Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pump water flow strength problem. HELP!!
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:28:17 pm »
Hello,

I've been using wfp for 2 months now, running a 4 section pole for upstairs  and a 2 metre extender for downstairs, i have my equipment on a trolly system and have both the upstairs pole and the small downstairs one connected at the same time with their own hoses so that i can swap poles when im working by myself, but here is the problem: my wife works with me 2 days a week - she's not the problem, hello Karli ;) - and when we use the poles together, me doing upstairs and her doing down. they both work work fine at the same time, only the water coming out of my upstairs pole is a bit weaker, and im worried it wont be rinsing properly.

I use 60 psi i think. Do i need a stronger 100 psi pump (pump box, battery etc.), do i use a just a stronger battery? Do i use a booster? What would be best please?!

Thanks,

T.H.

jouk45

Re: pump water flow strength problem. HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:42:37 pm »
you can actaly buy a 2 man pump, made for this purpose, i will try and find the link, but i dont know if am allowed to give a direct link to them, as i have had a warning for this,   :'(

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:36:40 pm »
you can actaly buy a 2 man pump, made for this purpose, i will try and find the link, but i dont know if am allowed to give a direct link to them, as i have had a warning for this,   :'(

Why have you had a warning ? i thought the idea of this forum was to help other W/Cs. I would be grateful if you could post the link as it is something i also need to buy, thanking you in advance for all your help, Anthony.
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 12:00:09 am »
Just a suggestion.

Try restricting the flow to the downstairs pole a little with a flow control valve in the hose as the water will naturally want to go this route (hasn't got to fight gravity). This will force extra water up the pole. Bit like ballancing out a central heating system. If all your upstairs windows are approx the same height this might do the trick. Could save you the cost of a new pump.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:18:31 am »
If you are running 2 poles of different heights off of the same pump you will always have this problem no matter what pump you use. The water will always find the easiest route.  You need to make it as hard to go to the low pole as it is to the high pole.  In all it probably easier to fit 2 pumps.  Or just rinse longer.

Simon.

MartinB

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:31:42 am »
The SHURflo 8000-946-138 pump sold by Williamson Pumps and others is capable of supplying 2 poles at the same time, although the lower pole will always get more water than the higher pole as the water will try to flow along the path of least resistance.

Pump is available on the new online shop at www.williamson-shop.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:59:48 pm »
Hello and thanks for all the advice!

Any idea where to get a control valve from, please? How does it fit on?

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:22:49 pm »
add a non return valve to the hose or tubing you are using this also helps to stop gravity falling, and keeps the water pressure up,

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 09:50:10 pm »
As you are using a 60 psi pump, are you using microbore (6mm) or minibore (8mm) as the water flow will increase if you are using minibore if sharing pump with 2 poles.
Pumping water through 120 metres plus of microbore is very hard and slow even with 100psi pump but will easily pump water through 250metres of minibore even with a 75psi pump.
I clean a village in the rural countryside and I park up the top of a steep narrow road/hill and run 250 metres of minibore down the hill and don't go back to my van until the end of the day when I've finished all my houses:)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:18:33 pm »
Any idea where to get a control valve from, please? How does it fit on?

Any kind of valve that will fit inline should do as long as it can regulate the flow and not just switch it on and off. You need to be able to restrict the flow to the lower pole.

You could try a pinch clamp, if you lay your hands on one (maybe an aquatic store). This just uses a thumbscrew to pinch the hose a little. There are many types but all use the same principle of pinching the hose.