This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: My new van
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »
Garry

some nice ex AA T4's around this month, look at about 6 K for a nice un

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:47:47 pm »
Gary

Next time you are down , give us a shout.

First impressions , with the van  FANTASTIC !!!!!

I have done 120 miles now on less than a quarter of a tank of juice, as opposed to my t4 i only get that many miles out of half a tank.

I have fitted my tank in the back , only filled to about 400 litres and still pulls like a train, it was still accelerating past 70 up an hill which my t4 normally struggles to stay at 50.

I would reccommend this van to anyone, i get comments everyday about the van and even some about the colour.

Dave

macmac

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 12:32:16 am »
I would reccommend this van to anyone, i get comments everyday about the van and even some about the colour. 

Think i must be missing something ??? 20k for a van :o
It's a plain green vw van, is it not ???

tony

gary evans

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 05:50:47 am »
Dave,

Cheers i,ll take you up on that in the summer. Glad to hear how impressed you are. Sounds fantastic.

Matt,

Yes i,ve seen the es AA, seem a good deal also.

I,m hoping to lease one rather than buy at the moment, but no comoanies doing a deal on one at moment.

Got to go got early srart.

Gary

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 10:25:56 am »
macmac

you get what you pay for.

If you buy a £12 k fiat you would be lucky to reap back £3 after 4 years, therefor a loss of £9k

I have just paid £16k + vat , i should get  about £7k + vat back after 4 years, also a loss about £9k

For me that is a no brainer , i would rather have what i have got than any other van.

Mercedes and vw have got roughly the same residual values , both about 48% after 3 years, from memory peugot, vauxhall about 35 % and fiat lagging way behind.

Why ?  Desirability

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 10:34:23 am »
Article taken from another site, different vehicles , but the principle is the same
"Consider similar list prices for a Citroen Relay LWB hi-roof at £17,930 and a Mercedes Benz Sprinter 308D at £18,010. Using the respected Fleet Management Services figures for whole life costs we see that the more expensive Mercedes-Benz has a figure of 23.09 ppm {pence per mile) whilst the Citroen is 25.83 ppm, some 2.74p more per mile. Calculated over three years and 75,000 miles, that is a total difference of £2,055.
Over lesser mileages the difference is lower but it is in the analysis of the figures that we really learn where the differences are and how to use them to our advantage. Using the servicing and repair costs calculated by Fleet Management Services to include tyre, battery and exhaust replacement the Citroen shows £2,805 whilst the Mercedes-Benz is £2,618.

However it is in the residual value where the key lies. The Citroen is worth 25 percent of its purchase price at three years and 75,000 miles, in other words £4,482, whilst the Mercedes-Benz is worth 37 percent of its original price, some £6,663.

With a service costs advantage of £3,533 and a resale advantage of £2,181 the vehicles differ by more than the ppm figure over the life period. This is because although the biggest components of the whole life costs they are far from being the only components and fuel consumption and insurance ratings play a part too.

macmac

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 06:30:09 pm »
20k and not even any wheel trims :o
Call the police, someone's been robbed! :P

tony

NWH

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 06:54:56 pm »
I thought that was alot of money for that van,you could nearly have got 2 vivaros or trafics.I know it`s a VW but that`s not the be all and end all. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

NWH

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 06:56:58 pm »
Also you`ve probobly paid over the odds because you have the rear seat conversion and tinted side window`s.

macmac

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 06:59:38 pm »
Also you`ve probobly paid over the odds because you have the rear seat conversion and tinted side window`s.

Hope he got a leather key-fob thrown in for that ;)

tony

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:59 pm »
Vivaros and traffics are about £11500 + vat foor a bog standard basic version, now add on for a bigger payload, aircon, electric pack, reverse sensors, rear seats plus any other extras you might want , you will be at a similar price.

Depreciation and running costs count, If i lose £3- £4k a year on this van i will be well chuffed. If i kept it for 5 years, i would still get about £6k- £7k  for it.

A loss of £2.5 k a year.  that is perfectly acceptable to me.

Dave

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 07:11:24 pm »
I think it's good in life that you get something your really want- as you have with this van. I never understand when others put counter points.

I'd like an inonics thermo pure- But I can't afford one :'(

In the meantime, let the few success stories on this forum be, just to show what can be done.

macmac

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 07:23:07 pm »
I think it's good in life that you get something your really want- as you have with this van. I never understand when others put counter points.

I'd like an inonics thermo pure- But I can't afford one :'(

In the meantime, let the few success stories on this forum be, just to show what can be done.

It's just friendly debate vg, i look at things differently to some, we buy what we want, that's all that counts.
I see the only sucsess here as being the VW salesman. ;) see ???

tony

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:57 pm »
macmac

What van do you drive and how much was it ?

Dave

macmac

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 07:36:14 pm »
macmac

What van do you drive and how much was it ?

Dave

A 2001 kangoo D65, paid 3150 inc vat when it was 3 years old from auction. it's still in excellent condition & never let me down. What's it worth now? 1.5 to 2k probably.
Mother in law just paid 20k for a s-max with all the extra bits on, she loves it ( & she's 64 years old) i think she's crackers, see? we all see things differently.

tony

NWH

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 07:38:42 pm »
Dave for £11500 you can get a trafic with air con + pack elec win,bulkhead + vat of course but it can be done,and VG there`s no jealousy on my part if i wanted to buy a thermopure i could tomorrow.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:08 pm »
Dave for £11500 you can get a trafic with air con + pack elec win,bulkhead + vat of course but it can be done,and VG there`s no jealousy on my part if i wanted to buy a thermopure i could tomorrow.

now add on a 1.4 ton payload , rear seats etc, twin sliding doors with windows, cruise control, rear wash wipe, comfort seats, floor covering , mud flaps, mettallic paint, reverse sensors, 6 disc cd changer. The extras are reflected in the resale price so to me it is not expensive at all.

Like in said earlier this van new was £20k plus vat.

I never said anything about jealousy, where did that come from.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 07:58:22 pm »
VG was insinuating that.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 10:44:03 pm »
To me, losing £2,500 per year in depreciation on any vehicle is too much.

I have an ex BT Transit x plate with 45,000 on which i bought 2 years ago.

it is still a very reliable van with a lot less depreciation each year. :)

Tristan

mark dew

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 10:52:05 pm »
It's only money!!
Nice one dave. Looks good.