Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Enter this comp free!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 12:48:53 pm »
Pick me ;D
Website we only just got broadband! Us poor old people on this rock, and the mainland being 10 years ahead   ::)
Well what would i do with that. Bet i would make the local notice board, (we have three of these newly put up this month at the end of each road)

Everyone would be round to have a look !!

What more reason do you need ;D  ;D
Your entry is in.

Good Luck  ;)

SonOfFormby

Re: Enter this comp for a free Web Site!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 06:56:49 pm »
Is this open to noooooooooobs,if so I'm in!!

Lee

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 07:52:17 pm »
What about hot people? And inspirational people? Why should  the knoobs have all the free websites?

Neil_A

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:09 pm »
Well i'll have a blast at winning it then.

I come from a poor background and had to walk 10 miles to school every day without any shoes.

Since starting my business i now have a bicycle with a basket on the front and a rack on the back that i tie all my gear onto and off i go.

So if you gave me the website i might get enough new work to buy a bigger bicycle. Maybe even one with gears. :'( :'(

Thank you.

hahaha, im not even going to try after reading your post! Give him the website  :D
GRADE 'A'

jouk45

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 08:07:18 pm »
ian, who ever wins it can get the girl on your site to  ;D
check it out. its the future of websites.
http://www.yaoti.com/demo/index.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windowwashers.co.uk%2F

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 08:09:19 pm »
I suffer from chronic arthritus but try my hardest not to let my illness get the better of me through painkillers, blanking out the pain daily,  sheer determination and perserverance to work in order to pay my mortgage.

I know how to build a DIY hot water system using a calorifier tank and utilise the heat that would normally be wasted through a radiator which I've shared on this CIU forum with others who don't know.

I can manage to build a website home page or 4 (www.EasyClean-WindowCleaning.co.uk) but don't have the knowledge to build a website so that I can receive online payments by paypal or nochex or internet bank transfer although I have a very vague idea of it all. 'Window Washer' knows how to build websites for window cleaners, as he persistently perserveres in plugging us all at every opportunity.  "Failure cannot live with persistency" :)

Davew

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 08:26:51 pm »
Hey Ian, how about a competition to spot the errors on your site? Still a few left  ;D

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 08:28:42 pm »
But I do know how to build a DIY hot water wfp system!!!

And when people read my posts it's like , well like in 1968 when a jaded Elvis saw a young Tom Jones in Vegas and it re ignited his desire to perform.

Well not quite the same because I see myself as more Elvis and the rest of you.. well you know what I mean.

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 08:39:15 pm »
Is this open to noooooooooobs,if so I'm in!!

Lee
this is open to old and new, hot or not, as long as your a window cleaner then you can enter, you just have to be insured.

And dave I may just do that in the future  ;)

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 08:46:10 pm »
Ok, I would like to win this site as I am aiming to double my customer base by March 2008, and believe that a professional website would enable me to do this, as almost everybody has access to the 'net.

Your entry is in.

Good Luck 

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 08:47:12 pm »
I suffer from chronic arthritus but try my hardest not to let my illness get the better of me through painkillers, blanking out the pain daily,  sheer determination and perserverance to work in order to pay my mortgage.

I know how to build a DIY hot water system using a calorifier tank and utilise the heat that would normally be wasted through a radiator which I've shared on this CIU forum with others who don't know.

I can manage to build a website home page or 4 (www.EasyClean-WindowCleaning.co.uk) but don't have the knowledge to build a website so that I can receive online payments by paypal or nochex or internet bank transfer although I have a very vague idea of it all. 'Window Washer' knows how to build websites for window cleaners, as he persistently perserveres in plugging us all at every opportunity.  "Failure cannot live with persistency" :)
Your entry is in.

Good Luck 

Davew

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 08:49:21 pm »
I can't see that many now,  how many words have you got on there? It would take all night to read it all.  :o
Good idea though cos you would get your site proof read for no effort and it could encourage lots of us to have a good look at it. ;)

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
I can't see that many now,  how many words have you got on there? It would take all night to read it all.  :o
Good idea though cos you would get your site proof read for no effort and it could encourage lots of us to have a good look at it. ;)
You do not have to read it all, just enter, you know you want to.  ;)

Mo

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 09:32:03 pm »

Well Done Ian brilliant idea , some of us need help like this to get our bisness going

Yes I've Insurance

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 09:33:43 pm »
I now find the structure and presentation of his site that of a much larger organisation.At times you can still tell it's Ian talking, but anyone coming across it fot the first time couldn't fail to be impressed.

I wondered for a while why if we are his main springboard for a web designing window cleaner, designing sites specially for us he had that message about monkeys at the side of his posts. He has now done something about that.

When you look at this forum it does have people who have been here many years, but by enlarge people come on  for a few months or a year, post a lot and ask questions, and then leave or drift away. This continual stream of Newbies can only be a good thing for Ian. Many of them need a website and even if they know how it is far more cost effective to let window washers deal with it. So what I am saying is Ian is an asset to the forum, provides a usefull service, and has stumbled across a pretty solid business plan.

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:13 pm »
I now find the structure and presentation of his site that of a much larger organisation.At times you can still tell it's Ian talking, but anyone coming across it fot the first time couldn't fail to be impressed.

I wondered for a while why if we are his main springboard for a web designing window cleaner, designing sites specially for us he had that message about monkeys at the side of his posts. He has now done something about that.

