Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Re: not good
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:04 pm »
 Tony,Soft or stiff? How do you get the right one? cheers.

macmac

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 07:04:11 pm »
Tony that`s true about the jetting,if there two close together it`s a nightmare the edge of the brush stays to dry for my likeing,i also jet them wider apart as i find it gives you more even speading of water on the glass.

Exactly dude ;)
I once got a brush from a supplier & the jets were almost in the middle, no rinsing at the edges at all :o had to take 'em out & re-fit.

tony

macmac

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 07:09:59 pm »
Tony,Soft or stiff? How do you get the right one? cheers.

There is only one grade in mono' but the flocked have soft, medium & i think they do a hard as well.
Gardiners & cleantech both sell the medium as standard BUT, (this is how i found out ) the one i got from wintecs is soft. There is a REAL difference too, you want the medium one dave. the soft one does have it's uses but it's not an every-day brush & is too soft for any accuracy at height.

tony

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 07:15:58 pm »
this is a similar problem i am concerned about what to do,
 i bought a residential round of 60 customers 4 weekly cleaning, the previous owner of the round used to clean with ladders and scrims traditional methods, and i have got all my wfp gear- i havent done wfp before, and i dont know whether to go straight away and clean the round with wfp, or to do the first clean by trad to make sure i do a really good clean of the frames, to reduce problems with wfp... ? should i do it well trad first? and then include a letter with my bill explaining wfp. or go ahead with wfp? i can practice on my house and see what it turns out like i guess
just dont want to lose any customers from this new method on this new round.

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 07:22:52 pm »
explaining your method of working can only lead to problems. I got very few customers excited by it when i explained. Most were sceptical and some hated the idea.
I would recommend going back after the windows have dried and checking the results before you ask for payment. A pain in the beginning but you only need to do this until they come up good.
If there are spots then wipe with a damp cloth.
With a bit of luck, the majority of customers will be at work anyway and come home when it's dark.

Davew

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »
Jampot, keep experimenting on your house and you will soon start to think your way around your problems. It could be any one of a number of things, look for the easiest first. It might be because your rinsing too far off the glass and overspraying the frames especially if the top frame is dirty, could be dirt bleeding out of the seals (upvc) or scabby paint on timber frames. If your tds is zero then it's just a matter of refining your technique. Don't worry most of us struggle to start with, try and get your tips from some of the most experienced members on here (i'm not one) and you'll soon pick it up. :)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 07:46:05 pm »
jonrob

When I first got my system the guy who I ordered it from listened to my concernes which were the same as you guys (I didnt want to lose jobs because of WFP)

He told me to either go straight in it with the pole system or have one last clean trad and prepare the windows for WFP (wipe the frame tops and get as much poope off as poss). He told me both ways were the way forward, whichever one I chose.

As for the letter, he also told me only give letters to the customers who are home only. If you leave a letter for them to read when they get home from work, the first thing they will do is TAKE A GOOD LOOK and will pick out every little problem they find.

Of course I may be wrong but I did take this advice and have lost no work changing over to WFP.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 07:55:57 pm »
great, i think it will be best to do a good job by trad first as i have all the gear for that too..also using only pure water in my bucket without chemicals and then by next time it should be fine, and i should have had some practice by then. (and more money!) maybe best not to leave letters, only if the customer asks what your doing i can have wfp explanation letters to give them, it would be better than me trying to explain it!
thanks for your help

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 07:58:10 pm »
Spot on Jon ;D

Hope it works out for you.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

simbo

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 08:21:01 pm »
turn up and say,
 today i am going to give all your framework a really good clean. then a very brief ex about how the water is dionised and will dry clear when left and say you wll call back to check results. i had no probs changing over apart from milky frames which i soon got the hang of
cheers simbo

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 08:29:45 pm »
Try and go with someone who has been using WFP for some time and is familiar with it all to show you the method used and try to learn from them and don't be afraid of making yourself look a pratt by asking plenty of questions. :)

Is there anyone on this forum who is fairly local to you who could help you out?

