm »
yeh mght do that mate get the best of both  ;)
cheers

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 06:40:12 pm »
Just buy a tank with hose for the plumming and take the bits off the trolley to set up a vanmount.

gary999

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:29 pm »
i use my freedom trolley in a van works now probs :)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 09:59:44 pm »
I've used my Freedom trolley straight out the back of my car if I've only got one or two houses near a road. Just pop the hose in the barrel nearest the trolley, hook up my 17mtr/6mm hose Job done. Usually though, I use it as intended with just the 17mtr hose. I don't usually have to take the entire trolley in the back gardens. I occasionally get the hose caught, but this would be the same whether or not I was using the trolley or van mount.

It amazes me what the hose can actually get caught on at times.

A tip: I don't use a hose reel. I coil the hose starting with fairly big coils and make them smaller as I coil it up finishing with smaller coils. When I get the hose out, I lay it down with the larger coils on the floor. Then take the small coil and connector and pull it out the middle. this way it minimises the chances of the hose tangling up.

Thought I'd pass that on. But then again, you probably all knew that anyway.

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 01:53:12 am »
If you have a trolley then getting 100m reel of microbore is a must to have as another option.
To be able to work a distance away from my trolley when i detatch it i have bought an extra 15 metres of pole hose which i find better than microbore as it wraps up around the trolley handle easier and is much lighter.
Eg; if you have an 18 foot pole (5 1/2 metres) then buy 20+ metres of pole hose and swap it for the original pole hose.
I can park up the trolley once or twice on most jobs and don't need to drag it around to clean each window.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 06:27:03 am »
I started out with a trolley system, one of Peter Fogwill's, it wasn't long before I adapted it to run as a mini van mount to run out of the back of my car.

If you have the trolley system, you already have all that you need, the only other thing you need is 100m of microbore and a hose reel.
Don't bother adding a hose reel to your trolley, if you are getting the trolley out you might as well just have a longer than normal length of pole hose (not microbore), enough to allow you to position the trolley so that you can at least reach two sides of the house you are working on.
Pole hose is easy enough to loop up and gather when you move on.

You can always get a small tank to fit in either your car or van so that you are not continually swapping from 25l container to 25l container all the time.

change and adapt, so many variables! Using WFP and working out the best system and method for your own round is a constant learning curve, you need to constantly evolve...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

steve m

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 07:35:51 am »
why not spend a little extra a nd buy a 125litre tank, put the hose from the trolly into that AND have your 25 litre barrels, and have the best of both worlds

dai

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
My trolley can hold 50 litres. I have a hose reel mounted on it with 25 meters of microbore. I never take the trolley round the back, just leave it in the front and pull out the hose. A van mount would not be suitable for my round. Dai

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 07:07:17 pm »
dai

how do you get that in and out of the car/van

dai

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:29 pm »
dai

how do you get that in and out of the car/van

The pump box just hooks onto the trolley. The whole thing comes apart.
I have changed the design since I made it. the battery now sits in a box resting on the axle. The system is perfect for my round which is really compact. I set it up when I start in the morning and pack it away at night when I'm finished. I do very little travelling during my work day, and use a back pack for the few stand alone jobs.
I do 6 days on one estate alone. Dai