Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonpaul

looking to buy a small compact round
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:02:57 pm »
Hi there, first of all, I just want to thank every1 for all the usefull info I've got from this forum, this along with my recent redundancy has helped me decide to start window cleaning as a fulltime job.  I have started building up some clients by having flyers and cards printed and then putting my feet to work, not been easy, but its a start.  Right now I'm looking to buy a small compact round or part of a bigger round to help really get me started. I'm based in Fife in the Levonmouth area, but am willing to travel a bit for the right round..I'm looking to buy a round that brings in about 500 per month as I have a small redundancy payment to finance this, so anybody that may be intrested in selling some work or know of some1 else who might be I would be very grateful to hear from you..I would also be very thankfull for any tips and pointers to help me out in this new chapter of my life. Many thanks again and take care, Jon-paul..  ps you can email me on jonpaulanderson@msn.com

eddie d

Re: looking to buy a small compact round
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:14:43 pm »
jon/have you thought about getting a round canvassed .

Sanity

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »
My round brings in about 800 / 900 a month (100 customers) and was built up from nothing by doorknocking and leafleting in just 1 1/2 months.

Knock doors, speak to people, get leafleting and you will save the cash you would have used buying a round to put towards something useful, like some beers for the end of your first week :)  thats what I did.

GL my friend :)

jonpaul

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:20 pm »
Hey eddie and Sanity, thanks for the replys... I am building up some work with the help from my flyers and my feet and I've been happy with what I've got so far(150 pound a month, last week) but I'm starting to get the problem of my work being spread out, I'm finding it hard trying to keep it even a little compact  ???.  I am still going to keep canvassing, I like the feeling of building my round myself, but I just felt buying a small amount of work thats all in one area would be helpful..   

JP

Kwackers

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:31 pm »
I'm at the same stage, good bit of custom, but fairly spread out, from leaflets.

Now it's where i need to canvass to fill in the gaps on my journeys to houses.

jonpaul

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:22 pm »
Does any1 know of canvassing companys way up my way?????, I've seen posts from some, but always down south...very grateful for any help, thanks

JP

jonpaul

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:18 pm »
Thanks Kwackers, your right, I'm hoping when I'm doing the jobs I can build up the round with other houses near by, fingers crossed anyway :)

Goodluck friend,

JP

Edge Clean

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:08:45 pm »
JonPaul

What areas of Fife are you looking for work in? I personally would avoid the Levenmouth area, prices were crap 6yr ago when I stayed up that way and seemingly nothing has improved.

If you drive I suggest you get yourself out to the East Neuk and do some leafletting and canvassing by yourself.

You could also try contacting another member on this Forum, (ducky), he is Fife based and my either know of areas to canvass or WC who may have work for sale.

good Luck

Tam K

jonpaul

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 06:28:18 pm »
Hi Tam, thanks for that..most of my work I've got is in the village of Ceres as I travel to Dundee a  lot(wee lass to school) and not to bad priced work.  I've not really cannvassed in Levenmouth yet and from what I understand the prices have'nt changed from when you stayed up this way :), saying that I'd still buy some if it was compact..  I'll hopfully be able to get in touch with Ducky and take it from there..

Thanks again Tam

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 06:37:15 pm »
Hi Tam, thanks for that..most of my work I've got is in the village of Ceres as I travel to Dundee a  lot(wee lass to school) and not to bad priced work.  I've not really cannvassed in Levenmouth yet and from what I understand the prices have'nt changed from when you stayed up this way :), saying that I'd still buy some if it was compact..  I'll hopfully be able to get in touch with Ducky and take it from there..

Thanks again Tam
Contact Jouk45 he's in the Dundee area and may be able to help you.

DASERVICES

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 06:59:42 pm »
Spend a day out in the rural areas like farms etc.. they tend not to have a window cleaner but will more and likely go for cleans every 2 month. But make sure you price high to cover the cost of petrol and travelling time.

I know a few guys who just do this type of work and make a good living, worth a try if no one is doing it in your area.

jonpaul

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:13:08 pm »
thanks for that D.A. Services, its something I'm going to think about :)

Neil_A

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 07:37:27 pm »
canvassing companys

I would keep away from them... If you have time  on your hands, get them leaflets out there. Its works and its cheaper!!

If not buy a round from a window cleaner that has being cleaning them for at least a year.
GRADE 'A'

jonpaul

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:46:08 pm »
thanks Neil, I'm not to keen on using canvassing companys..I've been doing it myself and am happy to carry on this way, now  I'm getting a little worried about my work being all over the place, I'm currently looking to buy a small round in my area, so if any1 is or knows some1 elae who might be selling about 500 pound worth of work in the Fife area(levenmouth or surounding area), please let me know..

Many thanks,

JP

jdemarco

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:52 pm »
Hi there, first of all, I just want to thank every1 for all the usefull info I've got from this forum, this along with my recent redundancy has helped me decide to start window cleaning as a fulltime job.  I have started building up some clients by having flyers and cards printed and then putting my feet to work, not been easy, but its a start.  Right now I'm looking to buy a small compact round or part of a bigger round to help really get me started. I'm based in Fife in the Levonmouth area, but am willing to travel a bit for the right round..I'm looking to buy a round that brings in about 500 per month as I have a small redundancy payment to finance this, so anybody that may be intrested in selling some work or know of some1 else who might be I would be very grateful to hear from you..I would also be very thankfull for any tips and pointers to help me out in this new chapter of my life. Many thanks again and take care, Jon-paul..  ps you can email me on jonpaulanderson@msn.com
If you got a yellow pages to hand for your area, look up your window cleaners phone them and ask them if they have any work that there not getting through that they would be interested in selling you or any advice on areas that they know of. You dont know untill you ask.
Thats what ive done in the past and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Dont bother paying someone to canvass a round do it yourself and make sure you speak to people face to face and not just give them a flyer. Flyers are great but dont use them as an excuse not to face people and sell yourself and make sure you make them think your the nicest guy in the world cos even if you dont get there business they will tell there friends about a lovely polite chap that called round to quote for cleaning the windows. I hope for your sake you got a trusting face!
                               regards
                                        j demarco