This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Is Your Submersible pump Rusting?
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:51 pm »
I took my Submersible pump out of my IBC tank this weekend to check it over.

It was working fine, But my stainless steel jubilee clip was rusting. I pulled my 1" hose out of the tank and it felt like it was covered in slime though you could not see anything.

My water thats stored in the tank is 0 TDS after going through my RO. The Submersiable pump has lived in the tank for 23 months totally submerged in H2O.
Below is a picture of what pure water has done to it  after I unscrewed the bottom plastic fitment to the sub pump.

On the outside it looks fine, all plastic and nothing to rust, Inside it was rusting like mad.

Has anyone else checked their Submersiable Pump to see if it rusts?

If you have a Stainless steel Sub Pump, Is it remaining rust free?

Anyone change their pumps on a regular Basis or do you just put them in and forget about them.

The second picture is of my solution. A suction pump not in the water. It works great.

Nel

Davew

Re: Is Your Submersible pump Rusting?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:01 pm »
Nice, my pump has been in there since February and i havn't looked at it. I did pick up a spare from Lidel today for £16.99 with a three year warrenty, seemed to good to miss.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:32 pm »
How fast is the new pump in comparison to the old one.

I have a stainless steel pump but haven't checked it however recently it's been making some funny sounds.

Simon.

neil100

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:00:35 pm »
The pump is self primming and it pumps out 50 ltrs a minute according to the booklet.

I think that is about spot on. It is definitely faster then my submersiable that I had in before.

I have not timed the new pump yet on how fast it will fill my van tank, But I will do so tommorw after work, My 800 ltr tank should be empty when I come home. So any time under 16 mins is a bonus.

Nel. Check your pump.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »
why do you use a pump to transfer the water? i have a 1000ltr ibc on the way and i was just going to lift it up about 3-4 foot on airbricks and use the tap at the bottom, the gravity and weight of the water should give enough pressure to fill up my tanks quickly enough.
then theres no pump in there to contaminate the water.

I think i need to empty the garage out to store it in there though as it might freeze overnight its so cold.

neil100

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:41 pm »
Gravity will work as long as the Ibc tank is higher then your van tank.

The top of the Ibc tank is higher then my van tank on the drive, But my van tank is higher then the bottom of the IBC tank. Theirfore if I use gravity only, I will only be able to fill half my van tank, because the water will stop flowing once the water is at equal levels in both tanks.

A pump overcomes this problem.

Nel.