This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kwackers

Picking up new Customers
« on: October 30, 2007, 05:23:52 pm »
Just wondered how peoples figures are adding up with picking up new customers.

Here are mine

Leaflets 2-4%
Recommendation from existing 5% (if you do 100 jobs, you pick up 5 customers)
Canvassing ( :-[ Havnt done any yet.)

Jon-scwindows

Re: Picking up new Customers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
i have enough paper and ink for 2000 leaflets. going posting this week and canvassing- lets see what happens, i think il manage 100 a day not all 2000!

after making my website i got 1 customer the next day from it! £20 8 weekly

some people are posting adds on ebay as classified add, worked my first website customer, you can make a Quote form on your website where potential customers choose from different options, like type of property/how many windows approx/ consevatory yes or no/ had window cleaner before/ how many floors/ frequency/ exterior only or inside and out/ then they post the form to you by email...

never done canvassing before so see how it goes.

i wouldnt have thought that customers would recommend their friends and family so much- does this work well?

now that its getting all wintery i dont know if it will work so well canvassing.

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 06:19:27 pm »
kwackers 2-4% is very good but also quite open, i mean if you get 10,000 you get between 200-400 call backs its not very accurate. ???

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »
i have enough paper and ink for 2000 leaflets. going posting this week and canvassing- lets see what happens, i think il manage 100 a day not all 2000!

after making my website i got 1 customer the next day from it! £20 8 weekly

some people are posting adds on ebay as classified add, worked my first website customer, you can make a Quote form on your website where potential customers choose from different options, like type of property/how many windows approx/ consevatory yes or no/ had window cleaner before/ how many floors/ frequency/ exterior only or inside and out/ then they post the form to you by email...

never done canvassing before so see how it goes.

i wouldnt have thought that customers would recommend their friends and family so much- does this work well?

now that its getting all wintery i dont know if it will work so well canvassing.

to add to recommendations offer a % off there next clean for the person doing it. This works for me

Kwackers

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:25:52 pm »
Yes, Sorry, i leafletted sections of estates and it ranged from 2-4% i'd say, so the average leaflet drop would probably produce 3%.

That's not bad in theory, but remember with that kind of ratio you'll pick up maybe 300 jobs in 10,000, thats a hell of an area to cover.

I'm focusing on 4 different estates and enough leaflets to do every single house.

100 leaflets in a day, how big are the drive ways?

Average semis etc you can deliver 75 + an hour easily

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 06:35:20 pm »
are you calling back to the homes next day after you dropped leaflets off at though or waiting for them to call ?

yes the % off is a good idea, on my website i added a refer a friend page, if they got me a new customer i would do the next clean free- its a bit generous but still

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 06:39:03 pm »
i get them delivered by a company but do not get the hits you do (no were near actually) but good on you!!

If you get 75% of call backs your doing well!

Kwackers

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 06:42:20 pm »
I misunderstood your wording, i thought you meant you would post 100 in a full day!

Like i said, i havn't been canvassing.

Depends on the leaflet, WINDOW CLEANING about 3/4 times bigger, and Bol, in the top left works for me.

Sanity off this forum sent it me, which i thank him for.

very basic and straight to the point

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:35 pm »
well, i really mean i will post 100 each day early in the morning before going off to do something else!
i misread my own wording there! if only i could pickup 100 new customers a day!
my leaflets are half the size of A4 paper, nice  and big, il let you all know how i get on anyway

suds window service

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 08:43:29 pm »
IF CUSTOMERS RECOMEND ME AND I GET THE JOB I,LL DO THIER NEXT CLEAN HALF PRICE......

suds window service

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 08:53:22 pm »
dont put your fingers right into the letter box...like me...ref..my post DOG BITE..ouch

DASERVICES

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 09:00:36 pm »
I don't use leaflets but business cards. This is roughly how I have got new customers.

Business cards 5%
Canvassing 15%
Recommendation 45%
Van Signage 2%