This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Wingrove

Re: 800l Tank
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 03:32:30 pm »
now im in a dilemma

do i get a spare pump or not, do i get a di vessel or not, do i got xcel or facelift, i swore i had it all sorted.

Alex do you reckon i need a spare flojet just to make sure?

Ill scrap the DI in van, and consider the xcel

NWH

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 03:40:24 pm »
Trust me on the pole,you`ll be sorry.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 03:59:19 pm »
now im in a dilemma

do i get a spare pump or not, do i get a di vessel or not, do i got xcel or facelift, i swore i had it all sorted.

Alex do you reckon i need a spare flojet just to make sure?

Ill scrap the DI in van, and consider the xcel

Yes that is one of the problems with WFP Alex.  Often, there are no definitive answers because we all adapt our systems and styles to our own needs and our varying work requirements.  What would be suitable for me and my work might not work so well for you and yours.

macmac

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 04:02:23 pm »
Trust me on the facelift,i have a 24ft carbon fiber and it`s like a broom handle.Mines a year old at least and is the same as it was on day one,never had to adjust the clamps nothing just the odd clean.With a light brush it`s the mutts nutts.

I'll second that, mines a year old & has been abused daily, never maintained :-[ & is still going strong. If you got a 24ft carbon facelift i guarantee you that you'll not need a 17ft pole too, this pole will do everything bar the very tightest of bottom windows. Just buy the bare pole mind & use a plastic angle adaptor preferably with MKII swivel, this will cover 99% of situations.
However i have not used the hybrid but with shorter sections & being composite i would imagine the base section is quite fat, it always looks this way in peoples pics, it looks like they holding a drain pipe. the f/lift base is indeed like a broom handle.
I personaly find the fatter the pole the more it makes my arms/hands ache.
Just IMO.

tony

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 04:07:06 pm »
that is what is swaying me, i do beat stuff up, i dropped my superlite today, i was on one leg and the ground was wet and un even, and it hit some stone floor and cracked a little

i cant be having a good pole breaking

and the 17ft is for my dad

NWH

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 04:19:06 pm »
True Tony the fatter the pole the more you ache especially the hands,regardless that they are shorter sections on the 24ft hybrib it still bends way more than my facelift,a mate of mine has one and we put both poles up against each other last week he couldn`t beleive how much bend there was in it compared to the facelift,the carbon facelift is a completley different pole to the hybrid,the only similarity is the length ie 24ft.

macmac

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 04:25:27 pm »
It's a shame i've not used the hybrid, i could then give a better balanced view, i don't doubt that it is a good pole. all i can say is that you will definatley not regret spending the money on the facelift.
My advise to anyone is spend the money on the pole, this is realy what makes all the difference between a hard day & an easy day, day in, day out. It also helps you to make a better job & do the job quicker & easier. not everyone is in a position to spend top dollar on a pole but i would say- make cutbacks somewhere else & buy the best pole you possibly can.

I know people plod along with poles they think are good or good enough ( i did for years ), & the facelift is expensive but from my experience & others on here I don't see any regrets.

tony

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:24 pm »
I figured if im going to buy a system i want to buy it once and not need to buy bits heres and there

sure i could add alot more to my wishlist but at the end of the day its too earn money, and im cutting back the things i dont need,

but the pole i use all day everyday i wanted the best, seems like a good idea

Alex can you order one for me when im ready to buy please

macmac

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007, 04:29:11 pm »
S**t
I'm slipping back into my old ways, quick luke, take over pleeeeeaase. :-X

must stop ranting, must stop ranting :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D

tony

macmac

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 04:31:10 pm »
but the pole i use all day everyday i wanted the best, seems like a good idea   

That's the most sensible thing i've read in ages ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:45 pm »
Just imagine having a top of the range system,hot water massive tank never run out of water new van the works,and then the most important thing that you use allday ie (pole) you`ve cut corners with,no more needs to be said.If you can`t afford it wait till you can,and Alex i`m in east grinstead once a month you could have a look at mine,only if you show me yours LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2007, 05:02:20 pm »
Here's a piccy of my 28ft xtel, make of it what you will.  It's fully extended and almost horizontal.  I had just trod on dog poo if you think I look a little odd in holding the pole.  All I can compare it to is a 20ft and 30ft GF universal.  It's a lot lighter than the 20 yet almost as big as the 30.  You can see how big the base section is, obviously the 24ft xtel would have less sections.  The base section is still smaller than the 20ft universal.

