Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Re: how much water do you go through in a day?
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:41 pm »
300-400 litres on a normal day.....

edd

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 09:17:46 pm »
we used 700 today but most days are about 500/600 for 2 of us 8am/5pm
with a couple of breaks no lunch most days we are filling at custys houses
any time we can

gary999

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 09:54:27 pm »
average day 300ltrs   im stil a newbie hoping to cut that back as much as poss
the more expierience i get :)

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 10:39:36 pm »
Jeff brimble goes through about 15-20 liters a day! lol  ;D

I believe he's a tight old git!  ;D

Only joking jeff ;)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 11:57:17 pm »
8.5-9hr day, still on first time round, tops only wfp and with triggers on my poles = 175ltrs

jdemarco

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 07:06:16 am »
well it must be the amount of work im getting through in a day. i average 550 pounds a day and still on first cleans wfp. i was also told it would be twice as fast.

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 07:07:00 am »
well it must be the amount of work im getting through in a day. i average 550 pounds a day and still on first cleans wfp. i was also told it would be twice as fast.
:o

Dean Aspects

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 07:25:58 am »
400 ltrs will usually last me 2 days but i only do 6 hr days
It was alot high than that when i first started but with experience and better work practices and equipment it has come down

£550 per day :o well done!

Dean

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 07:40:54 am »

I'm quite a bit slower but I'm enjoying a it a whole lot more than 4 hrs a day up and down a ladder so I don't notice the time going by. I can see where I'm ging to speed up though even on the second cleans.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 08:08:15 am »
So you earn £137,000 a year?

i average 550 pounds a day

i was also told it would be twice as fast.

Is it?

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 08:16:51 am »

was thinking the same one man on own earning this figure and only window cleaning, fair play to you I must have been doing something worng when I used to work on my own  :-[

dudek

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 08:31:37 am »

What planet you on geeze?
I am in my prime , fit as you like and i aint gettin nowhere near that and as for twice as much get real!

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:47 am »

Get a grip of yourself man!!! 

I earn that by lunchtime  ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 09:06:29 am »

was thinking the same one man on own earning this figure and only window cleaning, fair play to you I must have been doing something worng when I used to work on my own  :-[
You dullards!

He meant litres! ::)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:23 am »
I was thinking the same myself Squeaks! ::)

As for speed...

On small jobs like a 2 bed semi with perhaps half a dozen windows, the difference in speed is marginal, from stepping out of your vehicle to getting back in it to drive away there won't be that much difference.
But on larger jobs the difference can be staggering, and in particular on georgian and leaded work, even on a small job in those instances.

I've a couple of offices that used to take an average of 4 hours to do, three storey affairs and that would not include the frames either, add in the frames and that added another day to the job.

Now?

WFP takes under an hour and a half and that includes all of the frames, and I'm charging the same now as then...well, actually a bit more.

Your average casement window (3 panes of glass, 1 pane about 2' 6" wide by about 4' high, a narrow opening light about 3' long and 6" deep and one underneath about 3' long and 2' feet....figures may not be exact there, but you know the type I mean!!) will take an experienced window cleaner (trad) 90 seconds or so to clean.

WFP? Again, an experienced window cleaner will clean that same window in about 30 seconds, and that will include the frames too.

Of course, some trad guys will be able to do a window such as I described in not much more than 30 seconds....but that is virtually racing...no, hang on..it IS racing!
I have done countless time and motion studies, often on the window cleaner over the street who doesn't know I'm watching, and those figures bear out again and again.

But to be quick and do a good job takes practice, it's very easy to screw up with WFP...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Jago

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 10:33:37 am »
I am concerned Is it worth me getting my WFP?
I am trad at moment with all domestic house I would say I have 3 houses min in each road
now with my trolley what i want how much water would i need i do max 16, 3 bed semi houses a day
I only have an estate as I have split from the missus and need a car for the kids too but later want a van as well as car
Can anyone help please
also how many houses do you guys do wfp?
thanks and regards J
County Window Cleaning
To Do Is To Dare

Ian_Giles

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 10:51:01 am »
If you allow about 15l per semi you should be ok, so you are talking about ten 25l containers.
To begin with you will use more water than you should, but after time has passed you will become more effective and you may get each house down to more like 9 or 10l per house.
You could also put a single large tank in the back of your estate car (Alex Gardiner does this) and work as per a van mount, with the trolley ready for when that is a prefferable method...
Also, with a transfer pump, you would also be able to quickly refill a container for your trolley.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Jago

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:40 am »
thanks Ian I was just thinking of doing tops only at first till i get used to it
think thats worth it?
To Do Is To Dare

jdemarco

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 01:38:47 pm »
Calm down guys!
 Honestly i earn 550 pounds on average, myself and another lad and he gets 50 pounds a day. On my own im hitting between 350 to 400 pounds a day. my business turns over 8000 pounds a month. A year working 4 weekly i turnover 104,000 pounds and i can achieve this weather permitting in 3 1/2 days and i also have a trick up my sleeve to fill up the spare days with the same customers and increase my annual turnover by thousands and its not by increasing the price or any extras like facia cleans or con roofs or even selling my body.... so simple if you can get away with it and where i live you can. Doesnt bother me if no one believes even my brother doesnt and hes a window cleaner too.

jdemarco

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 01:56:24 pm »
Bugger, hope tax man doesnt read this!!