This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Help with letter head and George
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:51:28 pm »
I need someone to help me set up a letterhead with George.

I also need to use a couple of logos at the bottom of the page.

If anyone can help me email me at

Moderator David@stives

Re: Help with letter head and George
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:36:54 am »
 :).

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:27 am »
:).

You forgot to write "bump".   :)

Dave.  I don't use George so couldn't tell you if it's possible to do what you want in that software.  However, coiuldn't you pre-print your stationery by using the header/footer options in an ordinary word processor and ensuring that George prints on the correct part of the sheet when you use it later?  For instance, I use Microsoft Works for all my stuff.  The "header and footer" option is in the VIEW menu.  It may be elsewhere in other word processors.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:22:00 am »
Shiner

Thats all i need , the header and the footer, trouble is i am not computer literate, so dont know how to do it , also i need my logos in there.

Once i have the letterhead I can adjust George to suit.

Dave

gmcs

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:42:55 am »
This may sound silly but have you asked the good people at George I always find them great

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 12:29:34 pm »
Shiner

Thats all i need , the header and the footer, trouble is i am not computer literate, so dont know how to do it , also i need my logos in there.

Once i have the letterhead I can adjust George to suit.

Dave

Without using George I can't say but it may be that it can't be done in that program.  Check with the writer of George first.  If it isn't possible to do it in George, describe to me what you want and email me the relevant files for the logo and I will try to put it together for you.  I can then convert it to .pdf so that it should be printable as a standalone product on which you can print.  I will keep the word processor file here for the moment so that I can make any adjustments you may require.
So check with the George author first.  If no joy there, let's take it to email.  No email address on my profile but infoATscrim.co.uk  (change AT to @)  will get to me.  I have MSWorks.  I've just checked and it appears to accept picture files into the header and footer areas so it should not be difficult for me to manage.

Davie T

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:55:20 pm »
Why don't you print off a trial dummy invoice and see exactly where the data etc as printed by George lies within an A4 sheet.   Then all you have to do is arrange your personal data and logo etc within the free areas.

George Systems

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »
Hi

Once you've designed your letterhead, just tell George to use it.

You can then adjust the top and bottom of the Invoice to fit in your pre-printed stuff.

Contact me direct if you need any more info.

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »
Shiner

did you get my mail

Dave

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 10:26:17 pm »
Shiner

did you get my mail

Dave

Yes I did Dave.  I read it a few minutes ago as I've been out this evening.  I'm very tired right now and need to hit the hay soon.  I will put the header and footer together tomorrow OK?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 04:13:27 pm »
Shiner

did you get my mail

Dave

Yes I did Dave.  I read it a few minutes ago as I've been out this evening.  I'm very tired right now and need to hit the hay soon.  I will put the header and footer together tomorrow OK?

I emailed the first draft this morning Dave.  Let me know what alterations you want and I'll adjust it to suit.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 05:32:14 pm »
Thanks Shiner

I tried t mail you but talktalk is playing up at the moment

Dave

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »
Thanks Shiner

I tried t mail you but talktalk is playing up at the moment

Dave

Dave.  If the talktalk email is playing up, would you like me to upload the file to a bit of webspace for you to download from there?