Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darren73

do backpacks have a warranty
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:58:01 pm »
hi,i was just wondering what sort of warranty you have with backpacks,i heard if you cut off the lance the warranty becomes void-is this true

Helen

Re: do backpacks have a warranty
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:29:28 pm »
if you adapt or modify most any product you will make any warranty/guarantee invalid. The warranty/guarantee is against the product as supplied. :)

LWC

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 04:27:10 pm »
but you dont have to hack it off...you just pull the lance off

MartinB

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 04:44:50 pm »
If you buy from Ebay or get them direct from USA, not only do you not have a warranty, you dont even have a legal piece of kit. It is not CE marked.

Only SRS-600CE backpacks are CE marked, and whilst these may be slightly more expensive to buy (due to the additional cost of the CE marking), maybe the cost of using illegal kit may be a lot higher if anything goes wrong on your customers property.

If in doubt check with Williamson Pumps (0845 226 3638) - they are the official UK distributor.

brightnclean

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 06:35:04 pm »
Wat??

Ur talking about a piece of kit that isn't designed for window cleaning and costs less than £200 and ur worried about a warranty.

If u get 3 months out of it it will have well paid for itself many times over. If it goes POOF chuck it away and get another. It astonishes me sometimes how penny pinchin a lot of people are. WC'in has to be one of the best businesses to get into for return on capital invested. Even a top of the range Ionics or Concept20 represents a very good investment. Either should be seen as very good value when u think of how much u can earn with them.  ::)

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:41:56 pm »
Call me naive bright....but how many of us can find......what £800 a year to spend on backpacks. Or am i the only one?  ::)

brightnclean

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 07:19:23 pm »
Call me naive bright....but how many of us can find......what £800 a year to spend on backpacks. Or am i the only one?  ::)

O.K. Naive  ;D

Here's the maths. Cost per year if u buy 4 = £800.00

Let's say on the pesssimisive side u earn an average of £150.00 a day using a backpack.  That's £600.00 a week on a 4 day week allowing for weather n stuff.  £600 a week on a 48 week working year = £28800 so even buying 4 a year returns you £28000 .. EASY!!!   ;D

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:18 pm »
Brightclean i totally agree with you on this,if you invest £8000 in a system that`s peanuts to what it`s going to make you.When WCS erm and arr about buying a new van it makes me smile,there either earning c*** money or there scottish,work out what that 8000-10000k will make you first then make the decision whether to buy it or not.

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 08:40:55 pm »
I'm gonna be chattin to me mom in the morning to see if there's any scottish blood in me lol. Either that or i'm just a tight git.  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 09:03:37 pm »
This post has got me acting though  ;D Just ordered a "spare" from ebay. Great time to buy lads as the exchange rate is so good. Gettin mine delivered to the door for £117. For all those who are starting to frown at me for buying abroad........it's the third time i've used them and never ever had a problem  :P

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 09:39:25 pm »
if you buy anything new and change it in any way you lose your warranty simple aint it .
where theres muck theres money

brightnclean

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 09:43:52 pm »
OMG....  £117.00!!!!   Make sure u get a no quibblle..  complete replacemet warrant dino.

I think u should take ur time before ivesting all that money.. probably best to do about 200 threads and a full poll. DON'T ACT RASHLY!!  U never know.. someone might have some ideas about a DIY one wat u can make for 10p less!!!    :o  :o  :o  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 09:47:39 pm »
I know if it goes belly up,there's naff all i'll be able to do, but that's the chance i'm willin to take. If i get 6 months at that money, i'm more than happy. Got loads of spares too. If anything goes wrong, i'll post all my bits to jeff1 to sort out. He owes me one for stayin up late one night to keep him company,listenin to his god awful jokes and makin him feel that they were funny  ;D
Or am i imagining things jeff?  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 09:49:01 pm »
If i wasn't such a mild mannered gent bright, i'd jump into my pc and give you a wedgy ya sarcy ol goat  ;)

brightnclean

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 09:57:47 pm »
  ;)  ;D Dino

Bon Bon Pebbles does alright outta u "Ghostbuster" guys  lol

Naaaa they are O.K. (Ish) and for the money they cost if they keep someone on a vary limited budget from fallin off some ricketty old ladder and coming to grief they aint all that bad I spose.  :)

Or some ricketty old Wc'er off decent ladders even  :P 

Art

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 10:36:50 pm »
This post has got me acting though  ;D Just ordered a "spare" from ebay. Great time to buy lads as the exchange rate is so good. Gettin mine delivered to the door for £117. For all those who are starting to frown at me for buying abroad........it's the third time i've used them and never ever had a problem  :P

Could you post the link for ebay please?

Arthur

Art

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 10:41:17 pm »
Thanks Dino

Where did it go  ;D

Art

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 10:47:10 pm »
sorry art, the link i put in 5 mins ago was showing my username etc etc, don't know why,lol. This link hasn't  ;)

No worries mate. Are these the same as the ones that are available in the UK?

Pole2pole

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 10:48:40 pm »
mate, i cant do it,lol....look under username bonbon-pebbles........sorry i cant be any more bloody helpful  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 10:50:57 pm »
I mean, that's the sellers name............yeh exactly the same mate....just a couple of things....there won't be a CE mark on it.......i aint worried about that.........and you will need a converter plug,cos it comes with a yankee plug :(...........you can get them on ebay too...........perlease don't ask me for a link,lol