Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darren73

backpack struggling to run
« on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:25 pm »
i was using the backpack today when the power suddenly dropped,now speed 4 runs like speed 1 ,at setting 3 it trys to cut out, it doesnt sound healthy,does anyone recognize this problem.-thanks

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: backpack struggling to run
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:01:20 pm »
Darren,

Just a guess........sounds like either the pump, or, the control unit.

What I would do is:

Put it on a bench or strong table (so as you can work on it )
Take out the battery pack.
Remove the pump cover (black cover screwed on below the battery bay)
Attach one of your small poles.
Then get a couple of wires from the battery BE CAREFUL NOT TO SHORT IT!!
And run them straight to the pump. Eliminating the controller. Attach the Negative to the pump (if you can) and touch the live....see if the pump runs top notch.... if so it must be the controller, if not it's the pump. Either way it's a £60 + job to fix it?
Hope this is some help.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

quantum cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:19:19 pm »
had the same problem with a backpack we bought
the charger that came with it wasnt putting charge into the battery . well it was, but only 1/4 so we thought we were charged
and the same things happened to us as you have been having
or like in the message above try by passing the controller

darren73

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:20:08 pm »
thanks for the replys,doesnt sound good,what sort of wire do i use for that dave(i know nothing about electrical stuff).its not the charger quantum,i already had that problem and got a good charger

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:27:23 pm »
Darren,

If you can wait a couple of days, I'll take a photo and show you.

David

PS I take it it's a Sureflo?
Not Perfect - But Honest

darren73

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 10:29:48 pm »
cheers mate a photo would be great,its a shurflo

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 11:01:52 pm »
darren do you have a spare battery, swap them over most likely  the cause is a flat or bad battery,
are you charging it enough, try changing batterys before touching anything or it could  end your warranty,
is it still under guarantee 

darren73

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 11:25:08 pm »
hows it going jouk,i thought there was no waranty once the lance was removed,i got the backpack from cleantech about 3 months ago do you reckon it would still be under gaurantee,i havent got a spare battery but ill try charging it again although i was on my first house after a full charge when it started making noises

darren73

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 11:33:22 pm »
looks like ill have to get the ladders out again >:(

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:10:18 pm »
hows it going jouk,i thought there was no waranty once the lance was removed,i got the backpack from cleantech about 3 months ago do you reckon it would still be under gaurantee,i havent got a spare battery but ill try charging it again although i was on my first house after a full charge when it started making noises
i got mine from freedom, and it came with no lance, darren it wont stop them from giving you a new part for it,
phone mike at cleantech  first, he will keep you right,

darren73

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:17 pm »
any joy with that picture david,is there any chance it could be a blockage causing the problem and if so is it easy cleared-thanks

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:41:10 pm »
Darren,

So sorry mate I completely forgot :-[

If you got it from Cleantech ring Mike, he'll replace it if it has gone wrong.

If you really do want to tinker with it is quite a simple set up.  I have stripped mine twice.........due to dropping it off the back of my trailer and cracking the tank ::) ::)

Give me a call about 5ish tomorrow on
and I could talk you through it if you want

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

darren73

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:34 pm »
nice one david,i got it from cleantech in omagh-ill give them a bell tomorrow hopefully they will help me out somehow--ive had the ladders out all week and am doing £30-£40 less daily,goes to show wfp is far quicker

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 08:49:11 pm »
any joy with that picture david,is there any chance it could be a blockage causing the problem and if so is it easy cleared-thanks
If its a blockage, put your hand inside the container, right down the bottom towards the back on the right hand side (back of backpack against your legs) there is a small filter, give this a little wobble and it will come off, check and clean, refit the same way.

darren73

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:57 pm »
cheers jeff,im going to do that now

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 09:03:15 pm »
nice one david,i got it from cleantech in omagh-ill give them a bell tomorrow hopefully they will help me out somehow--ive had the ladders out all week and am doing £30-£40 less daily,goes to show wfp is far quicker

cleantech in omagh ???.....Do you mean Cleantech from Kilmarnock Scotland? O do you have a Cleantech over in Ireland??

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

darren73

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 09:10:12 pm »
sorry david,i got the names mixed up its sureclean,i cleaned the filter but it made no difference when i turn it on it is running on/off/on/off in one second bursts-sounds like the pumps had it mate

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:19 pm »
sorry david,i got the names mixed up its sureclean,i cleaned the filter but it made no difference when i turn it on it is running on/off/on/off in one second bursts-sounds like the pumps had it mate

I could run you through a couple of tests if your handy with a screwdriver?

Undo the back 2 screws and look for 2 small hoses, one is the inlet and one the out let, check them for a blockage or any signs of a leak, this will cause the pump to do what your saying.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:44 pm »
Darren when you switch it on, have a look to see what the light is doing, if its flashing then this indicates the battery needs charging.

darren73

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:52 pm »
na jeff its red all the time,im going to phone the supplier tomorrow as i seen one on ebay with a 12 month warranty so i take it mines will be the same-thanks for the help