This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy@w.c.s

OMNIPOLE VAC / OR GUTTER KEEPER
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:04:23 pm »
Hi all
I an considering buying a gutter cleaning vacuum,
And am wondering which would be the best one to go for,
I am leaning towards the gutter upkeeper, any thoughts Guys
I have bought the power lance and a new pressure washer but just can’t seem too get on with it
So the lance is now for sale
I just haven’t put it on the for sale board yet
Andy

poles apart

Re: OMNIPOLE VAC / OR GUTTER KEEPER
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:46:37 pm »
Well you know my thoughts on this as I've got a gutter keeper and that was after looking into the Omnivac. The gutter keepers 3" tubing is twice that of the Omnipole machine and the suction (cfm) is far greater. It's also a petrol machine as opposed to electric so it can go almost anywhere.
The only downside is that I can only reach 3 floors at the moment but I'm working on it!
Rod

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:33 pm »
Thanks Rod
How have you set your keeper up
Is it in a van or on a trailer ?
what is the weight like for getting it around / loading and unloading
Do you use it a as one man operation /or is it easier with two
Have you had any problems with it
and is there and tips on working with it you could give me
Do you use a camera
Sorry for asking so much but i like to do my home work
Andy

poles apart

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:44:05 pm »
I carry mine in a trailer. It's a two man operation really. One could use it on houses but it's far easier and quicker with two, oh and safer! My trailer has a ramp so no problem loading/unloading but you have to keep an eye on how full it's getting as it's heavy to push and empty if overfilled ::)
I use a camera and screen from Maplins and find it very good. No doubt there are better out there but it suits me.
Altogether I've had a great response from the jobs I've done although some have been harder than others. I've been given jobs without seeing them first and some have been a bit of a pig to do so I'm checking them all out now when I get the orders!
Rod

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:48:11 pm »
Thanks for that Rod

Anyone else have any feed back?

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:40:13 pm »
Andy,

My advise is hold on for a little while as there were some modifications done to the upkeeper which I am working closely with Ionics to resolve them. Withe Rods version it probably does work but they made a change which does effect the suction.

There are other changes Ionics are looking into which will hopefully make it a better machine.

Will keep you updated when it is perfect ;)

Old_Master

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:27:03 pm »
Well you know my thoughts on this as I've got a gutter keeper and that was after looking into the Omnivac. The gutter keepers 3" tubing is twice that of the Omnipole machine and the suction (cfm) is far greater. It's also a petrol machine as opposed to electric so it can go almost anywhere

The information you supplied is completly incorrect.
The Omnvac hose is 50mm which is the optimum width to fit into UK gutters 3" is not 100 MM .
The Omnivac is designed to also  be used to clean beams and ceilings internally obviously this cannot be carried out with a petrol machine
The Omnivac is available in 240 or 110 volt so can be used on sites in and  tunnels etc, where a petrol machine could not be used.
The Omnivac can be and is used from MEWPS (Cherry pickers) in some cases using the MEWPS 110 volt take off

poles apart

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:16 pm »
Well you know my thoughts on this as I've got a gutter keeper and that was after looking into the Omnivac. The gutter keepers 3" tubing is twice that of the Omnipole machine and the suction (cfm) is far greater. It's also a petrol machine as opposed to electric so it can go almost anywhere

The information you supplied is completly incorrect.
The Omnvac hose is 50mm which is the optimum width to fit into UK gutters 3" is not 100 MM .
The Omnivac is designed to also  be used to clean beams and ceilings internally obviously this cannot be carried out with a petrol machine
The Omnivac is available in 240 or 110 volt so can be used on sites in and  tunnels etc, where a petrol machine could not be used.
The Omnivac can be and is used from MEWPS (Cherry pickers) in some cases using the MEWPS 110 volt take off

Glyn
The reason I said that the 3" tubing was twice yours is that I was told by your staff some time ago that the tubing was 38mm (about 1 1/2 inches). I've never seen your machine in the flesh so to speak as when I was in the market for a machine I called your office several times only to be told someone will return your call (someone did eventually but it was far too late as I'd already purchased mine). Due to the lack of response I again phoned and asked for the technical spec and those were the figures quoted. I also asked for the cfm which no-one knew but I worked it out from other information supplied.

As long as the sites and tunnels in question have a power supply you're OK, if not you'd need a petrol generator :)

If I had a cherry picker on site I'd clean the gutters by hand!

I didn't want a machine to clean beams and ceilings so perhaps I made the right choice after all!
Rod