This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulodn1

Conservatorys how much
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:30:25 am »
I have just started canvassing for new customers this week and have so far ammassed 40 new customers, out of those around 10 have conservatories that they want included in the price. Some want just the side windows of it cleaned some want the roof done as well. Some are really really dirty, and some only want them done once every now and then.

I am having no problem getting everyoone at the prices i want for the houses and every1 is once a mth for them as well.

Its just i dont really know the best way to approach the pricing for conservatories and the frequency which is best to suit the customer and me.

Any help again greatly appreciated.

Oh and what is the quickest most cost effective way of cleaning conservatory roofs and hard to reach windows ie above a porch etc , i have heard of backpacks, i have an idea what they are but not exactly, where is the best place to look at buying a half decent one that will help me to get away quickly from having to hang over ladder and reach up with an extension pole. I am already seeing how much time these houses will take by the time i need to attach applicator onto pole and them remove that and attach squeedgy etc.

Any tips on this issue.

Cheers Again

Paul

Re: Conservatorys how much
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:10:13 am »
Hi Paul.

I put a price of a con between £5-£10 depending on the size. I'm wfp so it's quick, i dont mind doing a con every other time but i've found the majority of my custys go for every 4 weeks with the house as it's a room they use alot to relax in so they like them clean.

Offer them to clean it every other clean with the house but i try to avoid the now & again. If they want now & again go in say £25-£30 pointing out doing them every other month works out about the same.

I run a van mount but there are alot on here that use back packs. A back pack is a great tool to have as you work trad to have.

Some one will point you in the right direction where to get 1 but i have no need for 1 so i can't help you on that 1.

Macc

dai

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:18:27 am »
The biggest mistake I made when starting, was undercharging for conservatories. With WFP there is no advantage whatsoever, in having the windows on the ground floor. Charge the same for them as you would for any other windows. I do many jobs where they do the con themselves. I would rather this than lose money doing them. Dai

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »
I charge average £40-£60 for green con roofs, (1 offs)
No point doing cheap you use alot of water wfp.

if the customer becomes regular monthly window clean, then i say have con roof done 1 or 2 times a year i.e spring and autum.
once you've got up spick and spam it's quite easy but still £25 min as mal has said.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 02:03:14 pm »
sorry MACC. :D

Paul i've never door knocked a bit shy.

What do you say " good morning afternoon, I am a local window would you be intrested in havivg your windows cleaned regulauly"

sounds polite but i think i  might get toungue tied :D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

paul saunders

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 02:10:22 pm »
Keep it simple "do you want yer windas done or what" ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 02:28:22 pm »
sorry MACC. :D

Paul i've never door knocked a bit shy.

What do you say " good morning afternoon, I am a local window would you be intrested in havivg your windows cleaned regulauly"

sounds polite but i think i  might get toungue tied :D
if talking face to face with public, the hardest thing is knocking that first door, trust me I used to do it, same with any sales if you lack confidence at first it is quickly built if your keep going you will get all hot and bothered worried you will messup get tounge tied etc and sods law says you will feel all this then know one will answer the door., start on the real small houses first, as soon as you have knocked a few you will bet more confidence then go knock the big houses. this apart from recommendation is one of the best ways of getting custom quickly

Keep it simple "do you want yer windas done or what" ;D
and dont say that, is my top tip for the day.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 02:39:36 pm »
My spiel is.......

'sorry to disturb you, I'm just calling to see if you have a regular window-cleaner'

dai

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:32:14 pm »
And most important, MAKE EYE CONTACT.

brightnclean

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:01:49 pm »
NEVER say "Sorry to disturb you"  That outs you in a negative position from the outset.  Just say Good evening..  we are expanding our business into this area and wondered if you need a reliable and professional window cleaning service. Then.. SHUT UP until they speak. Dont stare at them like a maniac trying to keep eye contact. Do that when you are fisrt talking to them.  Look smart but not like a double glazing salesman. Wear your uniform. Have a good leaflet to hand them as you say the wonder if u need bit.. hand it to them then. They will look down at it. If no we have already got one say thanks for your time..  please keep my details just in case. If they say yes..  well the rest is up to you...  features and benefits to big up your image and the value they will get.. then when you give your price again..  SHUT UP  :)

PauloN1

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 06:43:15 pm »
Thanks for info on pricing folks, and as for how do i canvass, well dont be afraid of people saying no! aint gonna hurt you and just use the techniques in the last post. I say window cleaning in the first sentance and instantly people relax more as they know you arent selling anything.I have my flyers and business cards to hand and like brightclean said, if they say  they have someone then i just say no problem could i give you a leaflet to hang onto just incase you might need us in the future.

The last street we done there were exactly 127 houses, i got 8 customers, now that means that a combined 90 odd % either were not in or said no for whatever reason. the point is never get down at the 90% stay focused on the 10 and get excited about the fact that the other 90% are now future potential customers.

Its frightning to think how may people out there either have not got a window cleaner and actually want one, or they have a window cleaner and are not happy and will jump at the chance of moving to you. you just need to make sure they get to hear about you, so dont wait on them coming to you, how may times a week do you see adverts, flyers or get canvassed by window cleaners? i dont get it a lot so it proves the guys around here just aint doing it as much as they should, or they dont need to.

All the best.