When you look at this forum it does have people who have been here many years, but by enlarge people come on  for a few months or a year, post a lot and ask questions, and then leave or drift away. This continual stream of Newbies can only be a good thing for Ian. Many of them need a website and even if they know how it is far more cost effective to let window washers deal with it. So what I am saying is Ian is an asset to the forum, provides a usefull service, and has stumbled across a pretty solid business plan.

I thank you for the comments Mr Solubility, was very nice of you.

Ian Wicks
Window Washers

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 05:41:24 am »
We see no comps on here. So We are starting one now,

To Enter all you have to do is tell us the reason why we should pick you as the winner for a new web site , if you could add picks aswell that would be good but will make no difference to the ourcome of this competition, once you have added your relpy on here, you have to email your name, telephone number and address to: comp@windowwashers.co.uk to be a valid entry, if you do not email your details you will not be entered to the comp: N.B details will only be used by Ian Wicks at windowwashers for contacting you
this comp is on 2 other forums aswell. details of other forums can be emailed if needbe so you can check on your competition.

this is open to traditional window cleaners
and water fed pole window cleaners

everyone is equal, and all have a fair chance.

total web design cost will be £0.00.

comp will end 5th december 2007 at 11:59 pm

anyone that is a window cleaner can enter, all you have to do is answer the next question as a yes

Do you have public liability Insurance ?
this will be checked before winner is announced.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Does the prize have to be on web space hosted by the host of your choice or can it consist of the files necessary for the winner to upload it themself to their own chosen web space?  I'm sure that you appreciate the potential importance of this difference regaring future editing, general control etc.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 10:05:50 am »
We see no comps on here. So We are starting one now,

To Enter all you have to do is tell us the reason why we should pick you as the winner for a new web site , if you could add picks aswell that would be good but will make no difference to the ourcome of this competition, once you have added your relpy on here, you have to email your name, telephone number and address to: comp@windowwashers.co.uk to be a valid entry, if you do not email your details you will not be entered to the comp: N.B details will only be used by Ian Wicks at windowwashers for contacting you
this comp is on 2 other forums aswell. details of other forums can be emailed if needbe so you can check on your competition.

this is open to traditional window cleaners
and water fed pole window cleaners

everyone is equal, and all have a fair chance.

total web design cost will be £0.00.

comp will end 5th december 2007 at 11:59 pm

anyone that is a window cleaner can enter, all you have to do is answer the next question as a yes

Do you have public liability Insurance ?
this will be checked before winner is announced.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Does the prize have to be on web space hosted by the host of your choice or can it consist of the files necessary for the winner to upload it themself to their own chosen web space?  I'm sure that you appreciate the potential importance of this difference regaring future editing, general control etc.
We will be hosting the site on our server, if you already have hosting, then we could always upload it to your host for you. (please remember the site includes hosting for a year anyway

I won't be entering then.
Although I would not have a problem giving out certain personal details, I would stop short of giving out the ftp password and user name to access my domain name.
The problem is that many people are not aware of some of the finer points concerning  domain name registration.  I have known people to pay someone to design a website for them, but end up never having any control over the subsequent editing or other alterations.  This can be because the site is hosted on the designer's server.  It can also be because the domain name is registered to the designer.
Do I get a prize for saying why I would NOT want to win this prize  ?   ;D

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 11:25:49 am »
Quote from: The Shiner
[quote

Although I would not have a problem giving out certain personal details, I would stop short of giving out the ftp password and user name to access my domain name.
The problem is that many people are not aware of some of the finer points concerning  domain name registration.  I have known people to pay someone to design a website for them, but end up never having any control over the subsequent editing or other alterations.  This can be because the site is hosted on the designer's server.  It can also be because the domain name is registered to the designer.
No prize for that sry, but like to clear up one thing, domain names we register are registered to the person/company and not us, we give access to the website once complete, so can be edited ect if needbe.
 I feel you have had a bad time somewhere along the line, not every one is out to con people. I am totally honest as many on here already know, if you dont want to enter thats fine plenty other have and will, as for ftp password ect, this would only be used by me to upload the site and check it works correctly, I do not want to just send out the site on disk because not everyone knows how to upload a site and if it gets done incorrectly it will reflect badly on my company.

Ian
p.s ftp passwords can be changed after upload, you seem to know a bit so you should already know that  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 12:39:31 pm »
Quote from: The Shiner
[quote

No prize for that sry, but like to clear up one thing, domain names we register are registered to the person/company and not us, we give access to the website once complete, so can be edited ect if needbe.
 I feel you have had a bad time somewhere along the line, not every one is out to con people. I am totally honest as many on here already know, if you dont want to enter thats fine plenty other have and will, as for ftp password ect, this would only be used by me to upload the site and check it works correctly, I do not want to just send out the site on disk because not everyone knows how to upload a site and if it gets done incorrectly it will reflect badly on my company.

Ian
p.s ftp passwords can be changed after upload, you seem to know a bit so you should already know that  ;)

Wasn't suggesting that you want to con anyone Ian but I have known it to happen where someone had a site designed and the author wouldn't release control of the access afterwards.  Indeed, even the domain name was registered to the author and he would not release that either.  I'm glad you've cleared that up as I'm sure that you are aware that this is an important issue.
I take your point about not everyone would know how to upload a site correctly.  Indeed, I even made the classic blunder myself once of trying to have a site online with the operating system URLs still on there rather than the web ones.  Took me ages to work out why the pictures weren't displaying   :)