This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_G

Re: how much water do you go through in a day?
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 02:48:10 pm »
Two or three buckets, depending on how dirty my water gets ;)

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 02:51:36 pm »
Calm down guys!
 Honestly i earn 550 pounds on average, myself and another lad and he gets 50 pounds a day. On my own im hitting between 350 to 400 pounds a day. my business turns over 8000 pounds a month. A year working 4 weekly i turnover 104,000 pounds and i can achieve this weather permitting in 3 1/2 days and i also have a trick up my sleeve to fill up the spare days with the same customers and increase my annual turnover by thousands and its not by increasing the price or any extras like facia cleans or con roofs or even selling my body.... so simple if you can get away with it and where i live you can. Doesnt bother me if no one believes even my brother doesnt and hes a window cleaner too.

At the end of the day if thats what you earn its what you earn. personally never talk figures as long as im happy thats all that maters
P&R Window Cleaning

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 03:19:15 pm »
jdmarco

i take it you are vat registered then ?

If so are you on 17.5% or the flat rate scheme ?

Dave

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 03:45:20 pm »
Listen JD you'd sound a lot less like a bullhitter if you didn't have one of the cheapest scrimp and srape systems going, and you hadn't put this thread up because you were concerned that using 500 litres was costing you too much money, and you'd been done by the man who sold you the system.

According to you your system cost a days wages so why worry, and what's a bit of water.

jdemarco

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 04:21:54 pm »
No not vat registered. never really needed to be not many expenses with window cleaning not when i was trad anyway. But considering it now wfp. The system i bought was the best deal i could find and i wouldnt splash out thousands on something i wasnt sure about but now i got it and tried the cheaper version (still does the job though) i will upgrade to ionics or whatever the top guns use. i built my business up from scratch 4 yrs ago all with trad until 3 wks ago but its not as good as i was led to believe, i was told its twice as quick but at the mo its about the same just a damn site easier. hopefully it speeds up in a few months.
So when i do upgrade, who can reccommend me the best system? hot or cold.

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 04:35:58 pm »
No not vat registered. never really needed to be not many expenses with window cleaning not when i was trad anyway. But considering it now wfp. The system i bought was the best deal i could find and i wouldnt splash out thousands on something i wasnt sure about but now i got it and tried the cheaper version (still does the job though) i will upgrade to ionics or whatever the top guns use. i built my business up from scratch 4 yrs ago all with trad until 3 wks ago but its not as good as i was led to believe, i was told its twice as quick but at the mo its about the same just a d**n site easier. hopefully it speeds up in a few months.
So when i do upgrade, who can reccommend me the best system? hot or cold.
some of the top guns do not use a small system like we do. I know this as I at at college with a guy that fits commercial ro's etc not available as far as I know from Ionics ect as they would not have repeat business and from what I hear the systems we run are very high maintainence if used alot.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 05:08:39 pm »
The lad workin for you must be a mug. Surely you earning that amount of doe you could put him on a decent wage and give him a van so he could work himself and you take a day off? Ive been trading 4 years and aint turning that over maybe in ten years or so.
P&R Window Cleaning

jdemarco

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 05:36:11 pm »
The lads only been with me for 2 wks, im training him up so he knows the round so he can take over the cleaning side i got someone else starting in 2 months once the lad with me now knows what needs doing and theyll be working together so i can manage the business and canvass and bring more work in, desperate to get into commercial now i got wfp. so thats gonna take alot of time tendering for these and thats when ill need a better commercial system and van so i can concentrate on this side. gonna be hard work but what you put in you get out.
 ive never seen the point in buying commercial work cos your not guaranteed repeat business like you are with private.
Any one agree?

Davew

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 06:05:51 pm »
Jdemarco how do you manage to work ten hours a day, earn over five hundred pounds use 500ltres of water and post on here at such odd times? Have a look through your posts. ::)

brightnclean

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »
IF the figures you quote are accurate then you are breaking the law.

You have no choice but to register for VAT. The threshold for VAT is £64,000. I have a Freedom system and know the guys there very well. They dont talk b+ll+cks. I,ve seen planty of exagerated claims about how fast you can be with WFP vs trad advertised. As much as 400% faster. It doesnt really matter who's system you get it wont make any difference. All you can do is carry more water than you do now. Like I've already said you are only just at the start with WFP. Give it a chance and stop griping. It isnt a wonder tool that can make you a fortune. It i faster eventually but it takes TIME to get to that stage. According to what you say you should have gone from £550 a day to £1100 overnight.  ::)

jdemarco

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 07:17:19 pm »
Well if you read the posts properly then you would see that i get through my work in 3 1/2 days. And that half day was today any other time its before 7am or after 6pm im posting why does it make a difference when i post? pure freedom are fine but im saying what they told me about it twice as fast and 400 ltrs in 2 days. ill ask them again, need to phone monday to sort out my leaky ro unit anyway. i know what i need to do i was just working out how much is the norm. No probs.

