This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jdemarco

how much water do you go through in a day?
« on: October 11, 2007, 07:09:18 pm »
i bought my pure water system from pure freedom in grimsby and they told me a 400ltr tank of pure water would last me 2 days work. so i thought that was ideal and bought it.
i then realised when i first used it 400ltr only lasted half a day, boy was i dissapointed. so i bought 12   25 ltr tanks for my trolley cos i have a lad working for me and come 3pm were empty and need to fill up again to carry on. maybe im doing something wrong, i dont think i am or maybe i was mis informed
either way its annoying. only been using it 2 wks and still not as fast as trad yet.
 so how much water does everone else go through?

Davew

Re: how much water do you go through in a day?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 07:12:44 pm »
Trouble is your working sixteen hours a day.  ::)

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:13:15 pm »
Trouble is your working sixteen hours a day.  ::)

PMSL  ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:18:52 pm »
I thought that when I bought a 400L tank. :-\

250-300L per day is usual for me.
If I've got some mucky first cleans I could drain nearly 400L.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 07:22:38 pm »
You are a bit keen JD. It's quite normal to work seven days a week for the first couple of years of starting any business but not everyone is at the same stage in thier lives as you are.

I find the work quite hard for instance.

On the question of water usage I'm about the same as you. If you think you are using too much turn your flow control down. I have a 400l tank, and some 25l containers. I call back at lunch time and fill up with a transfer pump. It takes five minutes.

You'll have to work a bit harder and buy some proper kit.

Welcome to the forum.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »
i bought my pure water system from pure freedom in grimsby and they told me a 400ltr tank of pure water would last me 2 days work. so i thought that was ideal and bought it.
i then realised when i first used it 400ltr only lasted half a day, boy was i dissapointed. so i bought 12   25 ltr tanks for my trolley cos i have a lad working for me and come 3pm were empty and need to fill up again to carry on. maybe im doing something wrong, i dont think i am or maybe i was mis informed
either way its annoying. only been using it 2 wks and still not as fast as trad yet.
 so how much water does everone else go through?

I have been known to use 700 litres in a day but usually 400 is enough.  Maybe 500 if I've got some dirty first cleans to do.  I could probably reduce if I had to but I've got a decent sized tank in a van that can take the weight.  I set things up like that so that I didn't have to keep checking water levels.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 07:40:11 pm »
I get through 400 litres by breakfast  :P

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »
Try screwing the lids on. ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 07:41:55 pm »
You guys need to put triggers on your poles. A mega day for me & i still cant get through
400ltrs, what are you doing with all that water.  ???

Macc

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 07:43:29 pm »
Me and ma dad use 500ltrs, sometimes less and sometimes more, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 07:48:59 pm »
I have a 650 litre tank and at one point I could empty it and need to go home to top up :-\
But I now use probably no more than 300l on even the busiest of days.

changing from fan jets to needle jets started the chain reaction that has led to me using less water.
But unlike quite probably everyone else, I have my flow control on the inlet side of the pump.
Happened quite by accident too.

The hose leading from van tank to the inlet side of the pump is just cheap, crappy hoselock hose (useless stuff but fine for going between tank and pump) and at one point I thought I was having pump problems, sometimes I had good flow, sometimes I didn't.... >:(
At that point my inline valve was where everyone elses usually is...on the pole hose....
Then after ferretting around in the back of the van I saw that the hose between tank and pump was kinked, and being cheap and thin, the suction from the pump was causing it to concave, further reducing the flow.

Hasn't appeared to do the pump any harm, so now I have put a flow valve right next to the inlet on the pump, and I adjust my flow from there.
No worries of the pump cycling thats for sure.
It's been like it for a few months now, and the pump is still working perfectly fine.

The jets of water from my brush now only go about 4ft in the air when the brush is lying on the floor...as against about 15ft!

You do have to be more careful when using a low flow rate though, it's much easier to get it wrong!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

brightnclean

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 07:50:30 pm »
TURN UR FLOW RATE DOWN!!

If you are working on domestic stuff you are wasting a h*lluva lot of water. You are only 2 weeks into WFP so you wont be anywhere near as efficient as you will in 2 or 3 months which is about what it takes to get up to speed. I bet ur running around like a headless chicken tripping up over everything, snagging hoses and all the good stuff that comes with the 1st time around. Post agin in a couple of months and I bet u a pound to a penny you will be using nowhere near as much water and you will be faster than trad.

On an average day on domestic I use max 250 ltrs a day. I find that too much water flow is a pain and can actually cause probs with it getting where I dont want it to go.

BTW I work a 18 hr day  lol  :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »
500 l a day for me , i flood the windows , better be safe than sorry , i dont know how you trolley and backpack people cope

martindrz400

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:25 pm »
using far to much water 300 ltrs should be enough for a full days work for one person

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:34:36 pm »
I've never used more than 550 litres in a day, even on first cleans. I'd average between 250 and 300 litres now, and thats with the odd first clean still thrown into the mix.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:49 pm »
300-400 should be more then enough for most people

its all about how you do it ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 08:48:46 pm »
500 a day plus for me too and that's with valves on the poles to conserve water as well.
Must be part timers only using 250/300 litres a day or working very slowly trying to conserve water rather than grafting to earn more ;D

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 08:50:53 pm »
depends on your charges spouse
P&R Window Cleaning

stevedale

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 09:00:59 pm »
200 litres ..... £200 .......... or maybe £180 ....... on a bad day , no complaints yet , but i still do a lot of downstairs windows the traditional way , and i get my ladder off if i got a few flat roofs
                 steve

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:06:06 pm »
Just been out to my van to check, i had a massive day on & used just under 300ltrs