This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Cleaning "Never paint again"
« on: October 30, 2007, 06:35:08 pm »
One of my customers has had his house rendered with never paint again rendering.  He's asked me to clean it for him.  Has anybody else done this in the past, if so what do you charge and what do you use how long does it take?

Simon.

Re: Cleaning "Never paint again"
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:38:35 pm »
One of my customers has had his house rendered with never paint again rendering.  He's asked me to clean it for him.  Has anybody else done this in the past, if so what do you charge and what do you use how long does it take?

Simon.
I would stay well away, mess it up you will have to pay for it to be done again. for a few hondred pounds is it worth the risk IMO no way!

Kwackers

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 06:45:02 pm »
Clean the Rendering, or rendering off the windows.

Rendering off windows is just a scraper job, cleaning rendering is dodgy as it's not really that strong, you need heat or pressure, both of which will mess it up.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 06:47:30 pm »
Clean the rendering.  Not off the windows.

I must admit when he asked I was thinking of it giving a miss.  Just thought I'd ask though to see if anyone has done it.

G O A

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:05 pm »
i agree leave alone if it starts peeling your in the brown stuff
if i wasnt self employed i wouldnt work at all

Kwackers

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:35 pm »
Best person to ask i'd say would be Andy Foster, he goes in the General forum www.afsystems.co.uk, ask him... but i'm thinking unless you had a chemical that you could apply that was rendering friendly, your going to have to give it a miss.

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:05:37 am »
Clean the Rendering, or rendering off the windows.

Rendering off windows is just a scraper job, cleaning rendering is dodgy as it's not really that strong, you need heat or pressure, both of which will mess it up.
   ???  ??? how many walls have you rendered?? render is strong if done correct, old render is maybe loose, dusty. 
if you do think of cleaning it, the best advice would be to get the customer to get the recommended protocol from the company that done it, and not to accept that it will not need cleaning!! get the customer to sign a disclaimer, make sure they understand.