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 07:32:40 pm »
Calm down guys!
 Honestly i earn 550 pounds on average, myself and another lad and he gets 50 pounds a day. On my own im hitting between 350 to 400 pounds a day. my business turns over 8000 pounds a month. A year working 4 weekly i turnover 104,000 pounds and i can achieve this weather permitting in 3 1/2 days and i also have a trick up my sleeve to fill up the spare days with the same customers and increase my annual turnover by thousands and its not by increasing the price or any extras like facia cleans or con roofs or even selling my body.... so simple if you can get away with it and where i live you can. Doesnt bother me if no one believes even my brother doesnt and hes a window cleaner too.
tell us more

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 08:51:12 pm »
jdmarco

My tax investigator wife has just informed me the vat threshold is £64'000, if you dont register then you will get hammered well and truly.

Messing with the vat man is a LOT worse than just hiding the odd tenner from the taxman.   :-X

For your sake i hope the vat people dont put a trace on your i.p. address.

p.s . my wife is a window cleaner so you are ok   ;D

dai

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 08:57:35 pm »
All domestic work too. well done mate, £50 an hour for 10 hours. Your definitely not doing council houses at £4.50 a go. I am happy to earn in a week, what you earn in a day.
to be honest, I bet the majority of us are lucky to average £500 a week. I made the common mistake of filling my month with work and settling for that.
I never moved on to phase 2. That's where you only take on better customers and drop the dross.
I work 8 hours and usually get through about 200/225 litres. Dai

D woods

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 10:02:22 am »
I think Mr Demarco is having a wind up..

jdemarco

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 10:07:51 am »
Think what you like. It can be done and if anybody wants any help in getting there just ask me if i can do it any 1 can it just takes a bit of drive and ambition and wanting to better yourself.

Im here to help

Highrise

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2007, 02:04:53 pm »
Am I doin something wrong or is it to much work.....

I got an 800ltr tank in the back of the van and a 1000ltr storage tank in the garage for back up of extra water for the day.

If i run out or I am going to run out by the end of the day I just pop back and fill up 200 -400 ltrs of extra water to finish off the day and do more work depending on day light, I used to just finish when I'd run out of water due to the time it takes to refill, Now I fill the storage tank up over the weekend and use the EXTRA water as and when I need to refill during the week. This now gives me time do do more advertising to get more work in.... Great This will make me get through the winter thats for sure....
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

mogy

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 01:04:43 pm »
A days work I can do on 30 litres ......unless I kick my bucket over  !!!  ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2007, 04:40:06 pm »
No not vat registered. never really needed to be not many expenses with window cleaning not when i was trad anyway.

Even on a conservative estimate you are well over the VAT threshold, and from all I can gather, you are also not employing the lad working for you legally.

With the money you are earning, your profit levels will be huge, yet you go into WFP with an entry level system and bleat about water usage.

Over the years I have employed countless people, and it takes months to get them up to speed, and not just the speed, but also to get them to do the job properly, you spend half your time going over their work and re-doing it for the first few weeks.
And how on earth can you put in 10 hour days during the winter?
Commercial work can certainly be done early in the morning, I do that most days of the week, but come 4pm in the winter you are working in virtual darkness.

Perhaps someone on the forum who is local to you could accompany you for a day or two and watch you work and also check your standards, on one of the threads you have in fact invited someone to do just that.

what you claim to do may well be 100% accurate, but for 99% of people it is virtually inpossible to achieve anything like the figures you are claiming.

If you are half the business man you claim you are, you would be legit, charging VAT and employing correctly, and with such a massively successful round you would not be timidely going for and entry level WFP system, (nothing wrong with entry level by the way, it's how I started in WFP) with the profit levels you must have, spending a few thousand on a high end spec system wouldn't have had you batting an eyelid.

If I am wrong about you then I apologise unreservedly in advance....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

supernova77

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 08:56:05 pm »
Sorry,

Just resurrecting this thread as jdemarco never answered the question about why he's not VAT registered when he's turning over 104k per year???

Andy