I was interested in going for the facelift from what people on here had said,  but I needed a pole fast and these xtel ones are in stock where as I couldn't get hold of the facelift.

As for the 17 xtel that is a really good pole, it's really short when not extended but a good workable fully extended length.  It's pretty whippy but at 17 ft thats a good thing for getting over conservatory's ect.  You wouldn't want a pole to be whippy above that height but 17ft is okay by me.

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2007, 05:58:48 pm »
I have a 17ft xtel and try not to use it above 12-13ft as it`s to whippy but as you say for above conservatory roofs at an angle it`s ok,the flex comes in handy when needing to push the brush into corners.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2007, 06:01:08 pm »
Alex you are going to have to go with your own feelings on this. If you decide to go with the Facelift, rather than us getting you one and supplying it at list price it would be worth your while ringing Facelift direct and seeing if they are up to offering you a deal.

Get it without their gooseneck and brush but do get a gooseneck adapter which will allow you to fit a plastic neck or even a G-fit aluminium gooseneck and your choice of brush. One thing I will say for the Facelift is that it is very well made. On the subject of comparative rigidity, the only thing I can comment on is the measured difference that we tabulated when we carried out the group test (results on our website).

I worked for many years without a spare pump with no problems but now I tend to be over cautious and carry spares for everything. The trouble is that I often end up doing a days commercial work an hour away from base, if I came home I wouldn't want to bother going back!

There are so many set-ups that will work for you that really you have to decide what will work best for you. You can always modify it later.

NWH

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:14 pm »
To true that Alex the brush that comes with it is nooooooo good for domestic,i don`t know why they don`t call it a commercial brushead with gooseneck,as far as the RO man 300gpd goes alex with water pressure of say 50-60 psi how much water would i make in 7-8 hours.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2007, 06:26:21 pm »
To true that Alex the brush that comes with it is nooooooo good for domestic,i don`t know why they don`t call it a commercial brushead with gooseneck,as far as the RO man 300gpd goes alex with water pressure of say 50-60 psi how much water would i make in 7-8 hours.

This is still dependent upon input TDS and water temperature. As an approximation it would be about 180-230 litres in 7-8 hours. These figures of course look a lot better if you feed the RO into a 1000 litre holding tank and then in 24 hours it will give you about 550-700 per day. The difference in production would be quite noticeable between just 50psi and 60psi.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2007, 07:02:41 pm »
yeah im not stupid ill let face lift make the pole and thats it,

when s your new brush out Alex?

the only reason i say i would order from you is that you get to make some money on it, even if it is just the claiming back the vat or whatever,

and all i need now is where to buy the flojet pump and how to set it all up for a 2 man setup, 

how do you measure water psi

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2007, 07:19:37 pm »
You can buy the Flo-Jet pumps from several WFP retailers or direct from Dual-Pumps on 01664 567226, ask for the 100psi on-demand window cleaning suitable pump.

To set this up for your use follow the instructions at the bottom of the page on this direct link to our site http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/What_pressure_delivery_pump_will_I_need_.html

With regard to the pole let us know if you want us to source it for you, but it may be worth seeing if you can get a deal from Facelift.

With regard to the brush I can be no more specific than soon!

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2007, 07:20:20 pm »
within the next 6-10 weeks?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »
within the next 6-10 weeks?

Yes (Hopefully!)