This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

SLWCN News
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:36:08 pm »
Guys don't want a debate on how the SLWCN should make Councils change the licence etc.. as there is no way we can change the law unless it goes through Parliament. But this is the latest news we thought to share with non SLWCN members as this could effect them up here in Scotland.

For you guys in Scotland and who are not members of the SLWCN just to let you know what is happening.

It's been a long hard struggle but things are starting to move in the right direction.

The SLWCN has had a few discussions with local Police Forces as it is their function to enforce the licence. It has been very productive so far.

The stateman from one of the Forces is "The Police will not tolerate the trade of unlicensed window cleaners and action will be taken". They were unaware that unlicensed window cleaners was such a big problem. What action that will be taken will be discussed at their next internal meeting.

We have at last managed to get the message for them to be proactive.

We are also liasing with some Councils to make some changes to help licensed window cleaners which I have been advised that they will be considering them. This only applies to one Council and if the changes prove productive then we will be pushing for them accross all Councils.

From what we have been told anyone operating without a licence can be fined upto £2000 and will not be able to work until they have obtained a licence. Please don't get caught out as some Councils will not tell you when your licence has expired.

For members all info is on our forum.

And for those who have gone and licensed themselves a big thank you and the SLWCN will be working to improve things. There is a lot of traffic at the moment so it looks as things are starting to move in the right direction.

Dean Aspects

Re: SLWCN News
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:48:37 pm »
Credit where credit is due well done doug and thank you for all your efforts in making the trade a more professional one

Which council is it?? or are you not allowed to say?

Dean

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 05:03:19 pm »
Dean,

It's on the forum which you have access to. I see your name was on Angus Council  ;)

I think something is going on in your area as there has been a lot of data going on about window cleaners, also there are quite a few window cleaners that have to go before the panel. They may have done a purge in an area. ;)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 05:07:05 pm »
Interesting  ;)

Dean

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 05:17:06 pm »
 ??? Am i registered for the forum  ???
if i am i have forgotten all the details thats why i write everything down i have a poor memory

Dean

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 05:24:12 pm »
Just re-register under your own name please " Dean ". Then someone will activate it when they see it.

And remember your pen and paper this time ;D

williamx

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 05:47:00 pm »
Just a thought.

If you are licensed to clean windows and you pay the council your fee.

Will they refund you a part of this fee if you cannot trade because there is a drought order and wfp are banned.

Or because you are licensed, a banning order from the water companys won't apply.

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 05:58:18 pm »
Good point, unlike England and Wales the water charges are part of the Council tax. So yes full refund, Councils fault for not managing the water.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 06:23:49 pm »
so this doesnt affect england?
im new to window cleaning with wfp's, do i need to register for this?
im in england suffolk

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 06:26:13 pm »
No it only applies to Scotland

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 07:53:48 pm »

Shame it's only Scotland. Hopefully it will be a success there and then it can be done in England & Wales

the gedi

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 10:38:23 pm »
well done doug for all your hard work behind the scene , would have brougt you a pint but i see from elsewhere your off the drink for a while
lets hope the councils and police take action .and everyone is licensed

DASERVICES

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:52:16 pm »
To add to this I have just had confirmation that the SLWCN have been invited to one of the Councils Regularity Sub Committe who deal with the Civic Act. This is a major step forward which we will use as a template accross all Councils.

There are also a lot of other things happening on the side, with Councils now working with the SLWCN.

If you are licensed and want to have a say in what you would to see changed in a legal way and have not joined the SLWCN now is the time. The change is coming.

Neil271052

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 02:06:26 pm »

Shame it's only Scotland. Hopefully it will be a success there and then it can be done in England & Wales

A lot of things only apply to Scotland and not the rest of the UK, like free university education, free prescriptions etc etc.

I personally see licensing as just another tax.

No matter what the police say they are not going to make it a priority to look for unlicensed window cleaners and the cowboys won't license anyway so it will only be the law abiding who pay as usual.
Cheers,
Neil