This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G O A

backpacks
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:34:08 am »
so come on then lads are they worth the hassle?
i presume they need filling up all the time and if so cant last very long,but ae they ok for the one off awkward window or conservatory roof.
if so how much can we expext to pay for one and where from,
and how longs it gonna last
ian
if i wasnt self employed i wouldnt work at all

Re: backpacks
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:43:33 am »
so come on then lads are they worth the hassle?
i presume they need filling up all the time and if so cant last very long,but ae they ok for the one off awkward window or conservatory roof.
if so how much can we expext to pay for one and where from,
and how longs it gonna last
ian
from re3ading posts, they seem to work just fine,

cost max  £200, ideal for one-off windows etc, yes they will need filling alot more as the tank is small. but if just doing one-off windows will last quite a while. Do a search for backpacks on here and you will find loads of posts about it, you can get one from ebay for £117 delivered (no CE mark) but same or you can buy over here nearer the £200 mark

I use a van mount so have no need as yet to buy one,
a trolley system again is a good idea if budget is limited holds more water than the backpack, then there is the van mount costs the most but then you get what you pay and can hold as much water as you need.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 08:58:42 am »
There are lots of posts with many differing opinions on backpacks.

My personal opinion is I use mine aqll the time. Only wind out the hoses on big jobs.

No hassle to fill up. 90 secs from empty to top. No hoses to get caught up. I believe this tool has saved me so much time.

I dont even find it heavy. Well firswt use of the day I do.  ;D
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:18 pm »
You can fill up in about 20-25 seconds with the right pump and hose. Gardiners sell the pump for this. And the hose. Nothin worse than standing around waitin for backy to fill up.  ;)

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:13:23 pm »
i know its not a competition, but i can fill mine up in about 15 secs. just using a barrel.
i have to fill the barrels up the night beofre mind. that doesnt take long though.
i use a mixture of backpack and trad.
the good thing i find about it is the fact that you dont have to park to close to the house.
And for commercial, you dont have hoses trailing, so no-one is going to trip over your hoses and take you to court!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:18:26 pm »
We recently bought a backpack to run alongside our van WFP and trad set ups, I have to say it is so good I'm thinking about getting another two back packs for the other vans.

It is especially suited for single house jobs where you can just lift it out the van, stick a pole on and have the windows done in no time.   I would even say that on single houses it is still quicker than getting the ladders off.

One fill will do about 5 - 7 houses (tops only)

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 08:03:13 pm »
if anyone buys a shurflo backpack, i would highly recomend you make an extention  switch, best thing ever made, saves your back and time, ask jeff1 he will sendyou the details

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:06 pm »
If you are right handed you could try putting the electric on off switch on the rhs near the right hip, so that when holding the pole as in normal use, you just move your hand inches to flick it on/off.
Backpack=Fastest wfp on 2 legs.(domestic and small comercial)

Spursboy1972

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:40:32 am »
I personally have no problem reaching the switch. I think it's like most things and it's what you get accustomed to.

Mind you I let my dad wear it the other day and watching his little arms try to find the switch was hilarious. He was not happy but me? I was creaqsed up with laughter. ;D ;D

Southampton- Hampshire

rugby

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:37 am »
threw mine in the garage over a year ago,too small a tank and too bloody heavy to carry around,i would rather just run a hose out,i will keep hold of it in case i need it one day,but cant think what for

tonylee

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 10:02:18 am »
thinking of getting one to run with the van mount but i am unsure of how to connect the pole to it. i am assuming that after purchase it has to be modified. it this easy to do . what is needed and where can i get the bits from
thanks
tony

Spursboy1972

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 11:38:22 am »
tony lee

I took mine to my local pirtek and they adapted the ends for me. No problem.

Rugby

If you are not going to use it then perhaps sell it. I may be interested in having a spare

Southampton- Hampshire

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 12:50:48 pm »
attach to a fishing basket trolley saves havin bad back .we use omnipoles BP usefull tool but not very well made try window cleaning warehouse do a cheaper verson
Spit and polish