This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Hospital axes window cleaning
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:18:28 pm »
http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1740617.mostcommented.trust_to_axe_hospital_window_cleaning.php

A LOCAL hospital will not be cleaning its windows this year in a bid to save money.

The North West Hospitals NHS Trust plans to save £80,000 this year by cutting window cleaning services at Northwick Park Hospital, in Northwick Park. It wants to use money to improve services at the hospital.

Sarah McKellar, spokesman for the trust, said: "The design of the building and the sheer number of windows means that to clean them all would cost the trust in the region of £80,000. We have decided that this money would be better invested in patient care which needs to take priority at this time.

D woods

Re: Hospital axes window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:22:23 pm »
Must be a very big Hospital if the window cleaning bill is 80K a year.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:32:34 pm »
That all depends who is cleaning them. Could it possibly be Luke & his dad :)

Davew

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:37:43 pm »
I suppose it makes sense - they don't clean inside hospitals these days do they ???

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:38:59 pm »
Imagine it was you who lost the contract how would you be feeling just now £80k contract gone  ::) :'(

Actually its probably one of jdemarco's jobs and he has been going a day or two earlier each time untill hes doing it everyday  ;D
Only kidding fella!!

Dean

xxmattyxx

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 08:41:22 pm »
Imagine it was you who lost the contract how would you be feeling just now £80k contract gone  ::) :'(

Actually its probably one of jdemarco's jobs and he has been going a day or two earlier each time untill hes doing it everyday  ;D
Only kidding fella!!

Dean

;D  ;D I doubt you were the only one thinking along those lines, I was too, but chose to bite my tongue, I thought he might have knocked a job that size out by middle of the week   8)

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 08:41:57 pm »
http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1740617.mostcommented.trust_to_axe_hospital_window_cleaning.php

A LOCAL hospital will not be cleaning its windows this year in a bid to save money.

The North West Hospitals NHS Trust plans to save £80,000 this year by cutting window cleaning services at Northwick Park Hospital, in Northwick Park. It wants to use money to improve services at the hospital.

Sarah McKellar, spokesman for the trust, said: "The design of the building and the sheer number of windows means that to clean them all would cost the trust in the region of £80,000. We have decided that this money would be better invested in patient care which needs to take priority at this time.

and they wonder why people keep dying, they really need to look at the cleaning in hospitals not cutting the already lax attitude to cleaning, C. dif, MRSA........ when will they learn cut the fat cat wages and clean up the act (pun intended) to make matter worse we pay for this unclean service  >:(

Rant over :-X

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 08:47:50 pm »
Click on the link and read the readers comments.....some classics in there.
Forgot to put into the contract clean insides of windows

Pj

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 09:02:17 pm »
They say they are cutting back on cleaning windows to concentrate more on patient care!

Things must be bad there, 80K doesn't buy a hospital much.  If you are in a ward recouperating long term you would consider it good patient care if you could look out of a clean window.  Depressing trying to stare through a grey grubby one when you're ill. :(

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:49:54 pm »
I don't suppose the contractor is too bothered at all in fairness. It probably cost him £81,000 to park the van on the grounds for a week  :P

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »
Going back about 5 years I was doing the windows at a mental hospital.  Me and my mate were doing the georgeon windows inside that hadn't been cleaned for years, the water was coming off black, the bucket of water turned black after just a few windows. 

We had to squeeze behind beds to get to the windows.  Black drips on white pillows.  We managed to accidentally do every pillow on the ward.  The patents beds ended up dirty but at least the windows were clean.  Then again it was a mental hospital so maybe nobody noticed.

Simon.

matt

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 11:23:38 pm »
Then again it was a mental hospital so maybe nobody noticed.

Simon.

why, were they also blind ?? ? ?

gary evans

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 05:47:37 am »
Ive recently tendered for 3 hospitals by me & the combined annual cleaning cost is less than a quarter of that, i still havent heard if we have been successfull, probably not by the sound of it.

Gary

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 03:21:50 pm »
heres the building, me and my dad have just lost the contract!!!!!!!

yes im joking!

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 04:40:32 pm »
Imagine it was you who lost the contract how would you be feeling just now £80k contract gone  ::) :'(

Actually its probably one of jdemarco's jobs and he has been going a day or two earlier each time untill hes doing it everyday  ;D
Only kidding fella!!

Dean

LOL Dean. I thought of him before i got to your post.  ;D

At least he doesn't have to go VAT registered now but then i think hes special
as he is exempt in his oppinion.  ::)