This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mo

Pricing Block of Flats
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:31:59 pm »
Hi guys
Can anyone help
I've got to price up my first big job, and I'm not sure how to go about it.

If any one can give me some advice it will be much appriciated.

these are the spec's

Large block of flats

Front 5 floors high & basement
Back 4 floors high

total amount of window is 189 + 2 large front doors

Easy access all round water tap on side for refill if required 

Many Thanks

NWH

Re: Pricing Block of Flats
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:05 pm »
If the job is a must have then you might go in cheaper but i would go ground floor £1.50 2nd £2.00 and then 50p per floor after that,easy to price by counting the window`s on each floor.If you have lots like this to price it`s a quick easy method to use.

need a cleaner

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:26:54 pm »
Hi guys
Can anyone help
I've got to price up my first big job, and I'm not sure how to go about it.

If any one can give me some advice it will be much appriciated.

these are the spec's

Large block of flats

Front 5 floors high & basement
Back 4 floors high

total amount of window is 189 + 2 large front doors

Easy access all round water tap on side for refill if required 

Many Thanks

Hi Jose, out of curiosity are you Portuguese?

Mo

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:59:45 pm »
No Spanish but The Afonso is Portugese

Mo

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:02 pm »
Thank you NWH
Thats what I had in mine :o

gsw

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »
If the job is a must have then you might go in cheaper but i would go ground floor £1.50 2nd £2.00 and then 50p per floor after that,easy to price by counting the window`s on each floor.If you have lots like this to price it`s a quick easy method to use.

so does that mean £2.50 for 3rd floor and £3.00 for 4th floor....sorry if i'm being thick here!!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »
Yes 50p extra per window per floor.

gsw

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:21:35 pm »
good luck if you can get those prices, i have just had a bartering session over a contract for a four storey block, basically it worked out at roughly just over £1.00 a window regardless of height and I wasn't the cheapest!! do you increase prices for different cleaning schedules, ie monthly, bi monthly quarterly etc?

I wouldn't have even got a call back if i went over £2.oo per window, be it second floor or fifth floor!!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:24:36 pm »
Like i said i don`t need the work,if i take it on just for the sake of it i`d regret having it.

stevekennedy

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:49:46 pm »
Like i said i don`t need the work,if i take it on just for the sake of it i`d regret having it.

Hi NWH. Out of interest, would you apply this principle to employees as well?

I wouldn't have even got a call back if i went over £2.oo per window, be it second floor or fifth floor!!

We have found this too in our area. We tend to go in quite a bit cheaper. We work it out on how much time it takes, plus a bit for wear and tear and finally we add on for hassle factor. Usually works out around 80p for ground and first and £1-£1.50 for 2nd to 5th on medium size jobs (1-2 Hours). We do charge big money for anything above that though.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:51:52 pm »

To be fair, that statement from nwh (no offense mate) does make a big difference to what someone who does need the work might price up at.

In nwh's position you can afford the luxary of choosing & pricing your work, however i wouldn't risk loosing a good job by going in overly expensive if your not in the same position. it can be tricky if your not experienced at pricing this kind of work- go in too dear & lose it, or go in too cheap & regret it. It's a fine ballance, when i price something like this up i start in my head with the minimum i would happily do the job for. then, i will start negotiating above this figure to try to get the best price i can ( & usually do ) but if all else fails & i do indeed want the job then this minimum figure in my head i'll give but won't go below. Below this figure is where the regret comes in!

tony

NWH

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:52:42 pm »
What do you mean if i take someone on i`d regret having them,i`ve done that before LOL.Not enough grafters out there,to many tossers i`m looking for a mini me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

stevekennedy

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 10:54:39 pm »
What do you mean if i take someone on i`d regret having them,i`ve done that before LOL.Not enough grafters out there,to many tossers i`m looking for a mini me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you are on your own, then, yes you need cream work only or it's not worth it. But if you are employing I think maybe you can go in a bit cheaper. What would you say?

NWH

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 10:57:32 pm »
In my experience when you turn up to quote without writing anything down and working anything out on paper you instinctivley know how much it should be maybe it`s gut feeling,years of getting it wrong teaches you.As Tony says never go in to low,it will take you years to get it back up to what it should be.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 11:02:38 pm »
That`s a bit like saying if your WFP and it`s quicker you can be cheaper,wrong.The way your going to make serious money employing is having someone out on there own working to your prices,why take on work just for works sake.I always go for quality work theres plenty of ordinary work out there,that dosen`t make it a good business having loads of work,doing these types of jobs for the right money could mean that you only have to do 2 of them a day and not 3.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 11:06:35 pm »

If you are on your own, then, yes you need cream work only or it's not worth it. But if you are employing I think maybe you can go in a bit cheaper. What would you say?
if you think about that comment the answer is already there.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:55 pm »
Say what you see. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gsw

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 07:19:48 am »
do you increase prices for different cleaning schedules, ie monthly, bi monthly quarterly etc?

??

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 06:02:48 pm »
be lucky to get £200 for that job where i live

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 06:19:48 pm »
I don`t know why people go in cheaper when quoting for jobs WFP,the whole idea is that you`ll do the job quicker for trad money.With WFP your now doing frames etc i`m sure you`ll find most customers will be pleased to pay a bit more for it,they now also know that those difficult will be cleaned.