Helen

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 09:36:43 am »
Jampot, you sound despondent yourself about WFP, and that will come across in how you explain it and use it  :) anyone on here close to where he is based that could take Jampot out for a day and show him good results and where he might be going wrong?
When we transferred over like shiner we just put explanatory notes with bills, indicating that this was new regulations and how it would work etc etc

jampot

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 12:31:37 pm »
hi helen,
when im explaining it to the cust i try to show them the advantages and i show no sign of not being happy with the wfp, just they dnt seem to like it, (wet windows)
one cus said,
                  "you think im paying you £8 pound just to squirt some water on my window?! No way "

try to explain just dont want to know.
i havent used it on anyones windows other than mine and im not looking forward to introdcing it into my round  :-\ :-\
i am  absolutely dedicated to get this to work for me as i know that its the way forward with my business.
 but like you said i could do with some1 showing me

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 12:44:19 pm »
"you think im paying you £8 pound just to squirt some water on my window?! No way "

try to explain just dont want to know. but like you said i could do with some1 showing me

jampot, wait until they are dry before you go and collect the money. A picture is worth a thousand words and all that.
As far as unknowing customers are concerned, you haven't done the job until windows are dry.
When they are dry, ask for the cash. If they complain or query, show them the results.
Next time round it will be different.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 03:17:10 pm »
AHHHHHHH This one gets on my nerves, DO NOT explain to anymore customers about the change over, does a gardener tell his customer he has changed to a better lawn mower, does an electrician or plumber tell his customers he now does something with a different method.....NO. Just dont do it, information just leads to questions. If you dont make it look like a big deal then the customers wont bat an eyelid. Only tell them if they ask and DO NOT make it seem like a big deal. If they start to ask questions just tell them something like this "all my other customers say they love it" and make them look like the minority
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jampot

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 03:25:34 pm »
good point luke  ;)
its just you get different ppl that say it must be done,
as from now i dont think that i will bother  ???
just see how it goes. can wait to get a few months under my belt and hopefully i will be past the teething stage  ::) i hope

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 04:42:21 pm »
ive got all my wfp stuff ready to go but its not going well  :-\ :'(
yesterday
           first of all i give wfp letter to the cus and tryd explaining how it works and the response wasnt very good at all  ??? :-\
they seem to just think that im just going to squirt water on the windows and thats it, also most of them replied they do not want the windows left wet  ::) ::)
its not looking good so far  ::)

another thing is that im getting spotting, ive cleaned my window about 3 times over the last 2 weeks and all of the windows are spotting, whats going on  ???

ive rinsed and rinsed and my water is 0ppm

ive begining to think its not worth the hassle. i no that every1 will complain if the window are to this standard

help
We started wfp last week, Have not given anyone a letter, nor will this happen, the reason being: you are asking for trouble, try this it works for me, so may help you.

go to any house start cleaning, if they come out and 90% will not explain it is safe and give better results (this is not a lie it is 100% true) also while explaining tell them you are giving them a free frame clean, explain about the water etc etc and there may be a few spots on the glass this is becaue you are cleaning the frames for them and the dirty water may drop on the pure water that is left to dry, you will try your best not to get any spots but if you see a few you will now why, if you are not happy when the water drys please make sure you call me I will come back and clean them all again free of charge, it is not everyday you get something for free is it, and I have a new toy so I will clean your frames aswell.

This has been working for me, i say it nearly the same as i just wrote but think on my feet when asked. I have not had one complaint as yet, I know I may get one but over 100 houses and not one.

if you are getting spotting with 000 water it is coming off the frame it has to be (do not touch the brickwork with bristles on brush this will cause spotting), i cleaned one the other day and it looked like i was washing the window with milk, thats noted for next time, i will not be touching the frame at all just the glass.

Hope this helps, oh by the way watch where you step as i nearly when a== over elbow yesterday (stone ball) on the floor.

if you want to have a chat give me a call on 07788 732 789, I am about as new to wfp as you can get, and i am a very fast learner, i try everything to see what works and what doesnt.

macmac

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 04:46:46 pm »
AHHHHHHH This one gets on my nerves, DO NOT explain to anymore customers about the change over, does a gardener tell his customer he has changed to a better lawn mower, does an electrician or plumber tell his customers he now does something with a different method.....NO. Just dont do it, information just leads to questions. If you dont make it look like a big deal then the customers wont bat an eyelid. Only tell them if they ask and DO NOT make it seem like a big deal. If they start to ask questions just tell them something like this "all my other customers say they love it" and make them look like the minority

Well, it had to come one day & it's today :D
Couldn't have put it better myself young jedi, well said ;)

tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 04:55:53 pm »
Tony wan kenobi, am I a proper Jedi now!!!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »
Tony wan kenobi, am I a proper Jedi now!!!!
do you have a light on your pole ??