This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Wingrove

Re: 800l Tank
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:46 pm »
thats a bit stupid isnt it

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 07:25:04 pm »
Not really you can buy a holding tank that goes under the sink for drinking water,i will go for a merlin.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:13 pm »
I use a home based 1000l Ibc and it gives me great fleibility to fill up, so that's a tick.
I have two 17'gf xtel's (one a spare they are that good), so that's a tick.

I have a pump box with vari flow and 100psi pump- and a pump board with a variflow and a 100psi pump, again one's a spare. I guessing that you made your combination choice because the psi/hose lenght balance to a good flow. So I suppose I'll tick you on that one.

110 AH with split relay and Halfords charger as per Jeffs recomendation.

Facelift I haven't got but they are supposed to be the best. I have an xtel hybrid and they are cheaper.

I don't have protekacote

My RO is roman 300gpd with booster pump, to di to ibc then transfer pump onto van with no di. No complaints. I've read that merlin is the best, but aren't they mounted in the van?
These are just my choices and where I agree with you. Where I disagree that doesn't mean I am right.Also Mines a hot system.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 07:34:19 pm »
You can use a merlin as a static or in van,the merlin will make enough water to be able to plug in and use when out on site if you run low and if theres a tap.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 08:12:57 pm »
Heres my plan,

At home want a

1000ibc
Merlin Ro and DI Polisher
Sub Pump

IN the Van

650-800l tank
2 flojet pumps 1 60psi 1 100psi
100m microbore and 60m microbore on 2 reels
10l DI
17' Xcel
24'  Facelift  CF
Battery and Charger
Fitting Kit and Protecta Kote

anyway i can improve that or save some money

Here we go with my five pennies worth! ( I always have an opinion!!)

At home

1000ibc
Merlin Ro and DI Polisher Try a 300gpd Ro-Man with final stage 700ml DI Unit if your input pressure is above 50psi, this should produce enough to fill your IBC in good time and is much cheaper to run than the Merlin. Also if you DI into the tank you can get rid of the DI in the vehicle.
Sub Pump

IN the Van

650-800l tank
2 flojet pumps 1 60psi 1 100psi Try 1x 100psi Flojet balanced as per our website instructions feeding 2x 100 meters of microbore, might as well have two the same length you never know when you might both need 100m
100m microbore and 60m microbore on 2 reels (as above)
10l DI (no need if using the 300gpd with polishing unit at home)
17' Xcel
24'  Facelift  CF Try the 24ft Hybrid X-Tel nearly £200 cheaper and stiffer and 2' 8" longer and lighter per extended cm as well
Battery and Charger
Fitting Kit and Protecta Kote

This is only my opinion but the above could save you nearly £400 and be simpler and easier to use and set-up

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 08:19:50 pm »
As you have just been working from a backpack and trolley I would imagine that a 650 litre tank would be more than sufficient.

In our domestic-round vehicle we have a 500 litre tank and this easily allows us to do a 2 man 5 hour work session. As long as you have pole control valves and do not let your poles waste water when not in use I would imagine that it will be more than enough. The only time that we need the 900 litre set-up is when we are doing a very large (170 apartments) commercial two man round.

I had a 2 reel drip tray made and it cost about £40 plus carriage. Not cheap but it looks the business and works very well. It has a 40cm front side that stops the dripping male connector on the side of the reel dripping anywhere but in the drip tray, the other sides are 10cm high.
to stop them drips I just leave the connection hose in the side of the hose reels, I did take them out for a couple of weeks and water was every where, problem stopped as have shut offs on both ends for hose  ;)

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 08:39:10 pm »
 I still don't know what you are talking about.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 09:36:53 pm »
you reckon on one pump alex, for two people?

the di in the van is just in case im in the country away from home and i need to get some water, if that's the case i can stick tap water in and still get some pure.

