This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulodn1

Hi Everyone
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:56:38 pm »
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone on the Cleanit up Forums.
My name is Paul (33). Living in Falkirk and just about to launch my own cleaning company here. You can see what we are about if you visit:

WWW.FALKIRKPROPERTYSERVICES.CO.UK

I must admit to being totally new to this business and appreciate it is going to be lots of hard work ,though i always remain optimistic in believing that it will be an enjoyable journey. I have experience in running a cple of other business ventures over the years that did do quite well, though i found that those particular ideas were not really for me and i did lose motivation over time.

I have a friend in Edinburgh whom i spoke to a cple of years back who runs his own cleaning business and it was then than my interest began to grow. I have done some homework on local cleaning businesses here in Falkirk and after asking for a rather established local business to clean my own home, i was shocked at the poor standard of the work and of the unproffesionalism that they showed, this really got me thinking that i could slot in rather nicely if i offered a high quality service.

I have been reading alot of the posts here in the forums and have gained a lot of valuable information and i look forward to getting a lot more as i still feel that i need a lot of areas covered.

My website is now live as you can see, and i have my business cards and flyers printed and i am ready to start canvassing any day now for business. I will be working on my own to begin with, to make sure i gain the much needed experience i believe i need before i hopefully begin to employ cleaners or act as an agency for cleaners in domestic property.

Fingers crossed it all goes well and i look forward to posting questions or indeed stories about my start up experiences, also reading the many threads that other people contimue to post.

Would be nice to hear from anyone who is intersted on how things are going with my start up in the hope that it motivates and encourages me in these testing coming weeks and months.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards to everyone

Paul
Falkirk

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:09:54 pm »
My name is Paul (33). Living in Falkirk and just about to launch my own cleaning company here. You can see what we are about if you visit:

I must admit to being totally new to this business and appreciate it is going to be lots of hard work ,though i always remain optimistic in believing that it will be an enjoyable journey. I have experience in running a cple of other business ventures over the years that did do quite well, though i found that those particular ideas were not really for me and i did lose motivation over time.

I have a friend in Edinburgh whom i spoke to a cple of years back who runs his own cleaning business and it was then than my interest began to grow. I have done some homework on local cleaning businesses here in Falkirk and after asking for a rather established local business to clean my own home, i was shocked at the poor standard of the work and of the unproffesionalism that they showed, this really got me thinking that i could slot in rather nicely if i offered a high quality service.

I have been reading alot of the posts here in the forums and have gained a lot of valuable information and i look forward to getting a lot more as i still feel that i need a lot of areas covered.

My website is now live as you can see, and i have my business cards and flyers printed and i am ready to start canvassing any day now for business. I will be working on my own to begin with, to make sure i gain the much needed experience i believe i need before i hopefully begin to employ cleaners or act as an agency for cleaners in domestic property.

Fingers crossed it all goes well and i look forward to posting questions or indeed stories about my start up experiences, also reading the many threads that other people contimue to post.

Would be nice to hear from anyone who is intersted on how things are going with my start up in the hope that it motivates and encourages me in these testing coming weeks and months.

Best Regards to everyone

Paul
Falkirk

Hi Paul and welcome to CIU good luck with your new start up, are you targeting window cleaning or just general cleaning.

the reason I ask if you are doing the latter then this post would be better on the cleaning section of the forum.

if you need to ask any questions how ever silly you think they are ask away. the are teams of people on here that are more than willing to help, there are also a few that will try and put you down, my advice is not to listen to them it is very hard work getting a business off the ground, best of luck m8 and ask away  ;)

Little tip do not underprice just to get work you will live to regret it, set a price and stick to it

jdemarco

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 06:37:45 pm »

Best Regards to everyone

Paul
Falkirk

Yeh best of luck mate you will never regret this as a business opputunity. Many people think that there is no real money in window cleaning but boy are they wrong. I make more than my dad and 2 brothers combined and im the youngest. Canvass as much as you can only do it after 4 pm weekdays and anytime at weekends, youve got the upper hand on already established window cleaners cos you have business experience like myself when i started. You will need this more than your cleaning skills. If ever a round comes up in your area for purchase snap it up it will be the best investment ever. Aim high my friend. Good luck. Not that youll need it.

ducky

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 06:59:39 pm »
good luck mate join this.http://www.takeforum.com/slwcnforum/
if it cleans we will clean it

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:47 pm »
hi paul

and good luck

jerry

paulodn1

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 10:29:34 am »
Just started canvassing for new customers for the 1st time last night. Ive started in my immediate local area, as it can be quite spread out here. Most of the 3 streets / areas that i done over 2 hrs were telling me that they already get them done, by the local lad lol.

I politely asked them to take a flyer and hold on to it incase they ever needed me in the future.

I handed out approx 80 Flyers in total over the 3 streets and managed to secure 6 definate new customers, with there first clean scheduled for next week. Approx 3/4 customers have told me they are thinking about changing there current window cleaner and they may give me a call.

All in all i would say not a bad nights canvassing, i am targeting 3 other streets this evening.

1 point i would like to mention is that in this area there is one major cleaner who runs several vans and 2 guys to a van. He charges (wait for it) £2.50 / £3.00 per house and im talking like from small 2 bed flats all the way to larger new 3/4 bedroom houses.

I mean what is he paying his guys, it must be the national minimum wage surely. How many houses could 2 guys get through per hr. I see them and they aint exactly racing either. Based on this calculate the number of houses they clean by the price they charge, lets say £3.00 and then divide it 3 ways, the 2 lads and the company. I just cant get my head around it.

The most you could ever get away for charging it seems up here is £5.00 standard regardless of house size.

I will look to get them onboard at a £5, show them what a good job/ service they get and raise in April 08.

Happy Canvassing.

P