Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Liahona

Re: home made Tm
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 07:25:22 pm »
Nevil, have you thought of using a fuel burner?  I didnt make mine but its what heats the water and there isnt any heat exchange unit that comes close to its performance.  I do add thought that most heat exchange units are more than capable of heating water to clean with with but I am very fussy and charge accordingly that what I use cant be out-performed.   Other than that have a word with John Kelly when he gets back from holiday.

Fuel burners run on Diesel, kerosene and or jet fuel.  Jet fuel is the best if you can get it because it burns hotter and cleaner but it is more difficult to get.

Best of luck anyway, Dave.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 04:55:51 pm »
been walking for a few day in the lake district.

3 ways to heat water;

1) as per the \bane machine, an immersion element fitted to the fresh water tank, and then heat the water over night for the next day but your tank needs insulating to keep the water hot.

2) a heat exchanger fitted to the engine exhaust, I bought a knackered T/M and salvaged the H/X of that look at www.hotheatexchangers.com if you look through their website you see a picture of a H/X

3)a diesel burner like used on hot pressure washers, they are called hot boxes, I have one, they are amazing the heat is unbelievable.

I have all these at my disposal but prefer the H/X its the simplest way and I get good heat.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

Bennie25

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 06:24:08 pm »
Most TM waste tanks will collaspe even with a relief valve, thats why they have strenghened struts inside. So put some in!

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 02:23:41 am »
60 psi!

Get a small LPG heater...simple..reliable.

nevil

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 08:27:40 pm »
Jeff, Sounds simple enough but what is it and where is it available.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 09:10:11 pm »
not in the uk I've already looked :-\
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

liahona

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 09:24:34 pm »
When I first started work over here, on the rare occasion I would use a portable I would use an in-line lpg boiler.  I was severley reprimanded for doing so and told it was illegal to use one.  I was never told why.........

Anyway, lots of truckmounts in the states are lpg and very efficient.  Far more heat than a heat exchange unit.

So I dont use mine now, well I do but  not for cleaning.

Best, Dave.

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 07:29:16 pm »
Hmmm....Funny the simplest things seem to be evasive on your side of the pond, Little Giant is a company that has been making portable LPG heaters since Jesus was in diapers, I'll look around to see if they have any UK dealers.

Over here it's an $800-$1100 solution to hot water, very reliable, and with your price and avail. of LPG I'm honestly surprised not to see someone already championing this cause, cause these lil' buggers are a gold mine. Actually I'm surprised not to see 25hP truckmounts running off LPG all set to go.