I was going with the facelift purely on macc and nwh rate it, and i trust there opinions they have been going at it for a while, just seems that if im going to be using a pole all day might aswell buy the best

and lucky for me i already have a 200gpd ro, just need an upgrade kit

oh Alex do you have any facelift in stock i remember you saying you do sell them but not from the site

NWH

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 09:47:47 pm »
Trust me on the facelift,i have a 24ft carbon fiber and it`s like a broom handle.Mines a year old at least and is the same as it was on day one,never had to adjust the clamps nothing just the odd clean.With a light brush it`s the mutts nutts.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:10 pm »
where did you get it from paul

i was talking about a 800l ibc to put in the van, and baffle it myself

but will have a static at home

I didn't mean an IBC tank Alex.  It's one of those funny shaped Omnipole ones with a bit of baffling built in.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 10:14:43 pm »
Never used a facelift but just got a 28ft hybrid xtel and it's the nuts.  I'd definatly give the hybrid xtel some serious consideration. 

Simon.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »
a sediment one?

Alex.  I recently needed an iron pre-filter as well because there seems to be a need to filter it out since the flooding a while back (not sure if that had anything to do with it though).  There is a fair bit of iron in the geology of our area and it sent my membranes belly up.  You might get away with it if you are sourcing your water in Crawley though.  I source mine over the county border which comes under Sutton and East Surrey water area.  As you know, the water in Crawley is supplied by Southern Water and I think it is sourced from a different place.  Iron pre filtering may not be necessary for you but thought I would mention it in case of problems.
The rest of your setup looks sufficient but personally, I would rather have the 800 litre setup than the 650.  Don't forget that the weight of two guys needs to be allowed for in payload calculation.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »
Sherwood i have used both,you get what you pay for.Facelift are not just expensive cos they look pretty.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 10:58:01 pm »
did you buy a whole system from them paul?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 05:40:05 am »
did you buy a whole system from them paul?

Sort of.  It ended up being a bt of a hybrid system really as it was an upgrade from another one supplied from elsewhere.  Some of the bits were cannibalised from the other system.  I won't go into details but I got a good deal from them because my previous system was of use to them - a sort of part exchange if you like.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 08:06:53 am »
you reckon on one pump alex, for two people?

the di in the van is just in case im in the country away from home and i need to get some water, if that's the case i can stick tap water in and still get some pure.

I was going with the facelift purely on macc and nwh rate it, and i trust there opinions they have been going at it for a while, just seems that if im going to be using a pole all day might aswell buy the best

and lucky for me i already have a 200gpd ro, just need an upgrade kit

oh Alex do you have any facelift in stock i remember you saying you do sell them but not from the site

If you have a big enough tank then you should never need it. So saying I do carry a separate DI back up system in my vehicle. It is not linked to the tank set-up but has got a tap connector on it to connect to someones outside tap and then a splitter to connect to my two hose reels. I have never used it though!

Facelift/X-Tel Hybrid the Facelift is a very well built pole but the Hybrid is well worth a look at. At nearly half the price (£230 as opposed to £415 for the bare pole),  with a significant longer actual extended length, significantly shorter closed length, lighter per cm weight, and stiffer (by quite a margin) there would be absolutely no contest for me, but then I have had the advantage of being able to work with and compare both poles. We do not currently have any Facelift in stock, the best place is either Facelift direct or Cleantech.

Upgrading your 200gpd RO will certainly save you quite a bit of dosh.

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 08:25:40 am »
I would get 2 pumps for a 2 man system, one of the reasons is if one fails you can always just work with one till you get a replacement, have one and it fails you cant work, for the rest on the day and maybe another day.

nat

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:04 am »
1 100 psi Flojet, 2 reels of 100 meter microbore i found works the best, i carry a spare of everything to make sure probelms can be rectified asap

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:29 am »
I would get 2 pumps for a 2 man system, one of the reasons is if one fails you can always just work with one till you get a replacement, have one and it fails you cant work, for the rest on the day and maybe another day.

That is a good point Windowwashers. Although I run a single pump set-up (for simplicity and battery load) I do have an identical pump spare (on quick release connectors )in the vehicle for instant back up.

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 08:48:59 am »

That is a good point Windowwashers. Although I run a single pump set-up (for simplicity and battery load) I do have an identical pump spare (on quick release connectors )in the vehicle for instant back up.
I have two pumps, saying that I have two everything aprt from the tank, my thinking is better safe than sorry